PDA

View Full Version : Desert Palms Hotel and Suites

missuniverse78
11-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Anyone ever stay at the Desert Palms Hotel and Suites? I was thinking of staying there for my next trip. I can't seem to find any reviews for it on this site.

the mad hatter
11-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Tripadvisor.com has a wealth of hotel reviews and whatnot. i would look into the tropicanna inn and suites. i stayed there in may and it was perfect. clean, nice staff, within spitting distance of the park.

5150-4-Disney
11-12-2004, 08:20 AM
We stayed there in March of 2004. Our room was a bit on the dirty side, and the whole place seemed a bit dingy. And the parking was so limited, we had to park across the street at the Jolley Roger. On the other hand, they were in the middle of a big renovation, so maybe that was part of it. It's also a loooong walk to the front gate.

On the plus side: We chose it 'cause they had a great deal at $49 a night. When we left, one of our kids left something in the room. We called the front desk the next and asked them to look for it, and they shipped it to us UPS in a couple of days, so that was pretty good customer service. However, we'd likely never stay there again.

Pay the extra few bucks and stay at the Park Place Inn. They are offering $69 a night at their site, and we've always found it clean and reliable, and it's right across the street. (We're have our ressies there in 2 weeks!)

tod
11-12-2004, 09:14 AM
It's okay. Certainly pleasant enough, if a bit soulless. Our room seemed like a transistorized version of a suite at the Venetian hotel in Las Vegas, with a view of the 7-Eleven at Katella and Harbor. But quite quiet.

It's close to DCA as the crow flies, but as the tourist walks it's a frustratingly long walk either up Harbor or down Katella from the Katella pedestrian exit.

The "Breakfast buffet" brought out the worst antisocial tendencies in everybody, including The tod Family, who spent a lot of time scowling at a group that had commandeered several tables and their chairs to make one big communal table, leaving us with one table for two here, and another table for two (with only one chair) way over there.

Recommendation: Neutral. Nothing wrong with the place, but nothing to recommend it either.

--t