PDA

View Full Version : The fried chicken at French Market

pisces
11-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Does anyone know if the fried chicken at French Market is all dark meat?

Do you have your choice of getting all legs, for instance?

And, how many pieces do they serve? Is it like a bucket? Or, just one or two?

I'm assuming it's not all-you-can-eat. Wouldn't that be wonderful.

DisneylandForever
11-10-2004, 05:15 PM
It's not all dark meat. Last time I was there it was A breast and a wing if you asked for white meat, and a drumstick and 2 thighs if you asked for dark meat. I don't know if that's the standard though. It might depend on the server. If they're serving the "6 feet under" then it's 4 drumsticks buried in mashed potatoes. Definitely not all you can eat. But with the 'tatoes it can be pretty filling. And it's great to eat there when live jazz is playing.

mystycalchyk
11-10-2004, 05:17 PM
I've had it...IIRC it was a breast and a wing and then a I think a thighleg combo. It's definitely not 'all-you-can-eat' but it's plenty filling :)

Aimz
11-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Hi. We ate at the French Market on our trip last Sept. and two of us had the fried chicken dinner. There were three pieces of chicken, including a leg, a breast portion and I think a wing or thigh (can't recall that third piece for sure). The meal also came with a salad, french fries and a dinner roll. It was a lot of food, believe me, so I think they made up for it not being all-you-can-eat. I don't know if you could request all legs, but it couldn't hurt to ask if that's what you want. And it wasn't served in a bucket, just on a regular plate.

Hope that helps!

cstephens
11-10-2004, 06:12 PM
If they're serving the "6 feet under" then it's 4 drumsticks buried in mashed potatoes.

FYI, they're not serving that this year.

DisneylandForever
11-10-2004, 07:23 PM
FYI, they're not serving that this year.

:eek:

That sucks!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-10-2004, 08:55 PM
It was a leg and thigh and a breast on Sunday. Came with beans, mashed potatoes and gravy. I added the choclate cake, which was to die for!

rentayenta
11-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Does anyone know if the fried chicken at French Market is all dark meat?

Do you have your choice of getting all legs, for instance?

And, how many pieces do they serve? Is it like a bucket? Or, just one or two?

I'm assuming it's not all-you-can-eat. Wouldn't that be wonderful.

My kiddies love the legs and we have never had a problem getting all legs. All breasts might be a different story.

Baloo
11-11-2004, 03:19 PM
its three pieces and you could ask for substitutes for a minimum charge

AVP
11-11-2004, 03:49 PM
its three pieces and you could ask for substitutes for a minimum chargeThe last time Tony and I ordered this, I got the regular plate and he asked for white meat only.

I got three pieces - breast, leg, thigh. He got two breasts AND paid an extra $2 for the substitution.

AVP