PDA

View Full Version : Package Express

Ace
12-02-2001, 08:50 AM
When I go, I plan on buying a lot of stuff.... but I don't want to carry it all around.... someone told me about the package express thingy, but I don't know how it works, specifically.... I also heard it gets crowded where you pick your things up... is that true? and if it is, how long does it take to get your stuff?

tabacco
12-02-2001, 10:22 AM
I've never seen the package express pickup window crowded. Basically, the way it works is, you buy something and ask them to use package express. They give you a little receipt that you hold onto. Then, on your way home, swing by the newsstand to the left of the main entrance (for Disneyland) or the window next to guest relations outside the park (for DCA). Show them your receipt, and you've got your packages. It doesn't take very long, either, although you have to allow a couple hours fromt he time of purchase for the packages to actually get there.

AliKzam
12-02-2001, 10:28 AM
I've only done Package Express once, but it was decent. Sure, I'd recommend it.
I got an Autopia license plate frame, and decided to try PE. I just asked if I could have package express on this item, and the lady said sure. She gave me a little form, I think, about the size of a reciept. Sort of like what they give you when you valet park someplace. It has a number on it. The lady behind the counter kept my purchase, I kept my ticket, and the day commenced. At the end of the day I went to the newsstand that's just outside of the gate to the left. There was a small line, because this still isn't a highly popular (read- known about) priviledge of the park. I turned in my ticket, I got my package, I was done.
Package Express is a great feature, and definitely needs to be at the park. I don't usually use it, because the stuff I buy at the park is usually small and doesn't break easily. This Friday, I bought a patch and an antenna ball, so I wouldn't really need Package Express. But if I were to buy a poster from the Disney Gallery, a stuffed animal or five, or a snowglobe, I would use Package Express. Also, I got my stuff at the end of the night, with the rest of the crowds, so Package Express would've been pointless for me.

Gemini Cricket
12-02-2001, 02:19 PM
Package Express is a wonderful Disneyland invention. It's convenient, worry-free and like was stated earlier, there's no wait at the end of the day to get your stuff back. The only thing I do not know is - what if you forget to pick-up something. I don't know how long they hold on to things...

whitetiger
12-02-2001, 02:32 PM
last spring. It was VERY crowded at the end of the day...I had to wait about 20 minutes to pick up a package. The thing that riled me the most is that you have to exit the park to get your package. The package express booth shares space with a souvenir booth on the inside of the park, but they WILL NOT allow you to get your package from the inside of the park, even though the people all work behind the same counter. I found this incredibly irritating.

Gemini Cricket
12-02-2001, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by whitetiger
but they WILL NOT allow you to get your package from the inside of the park, even though the people all work behind the same counter. I found this incredibly irritating.
That is curious. I wonder what kind of security issue could occur if that happened? Unless, they don't want people going in and out of their stuff adding or subtracting items from their bags... This could be confusing and it could be a lot of work going back and forth finding their bags, putting it back etc. Once you leave, you pick it up and go...
Interesting.

mcampisi
12-02-2001, 03:36 PM
I also recall having stuff sent to my room when I was a guest at the Disneyland Hotel. I think they deliver it the next day, so it doesn't help if you wont be staying there the following evening, f I recall.

MammaSilva
12-02-2001, 06:29 PM
someone wondered how long they will hold your things at PE.. they hold them five days then mail them to your home, that is why you have to fill out the form with your home address/ph number...we use PE all the time and "if" the line is huge when we leave we just wait till the next day and grab the stuff at the mid day break....the only time we can't do that is on our very last day of course...and it does take at LEAST two hours after you purchased something and asked for PE for it to get up front... they have a CM that makes "rounds" picking up the packages from the different locations and it takes that long for them to make the round so if you "just" missed the pick up for the store you are in it is another two hours before the next "pickup" but it is so nice to NOT drag all that stuff all over the park :)