PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Dining Is Offered!

Pages : [1] 2 3

jiminycesq
11-11-2004, 10:12 AM
I have confirmed that Candlelight Dining packages are available for all 4 performance dates. I did not get all the details, but Disneyland dining at 714 781 3463 has them. I do know for Hooks Pointer or Storytellers the minimum per adult is $40, and per child is $15; shows are at 530 and 8 pm; you have to eat and pay before the show and then you get your ticket for seating. In my opinion, it is well worth the money, especialy in this the 50th Christmas holiday season at Disneyland! Oh, by the way, the only "In park" restaurant participating is the Vineyard Room or something like that at DCA - nothing in Disneyland, unfortunately. And, of course, your reservation for dining, and the seat for Candlelight, does not include admission to the Park!

I am thrilled this is being offered again and hope those who relied on earlier reports of its nonavailability will see this and be able to get a reservation. Enjoy!

tink1234
11-11-2004, 10:36 AM
Could you explain what the Candlelight show is? Thank you!!

AVP
11-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Apparently Disney Dining just started offering these packages today, and it was a complete shock to them. FWIW, MousePlanet was told by a Disneyland official that there would not be packages this year, so please don't fault our reporting.

Here are all of the details:

Hooks Pointe: $40 minimum for adults, $15 for kids.
There are 90 tickets available each night at this location.

Storyteller's Cafe: $40 minimum for adults, $15 for kids.
There are 110 tickets available each night at this location.
Note: Since it is extremely difficult to meet the minimum purchase requirement at this location, restaurant management has been instructed that an order of one appetizer, one entree, one beverage and one dessert per person is sufficient to meet the spending requirement, regardless of the total.

Granville's: $50 minimum for adults, $15 for kids.
There are 130 tickets available each night at this location.

Yamabuki: $50 minimum for adults, $15 for kids.
There are 110 tickets available each night at this location.

Napa Rose: $75 for adults, $20 for kids.
There are 40 tickets available each night at this location.
Note: This location is only offering tickets for the 2nd showing each evening.

Vineyard Room: $75 for adults, $20 for kids.
There are 20 tickets available each night at this location.
Note: This location is only offering tickets for the 2nd showing each evening.

You will receive your tickets at the completion of your meal. You should make your reservation such that you leave time to get to Main Street 30 minute prior to your show.

AVP

stan4d_steph
11-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Could you explain what the Candlelight show is? Thank you!! See this thread for more details. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=33445)

jiminycesq
11-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the more detailed info AVP!

Also, just to clarify - I didn't mean to imply any error on MP's part, because I know that things do get communicated as "final" internally - and then change - all the time! But, an earlier message board post, as well as the Disneyland update report, were undoubtedly read by many as the "last word" and I hope those who are interested in going will see these posts on the recent announcement and be able to act in time. The same thing happened to me last year - the castmembers at the Park were quite firm that they either werent being offered, or were all sold out, and that turned out to be not quite the case - again, happily so.

And you are SO right - its very hard to spend $40/person at Storytellers, last year I know several had to take dessert with them just to meet the minimum. However, too much dessert is a minor price for a beautiful, unique and unforgetable evening. See you there!

Disneygirl65
11-11-2004, 11:00 AM
I'm so excited now! I did this last year and it worked out beutifully. I was so disappointed that they were not doing the dinner package this year. Well, thanks to this board, I found out they are and I have my reservations! You all rock! Thank you.

nursemelis374
11-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Two things: I didn't notice Storytellers having appetizers on the menu on this site and second is the 5th a blackout date for anybody?

stan4d_steph
11-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Two things: I didn't notice Storytellers having appetizers on the menu on this site and second is the 5th a blackout date for anybody?Storyteller's does have appetizers. I've had the quesadilla and the corn chowder. Both are very tasty. There's also a field greens salad that is quite delicious.

lisap
11-11-2004, 11:42 AM
Yeah, the last word ain't necessarily so. I'm really glad in this case--I was holding out a little bit of hope they would change the "official position." :) Yea for all of us! We're going to Hook's Point again before the 8pm show.

slydini
11-11-2004, 12:41 PM
got my reservations for Storytellers before the 8:00 show.

itig
11-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Does this happen on December 4th and 5th only, or are there other dates?

stan4d_steph
11-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Does this happen on December 4th and 5th only, or are there other dates?Unfortunately, at DL Candlelight is only one weekend.

itig
11-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Unfortunately, at DL Candlelight is only one weekend.

