PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming visit

disneymeimei
11-08-2004, 08:01 AM
Our family is heading down to the Happiest Place on Earth this weekend. A couple of quick questions:

Do they still have the Home on the Range activity center along the frontier trail.

This is the first time we have gone so early in the Holiday Season. Any tips for November, i.e. weather, crowds, fun stuff. We usually go the first week in December and sometime during the summer.

Thank you in advance...

We are so excited...four days and a wake up :cool:

Pammer
11-08-2004, 12:27 PM
I was just there 10/30 - 11/2, but I never walked down the trail so I can't confirm whether the Home on the Range area is still open (it may be seasonal).

However, the weather was great...no rain (although it had rained a few days before and after we were there), and I was able to wear shorts the entire time. I just checked weather.com, and it looks like there is a 40% chance of showers on Sunday, with highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s throughout the weekend.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/92802?lswe=92802&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared

I would take a rain poncho in case it rains or for the water rides (GRR, Splash) so you won't have to walk around with wet clothes all day long. Otherwise, a light jacket for the early morning and evening will probably be enough.

Crowds should be very manageable (it was very light mid-week last week), except that Thursday is a holiday (Veterans' Day) and might bring in more guests than normal. Plus Saturday is almost always busy (unless it's raining).

Be sure to observe the holiday makeovers throughout the park, and take the requisite pictures in front of the Christmas tree and castle! Mainly, just have a great time! :)

11-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Bump!

Anyone know about the Home on the Range Activity Center?

LoveDL
11-09-2004, 01:13 PM
There is an activity center/petting zoo area behind BTMRR. I am not sure if that is what you are talking about, it was open on our trip this past Oct.31-Nov.4.
Dawn