PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth $26 a night more?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-09-2004, 05:02 PM
I was just looking at the Disney hotels for our trip in early February and the DH is $26 more than the PP. Would it be worth the $104, we will be staying 4 nights to book DH? I will of course watch the AP rates for that time period. We may just stay at HoJos again but I am looking at other options too. TIA!

SallySkellington
11-09-2004, 05:08 PM
I wouldn't think it's worth it. I don't see any difference between the two hotels.

Photographer
11-09-2004, 05:10 PM
In my opinion, you're better off at PP. But then again I'm not a big fan of DH just because I found the PP more comfortable and better suited to my taste.

MrsG
11-09-2004, 05:11 PM
I think it is just a matter of opinion. We've only stayed at PPH once, and we won't go back, so the extra for DLH is how I would go.

derraj25
11-09-2004, 05:12 PM
In my opinion, you're better off at PP. But then again I'm not a big fan of DH just because I found the PP more comfortable and better suited to my taste.
Here, Here. I couldn't agree more!

d2

munchkinsmom0003
11-09-2004, 05:37 PM
I think it is just a matter of opinion. We've only stayed at PPH once, and we won't go back, so the extra for DLH is how I would go.

ITA with the above quote. If you're trying to decide between the DLH and the PPH, then I'd go for the DLH. DLH has you closer to all the action, if what you're looking for is the total DL experience. We stayed at PPH and while it had the DL theme in the lobby, the toiletries (i.e, soaps) and a view of DCA (if you're lucky), the hotel was unremarkable to me. And now w/ the closure of the private entrance to DCA, the walk to all the attractions is longer than DLH. Personally, I'd stay at the HOJO over PPH, but that's JMHO. :)

calguy77
11-09-2004, 05:45 PM
I love DLH, The pool is great, themed so well. The Out Bar, Wine Cellar and Croc and Bites, is where we are haning out when not in the park. I also love how the windows slide open and it feel like you are sleeping outdoors. DLH is the original and the best

rentayenta
11-09-2004, 06:23 PM
I don't know but I will have a very detailed report from our trip this Dec. We are staying at the DLH.

kohl
11-09-2004, 06:33 PM
We have stayed at both Hotels. PP was great, but DLH just feels more like Disneyland to us. We are staying at GC this November (our favorite), but in January we are staying at PP because we got such great AP rates. I think you should try each hotel once to see which you like better.

lisap
11-09-2004, 07:18 PM
We have stayed at both Hotels. PP was great, but DLH just feels more like Disneyland to us. We are staying at GC this November (our favorite), but in January we are staying at PP because we got such great AP rates. I think you should try each hotel once to see which you like better.

Wow, I agree with every single word in this. :)

The rate difference is small enough that you can feel okay with either choice. For me--I would only change if you could get the rate for the DH Sierra Tower, park view.

BQ2
11-10-2004, 05:32 AM
We think DH Sierra Tower, park view is the best, hands down. Besides that, all the rooms at DL just look and feel more like Disneyland. And they are closer too!

rentayenta
11-10-2004, 05:52 AM
Wow, I agree with every single word in this. :)

The rate difference is small enough that you can feel okay with either choice. For me--I would only change if you could get the rate for the DH Sierra Tower, park view.

lisa, do you know what is the lowest floor with a park view? Did that make sense? ;)

Surfingstitch
11-10-2004, 08:07 AM

I stayed at PP once too. I didn't really like the place very much. I even got the cm discount. On the other hand, I would shell out the bucks for GCH.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the opinions. Should I book now and then try for a great AP discount in late January?
I can't justify GCH this time, but am planning on it next fall for sure.

got2travel
11-10-2004, 02:19 PM
If your are booking through Disney, then book now. If AP rates come out, you can just switch to the lower rate. But at least you'll know you have a room. Any other source and you might be facing cancellation fees.

And just to add my 2 cents, I prefer DH over PPH. But of course GC is my ultimate fav, just can't splurge that often.

itig
11-10-2004, 02:26 PM
We think DH Sierra Tower, park view is the best, hands down. Besides that, all the rooms at DL just look and feel more like Disneyland. And they are closer too!

I'm booked for January at DH in a pool view room. Is that a bad choice? This is my first time at the DH, so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

kohl
11-10-2004, 04:20 PM
The January AP rates have been out for awhile. We booked it at least a month ago. The rates for January are less than the November rates we got.
I would call ASAP to see if they still have any.

BQ2
11-10-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm booked for January at DH in a pool view room. Is that a bad choice? This is my first time at the DH, so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The pool view is great! We are staying at the DL in Mid Dec. We went for a pool view, lower floors. In Jan. we are going for the park view, upper floors. You have to get on above the 6th floor to see past the palm trees :cool: BQ

lisap
11-10-2004, 06:39 PM
lisa, do you know what is the lowest floor with a park view? Did that make sense? ;)

I think BQ2 just answered this in the above post. Thanks--I didn't know you had to get that far up for a good park view. I guess we've been lucky. :)

CoasterChickie
11-10-2004, 06:49 PM
They are both great hotels. Some of the things going for PPH are...cute room decor, cute lobby, PCH grill, Yamabuki, fun arcade and kids video room, wading pool and water slide, cheaper price. What's good about the DLH...big rooms and bathrooms, big lobby , many stores and restaurants to choose from , great pools, water show at night, closer to the monorail and park entrances. It just depends on what you like best. BQ2 is right about needing to be at the 6th floor or higher. I don't know what the pool view is like but I'm sure it's pretty. Personally, I like the DLH better, but I'm always happy when I stay at either especially if I get a really good rate.

itig
11-11-2004, 08:10 AM
The pool view is great! We are staying at the DL in Mid Dec. We went for a pool view, lower floors. In Jan. we are going for the park view, upper floors. You have to get on above the 6th floor to see past the palm trees :cool: BQ

Thanks for the response! I chose pool view, lower floor. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in October and the waiting for the elevator was awful. I'm hoping it's better at DH. Hope you have a great trip!