PDA

View Full Version : candlelight procession and James Earl Jones?

Tinker Bell
11-11-2004, 08:37 PM
When was the last time he did this? And why did he stop? I would really like to hear him.

Disneyfreak
11-12-2004, 12:46 AM
He prob stopped cause he wasn't treated well.

cstephens
11-12-2004, 10:33 AM
When was the last time he did this? And why did he stop? I would really like to hear him.

I don't think it's a matter of him "stopping", but rather, a matter of them usually having different narrators every year, at least at Disneyland. I'm not sure about the narrators at WDW. I believe it's a bit unusual that Marie Osmond is doing it two years in a row, though she wasn't scheduled to do it last year and graciously agreed to fill in at the last moment when the scheduled person (I don't remember who) fell ill.

He prob stopped cause he wasn't treated well.

And you're saying this because you have some actual information or because you just wanted to get in an unrelated slam?

Disneyfreak
11-12-2004, 11:21 AM
I don't think it's a matter of him "stopping", but rather, a matter of them usually having different narrators every year, at least at Disneyland. I'm not sure about the narrators at WDW. I believe it's a bit unusual that Marie Osmond is doing it two years in a row, though she wasn't scheduled to do it last year and graciously agreed to fill in at the last moment when the scheduled person (I don't remember who) fell ill.

And you're saying this because you have some actual information or because you just wanted to get in an unrelated slam?

I said probably didn't I? So please put on your glasses before you start flamming me ok.

jiminycesq
11-12-2004, 11:34 AM
As I recall, Candlelight has traditionally been offered only 2 nights each year at Disneyland. In some years, there are different narrators on Saturday and Sunday; some years, the same person does both days. In early years, stars like Cary Grant participated; I recall one year it reached out quite a bit on the "celebrity scale" to Mary Hart of Entertainment Tonight. Last year, Louis Gosset Jr. was scheduled for both nights, but was ill Saturday, and Marie Osmond who had a "pin doll" merchandise release that day was kind enough to step in with little notice or practice. I believe she loved it so much she probably asked to come back! Mr. Gosset did appear Sunday and in my opinion did a wonderful and heartfelt job. As for James Earl Jones, to my knowledge, like other narrators, he only appeared one year, not for a series of years - but I may be wrong. It would be interesting if someone could post by year all the narrators - quite a tradition, and I look forward to hearing Marie!

JeffG
11-12-2004, 09:13 PM
I'm not sure about the narrators at WDW.

Since WDW does the show every night for several weeks, they typically have quite a few narrators every year. During our upcoming visit, the scheduled narrators are Jim Caviezel or Marlee Matlin. We ended up reserving the dinner package for one of the nights Matlin is narrating, since she sounded like an interesting choice (reportedly, she signs the narration with someone else providing verbal translation).

Admittedly, someone who is best known for playing Jesus doing the narration was an interesting option as well, though...

-Jeff

DLRCM
11-14-2004, 02:00 PM
What exactly is the candlelight procession?

kbanmen
11-14-2004, 04:41 PM

I heard at california adventure at one of my meetings that Marie Osmond will be the narrarator this year at the candlelight procession