PDA

View Full Version : Golden Dreams music

julierika
11-06-2004, 06:52 PM
I think I'm in the minority but I just love the Golden Dreams film. It is moving to me because of the courage of all the people that helped to make California the great place it is today. Can someone tell me the name of the song they play at the end when they show all the famous people? Makes me teary eyed.

JeffG
11-06-2004, 06:59 PM
The song is called "Just One Dream". It is performed by Heather Headley, who played Nala in the original Broadway cast of "The Lion King" and the title role in the original Broadway cast of "Aida".

-Jeff

Pammer
11-06-2004, 08:45 PM
I think I'm in the minority but I just love the Golden Dreams film. It is moving to me because of the courage of all the people that helped to make California the great place it is today. Can someone tell me the name of the song they play at the end when they show all the famous people? Makes me teary eyed.

I love it too! I also get teary-eyed everytime I hear it and see the montage (especially when Walt appears!). I get the same reaction when I hear/watch Golden Dreams at the end of the American Adventure in Epcot...very moving and patriotic!

bandboy1985
11-06-2004, 09:31 PM
yeah.

it gets me every time- they play it when they hire new cast members, too.

it makes everyone misty. :crying:

Niwel
11-07-2004, 09:20 AM
There is a DCA CD sold at MouseShoppe and at the parks that includes "Just One Dream." I've seen GD more than 20 times and I cry EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!! :crying:

JTSnowFan
11-11-2004, 11:41 PM
yeah.

it gets me every time- they play it when they hire new cast members, too.

it makes everyone misty. :crying:

Yes they do!!! During the last 5 minutes of my Traditions orientation, they played that song as they handed out everyone's name tags/ IDs. The song is now special to me for that very reason..

kbanmen
11-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Love it as well, every time we go to California adventure have to see it. And I too cry at the end when theyn play Just one dream. I love that song. I FINALLY downloaded off the internet and FINALLY have it for my own

BJW
11-12-2004, 07:24 PM
I'm with you guys. I don't know why everyone has given this attraction such a hard time. It's one of the best non-ride attractions at DCA. I like how the Whoopi statues interact with the film and the film itself along with the montage is excellent. It's definitely something in the Disney tradition and makes you feel better when you walk out than you were when you got in line.

I think with DCA in general you have to remember Imagineering did the best they could with the money they were given to work with. Pressler, Eisner, etc. had trimmed the budget to the bare minimum and they were still able to give us DCA. Whether its Golden Dreams, Limo, Mulholland, or GRR etc. I think they gave us a good park despite all of the tight budget cuts. On what little they had to work with (I heard all of GCH and DTD costs more than DCA) they couldn't give us another Indy but what they did give us was great.

bandboy1985
11-12-2004, 07:38 PM
they have also used it as an audition piece with a very demanding lyrical combo.

very fun- that's why it's special to me.

"side by side, heart to heart- we can finish anything we start..."

Disney Vault
11-12-2004, 07:59 PM
I enjoyed the film to. But I have only been once because no one in my group would go with me ever again after the first trip.

CoasterChickie
11-12-2004, 09:13 PM
I can't believe I missed this one. You guys are making me regret it!

disney_leonard
11-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Count me as one of the big fans. When I take people to DCA I always take them to GD.

DLRCM
11-14-2004, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy this song? Is it on any CD?

Ohana33
11-15-2004, 07:02 PM
yea i totally work at golden dreams and the number one question is where can i get the song (besides where's the nearest bathroom and how to i get to that flying over california thing). it's on the DCA/DL soundtrack, and as said before, it's by heather headly. dreams is a pretty good movie, but when you have to see it hundreds of times a day.. :rolleyes: i'm surprised they dont have it on a dvd yet.

AVP
11-16-2004, 07:50 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy this song? Is it on any CD?It's on the DCA Official Album, which you should be able to buy at work on your next lunchbreak, DLRCM. :)

AVP

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy this song? Is it on any CD?

At California adventure (anyways) not sure if it is at disneyland, there is a CD out at all the stores (it has just one dream on it)...along with other songs (from songs from attractions) like screamin..I have got to buy this CD..it sells for about $20

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 01:19 PM
yea i totally work at golden dreams and the number one question is where can i get the song (besides where's the nearest bathroom and how to i get to that flying over california thing). it's on the DCA/DL soundtrack, and as said before, it's by heather headly. dreams is a pretty good movie, but when you have to see it hundreds of times a day.. :rolleyes: i'm surprised they dont have it on a dvd yet.

You know my hubby said the same thing last week when we were at california adventure. he said they should put it on DVD because they could make alot of $$ from it