PDA

View Full Version : Best suite hotel?

kkmickey
11-10-2004, 04:01 PM
I have stayed in a few hotels in the area, but next time we go to Disneyland we are going with a few family members, and we will probably get along better if we get a two-bedroom suite. I know that some of the suite hotels are not very nice, so I am hoping for recommendations. I am looking for:
1. A nice hotel
2. with two-bedroom suites
3. close to the park
4. preferably with a full buffet breakfast :)
5. with a shuttle that doesn't make a ton of stops.

Am I asking too much?

Thanks for your help!

Wendi
11-10-2004, 06:34 PM
My recommendation is Staybridge Suites. The rooms are huge! It's basically a 2-BR apartment with full kitchen, etc. Sleeps 8 people comfortably, you can possibly sneak in more with sleeping bags too! shhhhh The staff is very, very nice, the hotel is very nice. It is nearly a mile away though, which means you do rely on the shuttle... I don't remember many stops, maybe two others??? The breakfast buffets are huge, NOT continental, you can even make PB&J sandwiches for lunch later!!! They also have receptions every evening with hors d'euvres and drinks (beer & wine included!) and twice a week they have BBQ'd burgers & dogs near the pool with sides and all the fixins (and more drinks!) The ONLY downside was that you will rely on the shuttle or a car since it's not within walking distance, so if you want to stay in DTD for dinner after park closing, you'll have to take cabs back to the hotel... I highly recommend this place and would definitely stay there again.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-10-2004, 09:04 PM
We have stayed at Dolphin's Cove Resort a few times in the past. It is an apartment complex that has been turned in to time shares, but anyone can stay there. It is not really within walking distance, although if you miss the last shuttle, as we did once, then you can walk it. It has a complete kitchen, they have a nice breakfast and there is a shuttle. The price was reasonable too. We got a 2 bedroom for $110 a night, that was in 2002.

MouseWife
11-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Those two places sound really nice. I've never stayed there and I will look them up for me, too!

But, onto where I have stayed.

The Embassy Suites in Garden Grove. Pretty much what you've asked for. We've stayed in a two room suite~one room with two double beds and in the living room a pull out. It has a nice spacious bathroom, microwave, sink, small fridge, and dining table. T.V. in each room. They have a full cooked to order breakfast and managers' receptions in the evening.

It has a shuttle with out a ridiculous amount of stops. I think it is second on the stops from Disneyland. Very nice service, nice driver named 'Spider'.

Again, same deal with the shuttle stopping at a certain time, too far to walk.

sdfilmcritic
11-10-2004, 11:06 PM
I really enjoyed Embassy Suites.

biolabetty
11-11-2004, 12:14 AM
We've stayed at both Embassy Suites and Residence Inn in Garden Grove. Embassy Suites had a nicer lobby and breakfast, but the room was not large enough for our family of 6, double beds aren't that big. I preferred the 2 bedroom suite we had at the Residence Inn. One bedroom had a king size bed, the other bedroom had 2 queen size beds, each room had their own bathroom and tv. The living room in between the 2 rooms had a couch that pulled out and our 2 little ones stayed there, while our teens took the 2 bed room. There was a nice kitchen which we didn't get to use. Breakfast was nothing special (I didn't go, my husband went, he much preferred breakfast at Embassy Suites). There was a free shuttle that was shared with several other hotels, but the wait wasn't horrible, you caught it at the hotel behind the pool area.

The lobby area was very plain, and the check-in wait was long, but the room was very nice. It all depends on what you want. So far, I have yet to find the perfect blend of large enough room, beds, and great breakfast.

Kitsune_SD
11-11-2004, 01:31 AM
Although I have no Disney experience with it, I also love Embassy Suites. The breakfast buffet is excellent, the rooms are beautiful and the staff is very pleasant and helpful.

All of my ES stays have been in Santa Ana for work-related travel - so I can not specifically comment on the Garden Grove ES - but I believe that the level of service and facilities is equal throught the chain.

MouseWife
11-11-2004, 08:12 AM
I have to agree with the beds becoming an issue with us. As the kids get bigger, the beds get smaller! LOL The last time we stayed there WE had to get the bed in the living room. But, everyone loved it. I am getting some other good ideas here, though. :)

The Garden Grove ES is a pretty new location. We've stayed at ES in a few different locations in So.Ca and I do love the convience of the breakfast in the morning and the rooms with the door that SHUTS off the kids when I want a break.

We've stayed at the one in Buena Park. Close to Knott's. It is an older ES but I really like the decor there. It is a smaller building, only 3 {maybe 4} stories. Open patio. They have bbq's outside some of the first floor rooms. Walking distance to the Wax Museum and Ripley's Believe it or Not.

Oh yeah, the Garden Grove ES has a nice workout room, with their pool outside. The BP one does not have a workout room {from my last visit anyways}, their pool is outside but I believe they have a nice computer room.

Brian Noble
11-11-2004, 08:55 AM
We can recommend the Residence Inn/GG. We have younger kids, and stayed in a kids suite. Private king BR for parents. Separate (but not private from LR) space for kids' bunk beds. Shuttle is good, but we aren't shuttle people (I'd rather drive, even if it takes the same amount of time---the $9 is worth the convience of being on my schedule, even with the every-half-hour-all-day shuttle at RI/GG). All in all, the room layout is much more convenient for a family with young kids than ES is. The RI breakfast isn't as good as an ES one---the usual plus fresh waffles and scrambled eggs, but no freshly-made eggs, nor meat as you would have at an Embassy.

The fully equipped kitchen is nice for us, too, even though we don't use it more than three or four times in a week's stay.

tbthomps
11-30-2004, 07:41 PM
We've stayed at both Embassy Suites

Just Curious...

Is there an Embassy Suites near DL??

biolabetty
11-30-2004, 10:41 PM
There is an Embassy Suites in Garden Grove on Harbor Blvd. It is definitely not walking distance, but the ART shuttle does go there. It is probably 1.5 miles(I'm guessing) from Disneyland, but it was a nice place to stay.