PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Restaurant?

Pages : [1] 2

JosieGirl71
11-09-2004, 10:07 AM
What is your favorite restaurant/eating establishment on DLR property and why?

slydini
11-09-2004, 10:19 AM
My favorite would have to be Goofy's Kitchen. It has a very good variety and great character interaction.

11-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Whitewater Snacks at the Grand Californian Hotel. The food and prices are much better than I expected but the atmosphere is perfect!

Pammer
11-09-2004, 10:28 AM
DLP: Rancho del Zocalo ~ we love their BBQ beef sandwiches!

DCA: Taste Pilot's Grill ~ love the cheddar burger combo and chocolate milkshakes!

(Oh great, now I'm hungry...time for lunch!) ;)

Susan L
11-09-2004, 10:30 AM
My favorite would have to be Goofy's Kitchen. It has a very good variety and great character interaction.

I would have to agree on that one. It was pricy but, its also an all you can eat buffet, which came in handy with a 12, 16, and 17 yr old. The kids also really got into the atmosphere of the place, which I wasn't to sure if they would or not, you never know with teenagers. It was a lot of fun. We did breakfast and dinner there on our last visit.

DISNEYloon
11-09-2004, 10:44 AM

Where is that......DLH?

Is it me is anyone else here unhappy with the food at DL? I think it's getting better, I remember going a few years ago and all you could get was a hamburger or a hotdog and various places through-out the park.

We're going in 51 days (nope, not counting) :D and am looking forward to checking out Ariel's Grotto for dinner one early afternoon and perhaps the Blue Bayou - I haven't eaten there in 14 years - has it gotten better?

When we stayed at the GCH last year, we ate there, great food but you know $$$ but I guess you expect that at a Resort Hotel.

rentayenta
11-09-2004, 10:51 AM
This is tough. This is like asking me "which of my children is my favorite?". ;)

Dlandmom
11-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Is it me is anyone else here unhappy with the food at DL? I think it's getting better, I remember going a few years ago and all you could get was a hamburger or a hotdog and various places through-out the park.

I think it has definitely gotten better in the last 10 years. It used to be just amusement park fare, but now there are so many varieties and price levels. Personally, I really enjoy Storytellers, but I haven't been to many of the others (like Napa Rose, Wine Country Trattoria, etc.), so I can't really compare. I used to really like Blue Bayou, but I was disappointed on my last trip a few months ago. Taste Pilot's Grill is pretty good...the rib meat really falls off the bone. The sauce is pretty good, too!

mystycalchyk
11-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Hmm Im going to have to break it down a bit.

Favorite place to eat and people watch?
Carnation Cafe' for breakfast on Main street

Favorite place to fill up in the park, if Im really hungry?
Rancho de Zocala (mmmm nachos)

Favorite place for nothing but the atmosphere?
Blue Bayou on the water, looking for shooting stars

Favorite place to spend some cash?
Yamabuki fro some sushi

Favorite place in DCA for a snack?
mmm corn dog castle baby

Photographer
11-09-2004, 11:34 AM
The Vineyard Room although I don't forsee being able to afford it again.

Wendi
Yamabuki is now my favorite.

I also love Storyteller's Cafe and Blue Bayou. Whitewater Snacks is great for budget friendly meals!!!

I find that most of the meals in the park are pretty expensive anyway, so I might as well go to the nicer places, get better food, and only spend maybe $3-4 more for my meal...

VickiC
We find ourselves at La Brea Bakery most often for lunch or brunch. The quality can't be beat and I really enjoy table service at lounch time. It's very relaxing to sit there and have someone else fill your lemonade while you munch on gobs of bread and butter. I've found the table service inside the parks to be somewhat lacking in quality. Also we almost always do DL in the morning and DCA in the afternoon so LBB is not far out of the way.

slydini
11-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Where is that......DLH?
Yup

11-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Forgive me if I'm repeating someone else's post but Redd Rocket's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland serves a chicken fusilli that is both delicious and generous. My two teen girls and I shared a portion and it was plenty for us.

adriennek
11-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Pizza Port, Zocalo, and Whitewater are great places when we take our family to the park.

