PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice

jenmclions
11-10-2004, 08:10 PM
We heading to DLR from Australia in September 2005 and I was hoping that you could help us out. There are 7 adults and 5 children aged 4-9 in our party. We are planning on getting a 6 day park hopper pass which we will use over our 10 day stay in Anaheim.

My query is this: we thought about using our 6 day pass for four days at DL and the other two days for DCA. I've been to DL in 1995 and 2000 (two of the adults and the five kids haven't been before) but as we have never been to DCA we were wondering if this would be sufficient time to spend in DCA, remembering that it takes more time to see things with a larger group and kids as well as time for breaks. Also what would be the best days of the week (least busiest) to spend in these parks?

Thanks for indulging me, look forward to your replies ;)

LAsptsfan3
11-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Two days should be plenty of time in DCA...crowds should be fairly typical for that time of year so id say try to do DCA on friday or saturday, and DL during the week...Sunday morning is a great time to do DL, get there early and its really quite lovely. DCA is not as time-consuming as DL due to shorter lines and less attractions so depending on whats goin on with DL when your there you might even take just one day with DCA...it all really depends on the group if you like DL, go to DL, if you find you like DCA more, take another day at DCA. DCA can also be a nice way to break up the days like go DL for 2 days then DCA for a day or two then DL for the remainder. enjoy it.

Darkbeer
11-10-2004, 08:46 PM
You might want to compare the price of a six-day ParkHopper to the price of a Deluxe AP, you might be surprised how close they are, depending on the deal you get for the ParkHoppers....

2 days is more than enough to visit DCA, you might be able to get it all done in one day...

I would also look into spending a day at Knott's Berry Farm, its Camp Snoopy area is excellent for the kids 4 thru 9 and kids are just $14.95 each, another fun day would be LEGOLAND in Carlsbad....

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-10-2004, 09:01 PM
I would say that 2 days in DCA will be ample time to see everything. There is not nearly as much to do with children in DCA as there is in DL. The crowds should be farily light, as long as you are not going over Labor Day weekend. The best days would be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Animalia
11-11-2004, 06:21 AM
I've never used a 6 day park hopper pass but I'm assuming it's like the 1 day park hopper in that you can bounce from one park to the other and back again as many times as you want during the day. If so, 6 days is more than enough time to experience both parks since the gates to each are a quick stroll across the esplanade. This makes it nice too should your group want to split up with some wanting to see more of DCA and the others wanting to go to DL. You can designate a place and time to regroup later in either park or perhaps in Downtown Disney.
Have a good time.

itig
11-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Animalia - That's a cool picture you have as your signature - very nice!

sediment
11-11-2004, 08:17 AM
You'll have plenty of time to park-hop to DL after visiting DCA. This isn't WDW, after all.
There shouldn't be an issue with day-of-week crowd tendencies in September. This isn't WDW, after all.
If you do want these issues, you should go to WDW.

MansionMatt
11-11-2004, 08:25 AM
6 days seems like more than plenty of time to do everything...heck to do it twice! especially in september.

i'd recommend spending some time in long beach if you haven't already. the aquarium is supposed to be terrific, and we recently did a pretty neat boat cruise of the pacific in which we saw lots of dolphins and sea lions up close. then again, being from australia, that may be old hat for you! :)

sediment
11-11-2004, 08:51 AM
And shark-petting too! Oh, yeah, that's probably old hat as well.

DISNEYloon
11-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Check out Santa Monica too.........FUN! :)

Wendi
11-11-2004, 09:16 AM
2 days will be enough to see and do everything, but you may find that you want to ride some of the thrill rides again and again, or hit shows that you missed the day before or are only presented on certain days (like Aladdin), in that case you might want to spend extra time there. I have never stuck to one park for an entire day, I hop back and forth from Disneyland to California Adventure several times a day, and always head back into DL at DCA's closing time each evening. Also, you may want to see the Electrical Parade in DCA and then Fireworks in DL in one evening...

Animalia
11-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Animalia - That's a cool picture you have as your signature - very nice!

Thank you Itig.
I took it a couple of Christmas's ago when they had an ice skating rink and tree next to Paradise Bay for the holidays. I had to play with my - at the time - new digital camera.
BTW, your avatar is pretty bouncy, flouncy, trouncy, pouncy, etc., etc., etc. :D The wonderful thing about Tiggers I guess.

jenmclions
11-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Thanks everyone! All your information has been of great help, reinforcing in my mind what I suspected about the time it takes to see DCA from all that I've read and heard.

"If you do want these issues, you should go to WDW." Thanks, but I wasn't looking for these issues I was trying to find out if they were issues! ;) :)

sediment
11-11-2004, 12:48 PM
Thanks everyone! All your information has been of great help, reinforcing in my mind what I suspected about the time it takes to see DCA from all that I've read and heard.

"If you do want these issues, you should go to WDW." Thanks, but I wasn't looking for these issues I was trying to find out if they were issues! ;) :)
I know. Just being a dag.