PDA

View Full Version : Dinner at Club 33 (help!)

SJSman
11-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Hi everyone,

On Jan 1, my girlfriend and I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary. Ever since we started seeing each other almost 2 years ago, Disneyland has held a special place in our hearts. We love it there and always have the best times-- We're obsessed with theme parks.

Anyway, I was beginning to plan our night for new years eve. After running some ideas through my head, I thought nothing would be more perfect than a day and night at the DLR. Then I fleshed some things out and realized that dinner at Club 33 would be the perfect place to make the night romantic as ever (Im a hopeless romantic at heart).

How would I go about getting a reservation at Club 33? I know its not easy, but Id do ANYTHING to have dinner there on Dec 31st or Jan 1st. Please offer any suggestions/ideas/help.

Thank you so much everyone,
Stephen

sediment
11-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Step 1: Know somebody with membership.
Step 2: Ask them nicely.

stan4d_steph
11-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Step 1: Know somebody with membership.
Step 2: Ask them nicely.What he said.

sediment
11-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Also, if you don't know anyone personally, you can check eBay. Some upstanding members will auction off admission to Club 33 to the highest bidder, with the proceeds going to their favorite charity.
You said you'd do anything. Now's your chance to go broke over a dinner that may or may not be any better than Napa Rose or The Vinyard Room.

My personal take: you have plenty of time in your life to eventually get into Club 33.

Earkid
11-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Regarding using ebay to purchase a trip to Club 33 I must add that you should email the seller before you bid to make sure the date you are wanting to go is available. Most of the time you have to be flexible with your plans, and it's getting awfully close to New Year's Eve.

Good luck

DISNEYloon
11-09-2004, 03:54 PM
Personally, I'd save the Club 33 admission for when you 'pop the question' ...... just my .02

calguy77
11-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Put your name on the wait list.

SoCalSteven
11-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Put your name on the wait list.
It's 5 years long right now according to City Hall.

cstephens
11-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Also, if you don't know anyone personally, you can check eBay. Some upstanding members will auction off admission to Club 33 to the highest bidder, with the proceeds going to their favorite charity.

I'd be careful with ebay bids. Very recently, someone posted on another board that they bought such a thing, only to discover that it's a scam. Apparently, a number of other people were caught in this as well, and the seller has taken the money and vanished.

SoCalSteven
11-10-2004, 05:10 AM
I'd be careful with ebay bids. Very recently, someone posted on another board that they bought such a thing, only to discover that it's a scam. Apparently, a number of other people were caught in this as well, and the seller has taken the money and vanished.
I saw the same thing, and I thought it was that Club 33 wasn't honoring such reservations at the moment (new management I heard). The money is supposed to go to a charity.

sediment
11-10-2004, 07:28 AM
I'd did note "upstanding members." Buyer must verify membership somehow.

Opus1guy
11-10-2004, 03:10 PM
New Year's Eve is a Members Only event night at Club 33.

It's very expensive (usually $300-$400 per person) and even Members have a small limit on how many Guests they can have in their party this one night.

It's sells out about 10 minutes after they begin accepting reservations (date and time of the gunshot start to that reservation phone race, is announced by letter to the Members).

It's worth every penny. The decorations are fantastic. They set up a Jazz Trio and singer in Lounge Alley and there is dancing. The management usually clears out odd-lot remaining bottles of the good stuff from the cellars this night. All included in the price. It's a tremendously fun and magical evening! And it can get fairly wild. The Members (many are friends or are familiar with each other) really know how to party. I've seen some pretty funny stuff out on the balconies that night that truly completes the New Orleans theme! ;)

Wish my Member friend would go to this more often so that my lady and I could tag along more often!

Anyway...so getting in that night is going to be a tough one.

awinner
11-10-2004, 09:15 PM
New Year's Eve is a Members Only event night at Club 33.

It's very expensive (usually $300-$400 per person) and even Members have a small limit on how many Guests they can have in their party this one night.

It's sells out about 10 minutes after they begin accepting reservations (date and time of the gunshot start to that reservation phone race, is announced by letter to the Members).

It's worth every penny. The decorations are fantastic. They set up a Jazz Trio and singer in Lounge Alley and there is dancing. The management usually clears out odd-lot remaining bottles of the good stuff from the cellars this night. All included in the price. It's a tremendously fun and magical evening! And it can get fairly wild. The Members (many are friends or are familiar with each other) really know how to party. I've seen some pretty funny stuff out on the balconies that night that truly completes the New Orleans theme! ;)

Wish my Member friend would go to this more often so that my lady and I could tag along more often!

Anyway...so getting in that night is going to be a tough one.

I was there last New Years and I saw none of this..no band, no dancing, in fact it was pretty quiet as you can see here (http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4df22b3127cce850eddd6c1510000003613) ...dinner was about 80-11 per person, depending on how many courses you wanted. The wife and I will be going again this year, the last reservation they are taking this year for dinner is 8:30, We have a reservation for 7pm, but are flagged to get a later reservation. Hopefully it will be a little more lively this year.

Opus1guy
11-10-2004, 09:39 PM
I was there last New Years and I saw none of this..no band, no dancing, in fact it was pretty quiet as you can see here ...dinner was about 80-11 per person, depending on how many courses you wanted. The wife and I will be going again this year, the last reservation they are taking this year for dinner is 8:30, We have a reservation for 7pm, but are flagged to get a later reservation. Hopefully it will be a little more lively this year.

Wow! That's very sad to hear. I've been to about 10 NYEs at the Club but the last one was about 4 years ago. Back then the parties stretched to 2 or 3 in the morning! Even the Club staff joined in the dancing and merriment just before kicking everyone out.

Maybe all that fun caused Disneyland to tell the Club to knock it down a notch?

Hope you have more fun this year than last! Already have plans back East on New Years, so I won't see you there. :(