PDA

View Full Version : Teeny, tiny trip report 11/5

The Mouse Is Back
11-06-2004, 12:49 PM
We arrived at DL at around 2:30. As soon as I saw how sparsely populated the parking areas and trams were, I went "woo hoo!"

The weather was great. The decorations looked beautiful. The castle looked really good! What a relief, I thought it was going to be Barbie/My Little Pony redux, but it's much more subtle than that.

No lines anywhere. We pretty much walked onto HMH, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Star Tours, Winnie the Pooh (which we had never ridden before - cute but nothing that special). We tried the honey-caramel popcorn, and it was good but not great.

The crowds were really light, even around the infamous Indy area.

My daughter wanted to leave around 8:00, so we didn't get to see "Believe" this time around, and no hop over to DCA.

I would STRONGLY suggest that if you can, visit the Park on a weekday before Thanksgiving. IMO, this is the ideal time to enjoy all that holiday magic.

On a negative note - I was wearing my shirt from election day and had my "I Voted" sticker still on it. A CM at the Emporium said, "I see you voted, were you happy with the election?" Well, I voted for Senator Kerry, so of course I'm not. I politely told her the same, and she launched into a speech about why Bush is great, and why Kerry is horrible, pretty much along the same lines as the filthy attacks against him during the campaign. I seriously entertained the thought of reporting her. The only thing that prevented me from doing so is that she was a senior and sometimes they can get like that, but she put a major dent in an otherwise nice visit.

-Allegra-

11-06-2004, 01:17 PM
Eeek, The Mouse Is Back! Disneyland is the happiest place on earth - not, not, NOT the place for politics!

Thanks for the trip report. Except for the unsolicited campaign speech you got, sounds like fun.

disneyperson
11-06-2004, 01:48 PM
senior or not (and I assume you mean an older person not a high school student) no CM should be expressing any kind of political view while on duty.

RickW
11-06-2004, 03:21 PM
I've been in customer service my entire life and I'm sure there are some out there that consider me a senior at 50 years old.

My three golden rules of customer service:

1. Never presume the relationship between two people, i.e. "brothers", "father-son", "mother-child", etc. You will rarely get it right, and getting it wrong can be very awkward for all concerned.

2. Never assume that you can tell the pregnancy status of a woman.

3. NEVER NEVER NEVER engage in a discussion of highly emotional topics such as politics and religion.

Anyone in customer service that breaks these rules must be very new or very dense.

The Mouse Is Back
11-06-2004, 05:32 PM
I guess I should say that I am ::mumble mumble:: years old, so when I say "senior", I mean she looked to me like she was close to retirement age (maybe older, I don't know if people are forced out at age 65 at the parks or not).

We had a great time in spite of her. It just completely took me aback and the turn of the century costume made it even more surreal. LOL

-Allegra-

sleepyjeff
11-06-2004, 06:27 PM
I've been in customer service my entire life and I'm sure there are some out there that consider me a senior at 50 years old.

1. Never presume the relationship between two people, i.e. "brothers", "father-son", "mother-child", etc. You will rarely get it right, and getting it wrong can be very awkward for all concerned.

3. NEVER NEVER NEVER engage in a discussion of highly emotional topics such as politics and religion.

Anyone in customer service that breaks these rules must be very new or very dense.

Hear, Hear. I have learned all three the hard way :eek:

SoCalSteven
11-06-2004, 07:31 PM

Well, a more complete version of number 3 is that you never talk about politics, religion, or sex, but I guess that is a given. :eek: