PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Opera House Info

HorizonsA
11-11-2004, 07:47 PM
While at Disneyland on the 5th, we decided to see Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln as we all know that the Opera House will be changing soon, I just didn't know how soon. Well, the Cast Member that was greeting guests at the door told us that it was a good idea for us to be seeing the show and he said that the attraction will be closong in February 2005. We asked him whether or not the show would be returning and he said that the "50 Years" show will be in the Opera House for about 18 months. He then said that Mr. Lincoln WILL be returning in 2006.

I was very happy to hear that as I am a big fan of the show and would hate to see it gone forever. I don't know if anyone already knew about this but I thought I should share that.

LAsptsfan3
11-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Thank Goodness.

Darkbeer
11-11-2004, 07:59 PM
I don't think ANYONE knows what will really happen at the end of the 18 months...

We have heard the promise of the return of Walt's Formal office after spending a year in WDW... well, it was never returned

How many attractions have been closed "silently", to just disappear.....

Also, how well will the 50th exhibit be... if it creates much more attendance than Mr. Lincoln, will it get an "extension"?

I would make sure and see Great Moments before January 3rd, when it is scheduled to be closed to start the conversion to the 50th exhibit...

By the way, I am one who hopes for Mr. Lincoln to return, I just am not sure if it will....

junglejoy
11-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Darkbeer,
If I go to DL on the 3rd of Jan I'm going to miss Lincoln? I didn't see it on the refurb list. Is it maybe being put off or is it just not a big enough attraction to make the list (this is at the official DL site)? Oh, I hope we don't miss it. I haven't been since I was six - almost 35 years ago - and Mr. Joy has never seen it, or the Jr. Joys. :(

Darkbeer
11-13-2004, 12:41 PM
The list I use has it going down on January 3rd... sorry.....

http://www.miboards.com/showthread.php?t=18152

DLRCM
11-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Mr. Lincoln is the best! I'm sure going to miss it during the refurb.

Fozzie
11-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Does anybody know what the "50 Years" show is going to include? Will it be an animatronics show?

The reason I ask is that I saw the Country Bear buffalo head in a backstage work area. I couldn't imagine what they would have been doing with it, but perhaps it'll be part of the upcoming Opera House presentation.

:confused:

uvsc_wolverine
11-14-2004, 09:42 PM
I just saw Great Moments for the first time three weeks ago. I've been to DL 18 or so times, but I just never thought to see it. It was the last thing I did and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

BTW Is Walt's formal office different from the one on display in the Opera House? The guide there told me that everything shown in Walt's office was the real thing and not just a bunch of replicas. He also said that only two people in the entire company are allowed in that room - Michael Eisner and Dave Smith (Disney archives director), and that Smith is the one who has to change lightbulbs and such whenever it's needed. Was I decieved or did Walt really have two offices?