PDA

View Full Version : The voice of HMH = the voice of Old Navy?

Pages : [1] 2

jrsharp21
11-08-2004, 09:10 PM
I was in Old Navy on Sunday evening and while browsing the store a commercial for the store came over the speaker system. The voice sounded strangely familure to me. After about a minut pondering it, it dawned on me that this was the voice of the narrator from the Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Has anyone else heard this? Can anyone confirm it?

Chris Lang
11-08-2004, 10:39 PM
I was in Old Navy on Sunday evening and while browsing the store a commercial for the store came over the speaker system. The voice sounded strangely familure to me. After about a minut pondering it, it dawned on me that this was the voice of the narrator from the Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Has anyone else heard this? Can anyone confirm it?

Yes, the announcer for Old Navy is Corey Burton who also does the Ghost Host for Haunted Mansion Holiday. You can also hear him around the park at the following locations:

Mickey and Friends Tram (recorded spiel)
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (lobby spiel)
Main Street Lockers (recorded spiel)
Fantasyland - Peter Pan's Flight (Captain Hook, Mr. Smee)
Fantasmic! (Captain Hook, Mr. Smee)
Haunted Mansion Holiday (Queue and narration)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (Magistrate, "Guilty!")

Visit his website at www.coreyburton.com

Germboy
11-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Corey's a great guy. I ran across his website a few years ago just by accident. When I read about him being the voice for the Disneyland trams, I almost fell over. What a coincidence! He's very personable and always writes back.

You didn't mention that he is also the voice on the 40's radio station in the Indy line. He also does work for WDW and Tokyo Disneyland, and you'll often hear his voice doing TV announcements ("This is NBC.") or on the radio. He's good at disguising his voice, so you often can't quite tell if it is him or not.

Chris Lang
11-08-2004, 11:04 PM
And I also forgot to mention his voice work for "Alice in Wonderland" (Tweedle Dee/Dum). I'm sure there's more I'm missing, too.

Opus1guy
11-09-2004, 12:19 AM
You do all know that Corey is doing an straight imitation of Paul Frees (the voice of the original Ghost Host in the regular Haunted Mansion attraction) in Haunted Mansion Holiday?

He really nails it. I remember Steve Davidson (HMH Show Producer) telling me he got goosebumps when he first heard Corey "do" Paul perfectly.

Christiii
11-09-2004, 08:09 AM
well I went to his websaite and couldnt find a pic of him....when I was at DL about a month ago..I decided to ride Indy on Sat nite....I was there with my mom and she hates it..so I have to go alooooone...fun :rolleyes: It was almost a walk on, but I wasright behind this group of I think three guys and a girl, maybe two couples..not sure. Anyhoo..one of the guys, early fifties, kind of big and barrely guy..was so loud and obnoxious that I couldnt believe it. I was right behind them, and alone, so I was really hoping he wouldnt notice lil me..He was going thru the line, and yelling all these stupid things, making all the gizmos work, and then having to explain them allto other people there. A big noisy showoff type..so in the line Im PRAYING not to go in their jeep..so Voila!! I have to sait right behind him and next to the lady they were with. Im just sitting there like a dork, alooooone, during the seatbelt check(which took forever cause he couldnt get it right)...and he is still yelling and carrying on..I finally turned to her and said "my, it must be exhausting haingin out with him!", she said, oh he is very famous.."He is The Voice of Disney", whatever the heck that means. When he was yelling and stuff, it was not like he was drunk really, ore like he owned the place, like a big obnoxious football player after a big game or something. He screamed and yelled thru the WHOLE ride..even the quiet parts..and almost jumped out of the jeep yelling [deleted] you and standing up and trying to grab at the snake..good times!!
After the ride, I had to walk out right behind them..just us of course...me and my fun new friends...he just kept ranting and going on and showing all the tricks in the line to everyone going the other way..telling complete strangers. to pull this or hit that and then yelling when they did.
His friends all just followed along, looking at him like he is Jim Carrey or something..it was just the funniest scene because they all looked like they should be playing Pebble Beach, but they were acting like they were at a wrestling match.
Im all for being a dork at DL, but these guys were just awful to be around...Im just glad there were no kids in our car ( Im sure he wasnt aware either way) when he was screaming [deleted] you to the snake..I mean it was LOUD and unmistakable...
and that, my friends, is my brush with "The Vooooocie of Disssssney"

AVP
11-09-2004, 09:02 AM
The third photo on this page (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm021001.htm) is a bad shot of Corey Burton hosting the THEA awards.

I really, really, really don't think the person you are describing could be Corey. "early fifties, kind of big and barrely guy" is in no way a match for him.

AVP

Christiii
11-09-2004, 09:15 AM
nope..thats not him...when we were going thru the line he was bragging to his friends about doing a press shoot here and there..so he may be more of an announcer type of guy...but the lady with the group was REALLY impressed with him...she said he was very famous and known as the Voice of Disney...I should have asked his name...but he was such an idiot that at the time I was just trying to escape..hehe

soccerlady16
11-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Main Street Lockers have a spiel?

theEpiphany
11-10-2004, 01:20 AM
Those of you that are Corey Burton fans look no further than the Internet Movie Database...(Hey..I wasnt about to type it all out...)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0123553/

Anyway as far as hearing his voice within the Parks..

The first recorded voice guests here when arriving at the parks (at least if you park at Timon or Mickey and Friends) should be Corey.

Corey also did a majority of the voices for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as well as (someone mentioned) some things for Alice. Wherever you might here character voices in the parks as well....Chances are Corey's doing a few of those.

Corey is a voiceover genius and deserves a spot right next to Frees and Ravenscroft (just to name a few).

What has me respecting Corey is the fact of his refusal to replace Frees' voice in the Mansion (at least legend has it that way) when doing the Spanish voiceovers for the new load.

