PDA

View Full Version : The place to view the candlelight procession from

paulca
11-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Where is the best place to view the candlelight Procession from in the Park!! How early would I have to arrive to save a seat?

11-11-2004, 05:00 AM
C'mon MousePadders! You know this one ...

lisap
11-11-2004, 05:48 AM
I don't know, truly.

Since they are not offering dinner packages this year, I have a feeling that crowds who want to jockey for a seat to try and view the ceremony are going to be pretty big. It all comes down to how determined you are. Get there early and find someone to relay sit with you, or just take your chances and stand at the back.

sediment
11-11-2004, 08:07 AM
I don't think seating is available to the commoners. A recent update said the seating was for Club 33 members.
Never seen candlelight procession. I'd go early and stake out a standing site as close to the seats as possible.

Maus
11-11-2004, 07:12 PM
I haven't been in a couple of years. The last time we went and the processional went down Main Street we stood at the back of the crowd in front of the Emporium. No one was sitting (other than those in the folding chairs down in front). AVP mentioned in her report last year that they opened up those seats still available just before the performance. I imagine they'll do the same this year. If you stake out a place on Main Street you can watch all the choirs process to Town Square. We could see most of the Tree Choir (CMs), we could see the narrator (but couldn't make out who she was), and we could see the trumpets but the main thing is that we could hear everything perfectly. We love this show so it didn't matter that we couldn't see everything--there's really nothing to see except the bell choir and the narrator anyway--we were enchanted by the story and the music. We plan to be there on December 5 this year so that we can hear the show once again.

You might want to read AVP's review from last year:Disneyland's Candlelight Processional & Ceremony 2003 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm031216avp.htm)