PDA

View Full Version : lines

Ace
12-01-2001, 11:17 AM
what's the longest you've waited in a line? I waited like 2 and a half hours for rocket rods, got off and said "this is it?".... I'd wait as long as I needed to for splash mountain.... I always wait for Alice, even though it has a long line and an extremely boring queue....

Julie
12-01-2001, 11:59 AM
About 2 hours for Splash Mtn. , not long after it opened. Even today, the FP line can be long on that ride, so I don't go on it anymore!

Ace
12-01-2001, 02:29 PM
I just thought of this.... do they generally post accurate times for the lines? I figured out some ways to tell how long it's gonna be...

alice in wonderland- each back-and-forth part adds about 5 to 10 minutes

star tours- now, it's however long it looks, since as soon as you get in the building, you're there....pity too, since the line is so cool...

splash mountain- it's about 30 minutes from the barn entry, I think...

thunder mountain- 30 to 45 minutes from the entry with the whole line full

indy- it varies a lot, but generally it's 30 minutes from the temple entry without all the back-and forth lines...

LIMANDL4EVA
12-01-2001, 04:06 PM
one time the wait for splash mountain went al the way back to pirates of the caribbean!! i dont know why these toursists would wait 4+ hours for a 10 minute trip
and one time i waited 4 rocket rods for 3 hours and it never opened, so we got front on the line passes

Nigel2
12-01-2001, 09:33 PM
Oh yes rocket rods, opening day. Line back to the magic shop, up through Ariel's grotto, then into the building full lines and soforth (btw the between movies in CV changed from opening day) and it was cool since that was when it actually worked the best, but after that it wasn't worth the wait.

Ace
12-01-2001, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA
one time the wait for splash mountain went al the way back to pirates of the caribbean!! i dont know why these toursists would wait 4+ hours for a 10 minute trip

wanna know why? because that ride is too cool for school

LIMANDL4EVA
12-01-2001, 10:20 PM
its a GREAT ride, dont get me wrong, but geez 4 hours! come on

Nigel2
12-01-2001, 10:29 PM
Thats the thing with FP inclued in the times Splash Mtn at WDW had like a 45 minute wait while (these were all observed) Disneyland (all be it a better splash) has 80 minutes.

Matterhorn Fan
12-02-2001, 05:58 AM
About 4 hours for Indy (it was new and it was a holiday weekend).
At least 3 for Rocket Rods (wish I hadn't wasted my time).
About 2 hours for Splash Mtn when it was relatively new.