PDA

View Full Version : Penny Sleeper Inn

tinklover25
11-08-2004, 03:24 PM
has any one stayed at the Penny Sleeper Inn? how are the rooms and what about convenience? Thanks for any help!

Disneyland2004
11-08-2004, 07:21 PM
well i never stayed there but when i do go i always stay at candycane inn. their only 250 yards from the entrance of disneyland and have excellent prices. if your a AAA member you can stay there for $87 a night and they have continental breakfast. i would definetly check that out if i were you. their website is www.candycaneinn.net hope you have fun there i will be going there over Christmas.

Wendi
11-08-2004, 07:31 PM
I have never stayed there, but my mom did... this was probably at least 5 years ago... so I have no idea how it is now, but she called it the "Penny Pincher Inn" and vowed never to stay there again. In the many, many trips we've taken to DLR we have stayed in a lot of the value hotels and she said this was the worst one ever. I don't remember any of the details, but I totally remember it from her nickname.

Largent81
11-08-2004, 10:27 PM
I've stayed at the Penny Sleeper Inn. I believe it was early August, and let me just say NEVER AGAIN!

For something that runs about the same rate, I would recommend Del Sol Inn or Best Western Stardust Anaheim Inn.

Penny Sleeper really isn't somewhere you want to stay if you want to be refreshed for a day in the resort. I can't even begin to describe how repulsive my experience was. I wish I could say I was alone in my opinion, but it happens to be the same of anyone I've talked to about this location.

Sorry.

tinklover25
11-09-2004, 07:07 AM
thank you guys soo much I am calling to change my reservations right now!!I've always stayed at the HOJO or Park Vue but the hojo prices were rediculous for this weekend..$356.00 one night!! and this was cheepest but I will keep looking I want to keep the price about $50 a night any suggestions within walking distance would be great!

the mad hatter
11-09-2004, 07:22 AM
Check out the tropicanna...i really liked it.

tinklover25
11-09-2004, 07:33 AM
maybe I am being unrealistic about the price! I am trying to convince my husband to go and a low price always helps. His entire family is going so I feel left out even though we just got back from our honeymoon in WDW. I will keep looking thanks for all your help!

spectromen
11-09-2004, 07:45 AM
tinkover - make sure to try hotwire and priceline. There is almost always a major bargain in our area, even at last minute. I never have to pay more than $40 for a 3-star.

DISNEYloon
11-09-2004, 09:01 AM
well i never stayed there but when i do go i always stay at candycane inn. their only 250 yards from the entrance of disneyland and have excellent prices. if your a AAA member you can stay there for $87 a night and they have continental breakfast. i would definetly check that out if i were you. their website is www.candycaneinn.net hope you have fun there i will be going there over Christmas.

DITTO HERE!

If we don't have the budget to stay at GCH, then we stay there! Nice, clean and convienent.

Lucille
11-11-2004, 09:13 AM
I stayed there 3 years ago and it was AWFUL! Dirty, smelly, noisy, gross. Stay anywhere else!

Emma
11-11-2004, 10:53 AM
Looks like everyone else has said the same thing, but yes...

Beware of the Penny Sleeper Inn-- It's completely disgusting. For the price you're looking for, I would also reccommend the Tropicana Inn.

tinklover25
11-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks Y'all for saving me! i cx'd I am still trying to convince my hubby. But your suggestions for hotels is helping