PDA

View Full Version : Airport Transportation

derraj25
11-06-2004, 12:44 PM
What is the most inexpensive ride to PPH from Orange County Airport? We have always purchased SuperShuttle transfers with our trip, and did not do that this year. For the four of us, Supershuttle is $80 one way. Is a cab, limo, or bus cheaper? And have you had positive experiences with the other services?

--d2

11-06-2004, 01:14 PM
For the four of us, Supershuttle is $80 one way.

A month ago, SuperShuttle cost us $10 each one way, $20 roundtrip. I booked through expedia.com

stan4d_steph
11-06-2004, 03:14 PM
A cab from GCH to the airport cost me $31 w/o tip back in October. You might be able to get one of the minivan taxis to fit all 4 of you in.

kisroo
11-06-2004, 05:44 PM
I'd check limo and towncar prices. It may be cheaper. I know our towncar was a better deal than Super Shuttle and nicer, too.

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
11-06-2004, 06:51 PM
The hubby and I just got back from DL today. Took a shuttle service from John Wayne to BW Park Place Inn @ $10/person plus tip. Took a cab (Yellow Cab) from BWPPI to John Wayne Airport @ a flat rate of $32 + tip (regardless of # of people).

My understanding is that you can negotiate a flat rate from the driver, which is what we did. And actually, the cab had those flat rates listed on the back passenger window, so they must hear requests for flat rates often.

HTH!!!

Pammer
11-06-2004, 08:52 PM
I've used the AirportBus numerous times, and have been very happy with their service. It is also slightly cheaper than SuperShuttle ($36 RT compared to $40 RT), but may not be running if you have a late flight out. We've used SuperShuttle the last few times for that reason.

However, SS could be cheaper in the long run, depending upon how many people are in your party, or a rental car. We are traveling with another couple in December, and we are going to rent from Alamo...with our Entertainment Book coupon, it costs about the same as if we used SS, but we will have the luxury of transportation during our trip (if needed).

Darkbeer
11-06-2004, 11:27 PM
From John Wayne, the Cab is the way to go, especially if you have 3 or more folks....

From LAX, the cab is usually the most expensive, the cheapest is the Airport Bus, and then the shuttles.....

sediment
11-08-2004, 08:37 AM
I'd check limo and towncar prices. It may be cheaper. I know our towncar was a better deal than Super Shuttle and nicer, too.
Yes, it is. No risk of stopping at other hotels before yours, no sitting next to complete strangers (from strange lands!) in close quarters. No waiting at the curb -- chauffeur is waiting at baggage with your name on a placard.

Sebastian
11-10-2004, 08:08 AM
We took a town car from the Hyatt on Harbor Blvd to John Wayne and it was
$35.00 flat rate and there were 4 adults in our party.

DisneyGirl8696
11-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Does anyone know the best shuttle to take from the Long Beach Airport?

mad4mky
11-10-2004, 12:23 PM
If there are more than two of you...getting a cab is the cheaper way to go.

Like Kisroo said though, check into a Town Car. You can usually get one for the same price as a cab...and they are sooooooo much nicer to ride in! :)

derraj25
11-10-2004, 02:24 PM
Do you make arrangements for a town car when you arrive at the airport like SuperShuttle or do you call a day or two in advance. And updating my first post...it is only $20 rt/pp not one way.

jazzjunkie
11-10-2004, 05:12 PM
no sitting next to complete strangers (from strange lands!) in close quarters.

Wow, people from "strange lands" visiting Disneyland.

Sorry, I don't see why this element is cited as a shared ride disincentive. Stereotype much?

Now the usual caveats in response?
"I'm sure there are people from "strange lands" who bathe regularly/speak English/know where they are going/don't haggle/have the right change/tip decently but..."

Hamradio
11-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Does anyone know the best shuttle to take from the Long Beach Airport?

You might try this link
http://www.shuttlefinder.net/airport_shuttles/long_beach.html

or this
http://www.xpressshuttle.com/long_beach.htm

Good Luck!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-10-2004, 08:54 PM
It is my understanding that Super Shuttle to DL area hotels is $10 a person to and from SNA and $15 to and from LAX. We have used the Super Shuttle on our last 2 trips and have been happy with it, other than the crazy drivers.

sediment
11-11-2004, 08:03 AM
Wow, people from "strange lands" visiting Disneyland.
Sorry, I don't see why this element is cited as a shared ride disincentive. Stereotype much?
Now the usual caveats in response?
"I'm sure there are people from "strange lands" who bathe regularly/speak English/know where they are going/don't haggle/have the right change/tip decently but..."
1. Some people have an aversion to sitting next to anyone. And those shuttles have a goal of being filled to capacity. And some people like to speak loudly to others in their party or speak to complete strangers who might not want to converse.
2. Why do you think I was referring to foreigners? And don't you think that even after a three-hour flight, some people might get a little gamey?
3. It's usually better to ask for clarification on someone's intent, than to post as if you already knew. Someone might make conclusions about you.
4. I'm not going to get defensive. I might get offended at your insinuations about a complete stranger (me). And I might suggest that you back off.
5. Also note that I said it was a risk. Not a guaranteed uncomfortable ride. You might meet some great people. Maybe not. It's a risk. Some people like to take risks, some people like to lower risks when they can.

That said:
1. If it's my money and my time (and no one else's), I go with a shuttle. (Because I'm cheap.)
2. If I'm with others, we go with a town car. (Because I'm sensitive to others' comfort.)