PDA

View Full Version : "Exclusive" Video of the BTMRR accident - KNBC, 11/10/04

Darkbeer
11-11-2004, 10:34 AM
KNBC, Channel 4 in Los Angeles aired one of its special reports they do during sweeps last night that dealt with Theme Parks and "how safe you are". They do use some video footage showing the damaged train shortly after the accident.

You can watch the report on your computer...

http://www.nbc4.tv/feedroom/index.html

Click on "Coaster Accidents", which is located on the left side of the page, currently the third one down, but over time, it will fall down the list.

lynnspire
11-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Jeez, they make it sound like Disney is the number one cause of Theme Park Accidents. Actuality in reality Disney only makes up 2% of all theme park accidents that occure in the United States, and that includes Disney World Resort. GOD!!!!!!! I HATE LIBERAL MEDIA!!!

stan4d_steph
11-11-2004, 10:59 AM
For those sensitive viewers, please be aware: this video contains footage of Paul Moyer.

Andrew
11-11-2004, 11:07 AM
For those sensitive viewers, please be aware: this video contains footage of Paul Moyer.
Oh, the humanity!

Emma
11-11-2004, 11:32 AM

:p The posts are funny today!! People keep making me laugh out loud!

mystycalchyk
11-11-2004, 11:50 AM
The thing that annoys me about that is they refuse to say that the kid got UP during the ride and tried to disembark.

Goodness, not that anyone deserves to be paralized, but at least admit that your kid was not in his seat.

SallySkellington
11-11-2004, 12:02 PM
The thing that annoys me about that is they refuse to say that the kid got UP during the ride and tried to disembark.

Permanecer sentados, por favor.

TikiGeek
11-11-2004, 12:07 PM
IMHO, Disney is culpable for the accident(s) on BTMRR. But in the sad case of the RRCS accident – How do you protect children from their parent's (pick one: stupidity, lack of responsibility, apathy, etc.)? :(

Dlandmom
11-11-2004, 12:13 PM
CLASSIC! :D

lisap
11-11-2004, 12:30 PM
I like how they showed a clip of the Mickey and Friends tram as part of the "roller coaster" footage. Whooooohooooooooo! :rolleyes:

PhilMP
11-11-2004, 02:06 PM

As long as Chuck Henry's not in it. He'd probably want to stand up on a ride while on camera to 'simulate' an accident.

Phil

Niwel
11-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Goodness, not that anyone deserves to be paralized, but at least admit that your kid was not in his seat.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw that.
Lets leave out the part about mom sitting inside with two kids on the outside and one of them squirmed around to get out of the seat to reach something he dropped.

DISNEYloon
11-11-2004, 03:17 PM

YES! Then never seem to do that!

SCUBAbe
11-11-2004, 05:55 PM
I thought the exact same thing when I saw that.
Lets leave out the part about mom sitting inside with two kids on the outside and one of them squirmed around to get out of the seat to reach something he dropped.

I explained this to my BF and he thought DL was at fault. He feels a ride should not be designed in a way that a child can fall/climb out. He also feels DL is dangerous becasue the rides are 30 to 50 years old and all the maintenance in the world does not make up for new technology. He feels when they add new technology onto an old ride its' just "jerry rigged" for lack of a btter term. It's not the same as a ride desined to use to from the start. (he's an enginneer...:)) He feels they shoulf tear out the old ridea and bulid them fresh, like they ar doig for space MT. He pointed out thats probbaly why it is being rebuilt because it was no longer safe. I pointed out people don't want the old rides taken out because they are nolstalgic. To which he replied, "then people will be going on unsafe rides." (yes is was quite the debate....)

I can see his point of view, but I still like DL..:)

JTSnowFan
11-11-2004, 06:23 PM
What does he want them to do, throw a shoulder/chest harness on all the rides? I don't understand all of the sense of unsecurity that people feel. I mean, yes, there was an accident last year, but it could have happened anywhere. Do you go to Magic Mountain and feel the same way, even though their rides are 10 times more of a safety issue? I haven't heard this about MM. I think peple make more of a deal out of it because it is Disneyland.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-11-2004, 09:14 PM

I am going back to the website to see if there is a place to complain. If they are going to state the facts they need to state all of them!

Edited to add, I sent them an email complaint. I think we all should!

JTSnowFan
11-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Edited to add, I sent them an email complaint. I think we all should!

Good idea!!

disneyboy7
11-11-2004, 10:36 PM
Jeez, they make it sound like Disney is the number one cause of Theme Park Accidents. Actuality in reality Disney only makes up 2% of all theme park accidents that occure in the United States, and that includes Disney World Resort. GOD!!!!!!! I HATE LIBERAL MEDIA!!!

All media outlets sensationalize their stories and make try to make a local connection. Disneyland is in So Cal and so is Channel 4 news. All American news is biased. Purely factual news would not make the ratings and would not make advertisers money. I consider myself a liberal, but choose to get the "real" story from Jon Stuart and the Daily Show.

Set Martha Stuart Free!

Disneyfreak
11-12-2004, 12:18 AM
I like how they showed a clip of the Mickey and Friends tram as part of the "roller coaster" footage. Whooooohooooooooo! :rolleyes:

Well it is Disney's fault when someone is stupid and gets out of their seat you know. :rolleyes:

Disneyfreak
11-12-2004, 12:20 AM
I explained this to my BF and he thought DL was at fault. He feels a ride should not be designed in a way that a child can fall/climb out. He also feels DL is dangerous becasue the rides are 30 to 50 years old and all the maintenance in the world does not make up for new technology. He feels when they add new technology onto an old ride its' just "jerry rigged" for lack of a btter term. It's not the same as a ride desined to use to from the start. (he's an enginneer...:)) He feels they shoulf tear out the old ridea and bulid them fresh, like they ar doig for space MT. He pointed out thats probbaly why it is being rebuilt because it was no longer safe. I pointed out people don't want the old rides taken out because they are nolstalgic. To which he replied, "then people will be going on unsafe rides." (yes is was quite the debate....)

I can see his point of view, but I still like DL..:)

I have no problem with them tearing the old track out and replacing it with a new one. I do however have a problem with them making a whole new attraction, getting rid of the big thunder name.

BTW send your complaint letter to this email: knbc.news@nbc.com

Wesley815
11-12-2004, 10:27 AM
What does he want them to do, throw a shoulder/chest harness on all the rides? I don't understand all of the sense of unsecurity that people feel. I mean, yes, there was an accident last year, but it could have happened anywhere. Do you go to Magic Mountain and feel the same way, even though their rides are 10 times more of a safety issue? I haven't heard this about MM. I think peple make more of a deal out of it because it is Disneyland.And I'm sure most people coming to Disneyland drive in a car... even though thousands of people die in car crashes each year, compared to one or two total theme park (ride/attraction fault accident) related deaths per year.

JTSnowFan
11-12-2004, 10:30 AM
Exactly!

DLRCM
11-14-2004, 12:10 PM
I agree. This is made more publicized because it is Disney. And you're right. More people die every year in car accidents than in theme parks. Its the truth.