PDA

View Full Version : Day before Thanksgiving question.

MZCosmo
11-11-2004, 11:53 PM
Do you think the park will be crowded the day before Thanksgiving?

oregontraveler
11-12-2004, 06:42 AM
From what I read on other threads, it shouldn't be too bad. My theroy is that most locals are getting ready for the holiday and won't go to the park 'til the weekend which I hear is pretty crowded, espescially Friday. We will be there
Nov. 22-24, longer hours that week too. :cool:

SallySkellington
11-12-2004, 10:12 AM
I've been on the day before Thanksgiving, and it wasn't very crowded at all. I got to see almost everything at DL (DCA wasn't around) that day, without using Fastpass or Single Rider.

tink1234
11-12-2004, 11:45 AM
I've only been once Thanksgiving week. It was CROWDED. Although, DCA was not! ;) They were doing the Tree Lighting Ceremony that night, so that might explain why, but it was crowded. Now this year we are going when crowds are MUCH LIGHTER....Christmas Eve and Day. :D

kbanmen
11-12-2004, 11:46 AM
I went to then park last year (the day before thanksgving) it was pretty crowded (not as crowded as thanksgiving though)

shawnarae
11-12-2004, 12:35 PM
For the last 2 years I have gone the Sunday-Weds before Thanksgiving and it is NOT crowded. It is actually my favorite time of year to go to Disneyland. Splash Mountain (for example) was so empty at around 11am that my 7 year old rode it about 4 or 5 times in a row. We never used Fast Passes & made had a 5 minute wait at Matterhorn. On the other hand, 3 years ago we stayed through Thanksgiving Day on our vacation and that day was so crowded. Beyond July crowds! We maybe went on 3 or 4 rides (and having over 30 minutes waits each) before heading to the hotel and calling it a day! So Thanksgiving was crazy, days before are not ;) In my personal experience.

Good luck & have fun!!