But

No question.

Favorite.

Napa Rose.

Price range isn't the easiest on our budget. We get there infrequently. But the wait is well worth it for me and my husband to enjoy a wonderful adult meal together.

Adrienne

CarlieB
11-09-2004, 12:22 PM
In DL:

~ Carnation Cafe for breakfast & vanilla lattes & people watching.
~ Rancho del Zocalo for lunch
~ Gibson Girl for dessert
~ Blue Bayou for atmosphere & fun

In DCA - not sure yet. We haven't eaten there a lot. We'll try a few places in December, no doubt:D

In DTD:

~ Uva/Catal - yummy food and good drinks

lisap
11-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Favorite casual: Whitewater, Zocalo, Pizza Port-in that order.

Family dining but more pricey--Ariel's Grotto, Storytellers breakfast

Just the two of us--Hook's Point, Catal.

Super special--Napa Rose (only been there once--totally awesome)

Want to try, heard good things about--Vinyard Room.

Dessert--Burrbank Ice Cream. Steamin' Chocolate, baby.

sediment
11-09-2004, 12:28 PM
Plaza Inn. Quick, voluminous, and yummy.

DISNEYloon
11-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Anyone have 'easy' access to the Blue Bayou menu - if so, if you could post it I will be EARternly greatful :fez:

MrsG
11-09-2004, 04:32 PM
For burgers: Hungry Bear
Main Street atmosphere, people watching: Carnation Cafe
Breakfast: RiverBelle Terrace
Hot dogs: Award Weiners (tried the corn dogs and got the worst upset stomach ache! They were tasty but not worth the pain!)

Earkid
11-09-2004, 04:33 PM
DH and I have a ritual.....we drive down to DL from PHX, about 5-6 hrs. Check into hotel, rest for about an hour and then hit the park. Momorail to TL and Redd Rocket's first thing. We always share an order of the Chicken Fucilli pasta and we are just barely able to finish it. DH is a big dude and eats a lot so that makes this meal one of the cheapest around.

Then for lunch on day two it is always a corn dog from the Red Wagon on Mail Street.

We also enjoy the Fish and chips at Ariel's Grotto. Have never tried any of the desserts since I'm always too full.

kisroo
11-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Our faves (sorry, I can't choose just one~it depends on the mood and meal):
*Blue Bayou for romance and atmosphere~love the sights, sounds, smells.
*Carnation Cafe for relaxed, people watching lunch
*Corn dogs from the Little Red Wagon on Main St. for grease filled "I don't care about my diet" dinner
*A big, healthy salad at Redd's Rocket to make up for the corn dog ;)
Oddly enough, we've only tried The Vineyard and the Pacific Wharf Cafe in DCA. Both were great.

At the hotels:
*Goofy's for bfast
*Whitewater Snacks for lunch
*Room service from Storyteller's in our GCH room for dinner/dessert (the burger and the brownie to be exact)~expensive as all get out, but worth it!

~Boy, am I stuffed now! ;)

SoCalSteven
11-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Inside Disneyland: Blue Bayou
Inside California Adventure: Taste Pilot's Grill
In the Hotels: Yamabuki and White Water Snacks (Tied)

Still need to try the Vineyard Room, Napa Rose, and Club 33 though. ;)

Wendi
11-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Anyone have 'easy' access to the Blue Bayou menu - if so, if you could post it I will be EARternly greatful :fez:

http://www.mouseinfo.com/disneylandresort/disneyland/neworleans/dining/bbayou.php

This is a bit old, but we were just there last week and it looks to be the same. They sometimes have a special too, when we were there they had a seafood plate, salmon, shrimp and something else... can't remember.

SCUBAbe
11-09-2004, 08:20 PM
pacific warf & french market