-tE

Doodle Duck
11-10-2004, 07:52 AM
"I finally turned to her and said "my, it must be exhausting haingin out with him!", she said, oh he is very famous.."He is The Voice of Disney", whatever the heck that means."

There are more than One.
Oh man...I hope that wasn't who I'm thinking it was...

Christiii...PM me or eMail.

Doug
lionPoint.com

AVP
11-10-2004, 08:39 AM
DOODLE!!!!! Good to see you!

Corey is just amazing to listen to. He did some impromptu impersonations at THEA, and he was hysterical.

AVP

Christiii
11-10-2004, 08:43 AM
ok...weve established tht my mystery man is not Corey..thank goodness..but another Voice, who does lots of announcements and press stuff..I wont mention any names..but I think the mistery is solved :fez:

Christiii
11-10-2004, 08:44 AM
ok...weve established tht my mystery man is not Corey..thank goodness..but another Voice, who does lots of announcements and press stuff..I wont mention any names..but I think the mistery is solved :fez:
p.s...I can spell..I just cant type and proofread..sorry! :(

Doodle Duck
11-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Yeah...the Mystery is solved. How embarassing. We'll let him stay anon...besides...an 'outing threat' might be worth a Club 33 huh Christiii...
:-) :~D

[derail] Hi AVP! [un-de rail]

theEpiphany
11-10-2004, 09:11 AM
The "Voice" Of Disney (Disneyland) is Jack Wagner who passed away on June 16, 1995. If anyone is actually claiming to be "The Voice..." Is really smokin' something fierce. While jack did enjoy doing spinoffs and humorous skits that were very.....interesting (Ever hear the origins of the F - Word skit???...Yup that's Jack...) HE was a very endearing man. Jack's son Mike Wagner does some voiceover work for Disney as well (he narrated the Disneyland Forever Kiosks for example). But Mike Wagner is a stick (very slender build).

You can still hear Jack's voice in the parks at such attractions as

-Disneyland Railroad Arrival and Departure Announcements (Mason Adams Narrates the current DLRR narration)
-Flag Retreat
-Rope Drop Ceremony
-Matterhorn Bobsleds "Remain Seated Please".

In fact there's an ode to Jack over in Toontown at Disneyland over at Goofy's Bounce house. There you'll see a pumpkin with Glasses. That's the "JACK" O Lantern.

As far as Corey and Indy. Corey is NOT known as the voice of Disney. Corey is probably one of the nicest and most laid back (not to mention respectful) people you'll never want to meet. I'm with AVP and then some on that sentiment :).

Then of course maybe I'm missing something entirely...

Christiii
11-10-2004, 10:20 AM
well, since he passed away in 1995..I'll bet they have hired someone else to do the announcements!! Im told by someone who knows him that he is the big voice of the fireworks, parades, a lot of press things at disney, and works with Eisner when he is there, Im not making him up.. :fez:

Christiii
11-10-2004, 10:27 AM
"I finally turned to her and said "my, it must be exhausting haingin out with him!", she said, oh he is very famous.."He is The Voice of Disney", whatever the heck that means."

There are more than One.
Oh man...I hope that wasn't who I'm thinking it was...

Christiii...PM me or eMail.

Doug
lionPoint.com
yep.....sad to say..but Id probably marry the guy if he had a membership to club 33 :rolleyes: I know I know...Im easy but Im not cheap...hehehe

Doodle Duck
11-10-2004, 12:38 PM
There are numerous 'voice of disney's that can hold that claim...niether means to overshadow the other I'm sure...If I was fortunate enough to do one of the Diz rides etc. I'd be a Voice Of Disney too! :D

the particular guy we refer to is really a big 'heart of gold' with legs...he must have been having a 'fun' night.

also, sometimes Diz does not like names bandied about as to who does what and when...it is in some contracts even.

I'm sure Christiii was correct in her reporting and I am correct in my assesment. :fez:

christiii...looking at your photo...I'm sure you'll get a few offers for a Club33 date. Have fun! :cool:

Doug :fez:

AVP
11-10-2004, 12:47 PM
also, sometimes Diz does not like names bandied about as to who does what and when...it is in some contracts even. I'm still trying to find out who did the new voice of Mr. Lincoln in the reworked Disneyland show. I've asked several people who ought to either know or be able to find out, and have never had an answer other than "nobody knows."

I have a theory as to why this is, and a friend of mine who does voice work, after hearing the new show, agrees with my suspicion.

Someday we'll see if I'm correct.

AVP

Christiii
11-10-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm sure Christiii was correct in her reporting and I am correct in my assesment. :fez:

christiii...looking at your photo...I'm sure you'll get a few offers for a Club33 date. Have fun! :cool:

Doug :fez:[/QUOTE]
oh you are so sweet!! Ill be at the park for my birthday in about a week and a half...maybe Ill just stand by the 33 door all day with a big bow on my head.. :fez:

DisneylandForever
11-10-2004, 04:47 PM
p.s...I can spell..I just cant type and proofread..sorry! :(

You can?

We'll just have to take your word for it I guess!

:p

HorizonsA
11-11-2004, 07:03 AM
He also does the voice of the drunk pirate by the former Chase scene. And he does the safety spielin the loading area.

ahecht
11-11-2004, 05:50 PM
The "Voice" Of Disney (Disneyland) is Jack Wagner who passed away on June 16, 1995. If anyone is actually claiming to be "The Voice..." Is really smokin' something fierce.

I won't mention names (since it seems to be taboo in this thread), but Disneyland press releases have referred to someone else as the "Voice of Disneyland" since 1991.

9oldmen
11-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Could another "voice of Disney" be, perhaps, Jim Cummings?