Man...I've changed my plans so many times and now I'm tempted to do so again. We're planning on heading down for 6 days (7th-12th). I chose the 7th because the park closes at 6:00 on Monday and Tuesday due to the parties. I like to spend as much time there as I can and that shorts me 4 hours over two days :)

What do you all think...is the tradeoff worth it? Should I head down early for the Candlelight show and deal with the park closing early on the 6th and 7th? I know it's very subjective, but would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks all!

Opus1guy
11-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Candlelight Dining Is Offered!

And if there's no candle on the table...you can demand your money back!

lisap
11-11-2004, 02:33 PM
itig,
I have no idea if it will be worth it for you to change to Candlelight weekend. Remember it will be crowded over those two days--I always prefer to go during the week if I have the choice. The C ceremony is very special and awesome, but I don't know if it will knock you out enough to want to change the dates of your whole vacation. Sorry--I know I wasn't much help. :rolleyes:

Missing Marbles
11-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Love this site! I got my reservations at StoryTeller for Sunday at 3:00. Now I am excited!

To itig, If you have never seen the Candlelight Procession, and you are really into Christmas choir performances, this is not to be missed! Though the park will be closing two hours earlier on Monday and Tuesday, it is staying open late on Sunday the 5th till 12:00.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
11-11-2004, 03:01 PM
The tods will be at Hooks Pointe on the 4th. Yay!!!

spectromen
11-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Storytellers Dec 4th at 5:30pm - woo hoo! Thanks as always for posting this valuable information!
The only thing is - I thought Storytellers' dinner was a buffet - do I have it confused with something else?

DISNEYloon
11-11-2004, 03:12 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm confused..........

What exactly are these packages?? I can see it's at a restaurant so food is offered but what's entailed in something like this.

Thanks! ........and sorry for needing more clarification!

lisap
11-11-2004, 03:13 PM
The only thing is - I thought Storytellers' dinner was a buffet - do I have it confused with something else?

There is a buffet, but you can also order from the menu. I don't know how they will work the buffet with the packages--since it's one price for salad, entree and dessert.

Surfingstitch
11-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Is the food at the storyteller good?

lisap
11-11-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm confused..........

What exactly are these packages?? I can see it's at a restaurant so food is offered but what's entailed in something like this.

Thanks! ........and sorry for needing more clarification!

The package includes dinner and guaranteed seating at the Candlelight Ceremony on Main Street, which is a reading of the Christmas Story accompanied by choirs and orchestra.

Surfing stitch--I like Storytellers--but I would say it's the most casual of all the restaurants offered for packages.

DISNEYloon
11-11-2004, 03:18 PM
thanks lisap

Surfingstitch
11-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Thanks.

I wanted to make such that my $40 would be worth it. Anyone else have a recommended place for the dinner that is really good?

cstephens
11-11-2004, 04:17 PM
I find the $75 minimums for both Napa Rose and the Vineyard Room to be curious. The Vineyard Room has a prix fixe, and I think even the 4 course (starter, second course, main course, dessert) is something like $60. I don't normally drink wine, so even if I ordered a soft drink, I still wouldn't make the minimum, unless they counted tax. Similarly, the Vintner's Table at Napa Rose is $65, and without wine but with a soft drink instead, you still wouldn't reach the $75. Ordering the Vintner's Table isn't enough to qualify for the tickets? Weird.