PDA

View Full Version : My trip report 10/31 - 11/4...

LoveDL
11-09-2004, 08:35 PM
We stayed at the Anaheim Marriot Suites, we had reserved a "family suite", we were not happy, it was way too small for the 6 of us. For $20 more a night we were upgraded to the biggest suite, which worked well, but still only had one bathroom. The ART was punctual, and it was just a short 10 minute ride to the park. The only thing we didn't like about the shuttle was the last one was at 830pm. We like to stay until they kick you out, it is great to have main street almost all to yourself! We have always stayed at the DLH, in a suite with the concierge service, of course the set up this year was nothing like the past, but for quite a bit less money it made up for it. DH and I took notice of all the close places to stay within walking distance as we rode the ART.

Our first day was Halloween, which is DH bday, the kids and I surprised him with a Disney bday party at the Plaza Inn. It was alot of fun and the family picture we were able to get with Mickey and Minnie was to us worth the $10 per person. It is hard to get those 2 together and the whole family! :D

The weather on Monday was windy, but still warm. We went on the Sun Wheel and when we were on the top it was SO windy. Made me think of the Sun Wheel thread awhile ago, I don't like that ride either! And we were on the non-rocking cages. It was amusing listening to all the screaming going on around us in the swinging cages.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ToT!!!! That is my favorite ride out of both parks. Dh came off the ride sweaty and vowed to never go on it again. The kids were ok with it, not too sure, but I did get 2 of them to re-ride it again several times. Also got DH on again, I told him we needed a family picture on that ride since we have all the other pics of the different rides. He again came off sweaty, just not his ride.

Tommorroland was THE land to be in way back when, and we both felt saddened that there really was nothing going on over there! It will be nice when Space, Subs and the Buzz ride open so the land will not be so desolate.

The castle is beautiful, the walkway was opened the second day we were there. I enjoyed finding the "Country Bear Jamboree" heads in the Pooh ride, thanks to reading threads here :) . Couldn't spot "bones" in Indy, did the "goat trick" on BTMRR. Dh and the kids enjoy Innoventions, I don't, so when they went in, I had some alone time to just sit in front of the castle and people watch. That was SO enjoyable!

We ate breakfast at the hotel, snacked at mid day, then usually had a late lunch/early dinner. Monday we did not plan so well, and when we tried to eat dinner at about 630pm alot of the places were closed. We ended up at the Stagedoor, and we really didn't want burgers. So doing the early dinners really worked well, and most places were still open.

One of the things we do with the kids several months before DL, is we give them a couple bucks here and there, so by the time DL comes around they have their own stash of money to buy what they want. Yes, it really is our money, but it doesn't feel like we are spending so much money when the money is saved over time.

Well this post is getting long, thanks for reading! :)
Dawn, planning next trip same time next year!!!!

rentayenta
11-10-2004, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the great report. We are doing a surprise birthday party at The Plaza Inn also; it's nice to hear that it's fun and worth the money.

Have fun planning!

stan4d_steph
11-10-2004, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear that MousePad provided you with a few useful tips and tricks. :)

Earkid
11-10-2004, 05:32 PM
I just love reading these trip reports. Gets me more excited waiting for my trip.

Hakuna Makarla
11-10-2004, 05:48 PM
very nice trip report! what a wonderful time you had! how about letting us see that pic of tot ?:D

Wendi
11-10-2004, 06:43 PM
Sounds like a great trip, we were there October 31 - November 5, it was a GREAT week!!! Sorry your hotel didn't meet expectations. I am planning to go back at the same time every year now because it was so perfect!