PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to view the fireworks?

paulca
11-07-2004, 01:59 PM
I am bringing my 80 year old mother-in-law to see the holiday fireworks show she cannot stand for too long a time - where would be the best place to view the fireworks. We could if needed go and save a bench. let we know what you think would be the best place given the situation

sdfilmcritic
11-07-2004, 03:58 PM
For me personally I think the best place is the top of the Mickey and Friends parking strucure. But there are no benches there, so this will be difficult for your situation.

nightdesigns
11-07-2004, 04:06 PM
I've always liked in front of IASW

VickiC
11-07-2004, 05:08 PM
For me personally I think the best place is the top of the Mickey and Friends parking strucure. But there are no benches there, so this will be difficult for your situation.

What aobut bringing a folding chair?

Earkid
11-07-2004, 05:41 PM
I don't think they have the snow effect on the top of the parking structure though!! :D

My2kidsrule
11-07-2004, 06:29 PM
On Thursday, I saw it from in front of the Penny Arcade (preview night). on Friday, we stood in front of IASW. I liked Main Street better. The castle becomes part of the show and the snow just feels more cool there. FWIW.

only1mouse
11-07-2004, 08:59 PM
We got pretty luck one year we thought, and so it has become our favorite spot. We were on Storybook Land Canal Boats and they stop the ride during the fireworks. It was absolutely amazing to see it from there and the cast member had a ton of information to share as the fireworks were going on.

Pirate Bill
11-08-2004, 04:06 AM
Similar to in front of IASW, if you head towards Toon Town, there are lots of built in bench seats there. I think it's about as close as you can get to the fireworks, so they're a bit loud (which I like). The downside, however, which I remember from the super cool "Believe" show, is that some of the lower effects you could not see. So, with the newer (and I'll add lower altitude) launch system they have, there may be even more that you can not see. But it may be worth it to avoid the crowd in front of the castle.

Although, there are benches facing the castle and I suppose if you get there early enough, that would be a really good spot. I've found that people are generally polite in that they do sit surrounding the benches around the hub. That would be my recommendation being as you'll have the castle silhouette, good audio, and that snow stuff. And, there's a coffee cart nearby too.

JTSnowFan
11-08-2004, 12:34 PM
The fireworks are choreographed to be viewed from main street with the castle in front of you. So to view the fireworks the way they were intended to be, Main Street is the way to go. However, if you want to stay away from larger crowds, I agree IASW would probably be a better choice.

SteveK
11-08-2004, 02:16 PM
We were there for fireworks a couple of months ago and saw a true expert run to his viewing spot...Rod Miller. He made alot of effort to go to a specific spot on Main street, on the right side of the street just (not the sidewalk) right near the Kodak store. Any further over to the left and you get part of the show cut out by the a large tree on the left. I'm guessing if he's picked out that spot, it's got to be one of the best.

If you don't care about the snow, I'm think you could get a pretty good view of everything from one of the benches at the train station too.
-Steve

rentayenta
11-08-2004, 07:21 PM
We got pretty luck one year we thought, and so it has become our favorite spot. We were on Storybook Land Canal Boats and they stop the ride during the fireworks. It was absolutely amazing to see it from there and the cast member had a ton of information to share as the fireworks were going on.

That sounds amazing. I hope we are so lucky.

Disneyfreak
11-08-2004, 07:40 PM
The best area to watch is on the balcony of innoventions. You can hear the music and you have the best view in the park. Make sure you face the sub lagoon though. :)
The only downside during the holidays is you wont see the bubble snow. :~D

sunnyca
11-08-2004, 10:45 PM
I always liked watching the fireworks from small world. right after the fireworks you can just jump onto It's a Small World. That is the perfect ending to a Disneyland evening....at least for me!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-09-2004, 01:32 PM
We took Dark Beer's advice and were right in front of Penny Arcade. There was a tree in the way so we should have been on the other side of the street but it was still magical and the snow was awesome!

soccerlady16
11-09-2004, 02:52 PM
If you don't mind missing the snow I say by the Matterhorn. Across from the back side of the mountain { were Ariel does her meet and greet} there are some built in benches. There's never any people around and you can see Tinkerbell really close! { Does she flt during the holidays?}

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-09-2004, 04:54 PM
I didn't see Tinkerbell.

Darkbeer
11-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Tinkerbell is not part of the Holiday fireworks, her next performance is scheduled for May 5th, and it will be a very different Tinkerbell performance.....

JTSnowFan
11-09-2004, 05:38 PM
And Tinkerbell is a guy... Just thought I'd throw that in....