PDA

View Full Version : Hyatt Harbor Blvd

GoingSoon
11-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Hi, we are staying at the Hyatt during our upcoming trip and I have a couple questions about the hotel....

I know several hotels offer breakfast buffets or contintental breakfasts. Does anyone know if this hotel does?

Also, has anyone ever tried to upgrade (during checkin) a room that was won on priceline? If so, was it successful?

Thanks for your help!

blondiemouse
11-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Don't know about the upgrades but the breakfast buffet or on the menu was great-oh and kids ate free with a paying adult.Also you'll be glad to know the shuttle service is really good

sdfilmcritic
11-06-2004, 04:10 PM
I stayed at the Hyatt twice. My vacation during the last week of October this year I was there. I don't know how their buffet thing works, but it looks like you have to go down to the lobby where the restaurant is for the breakfast. It opens at 6:30 in the morning. I never went to that restaurant in the hotel, but I've seen people eating breakfast there. There is a buffet bar with breakfast items, but I believe they serve breakfast meals as well.

As far as upgrading from the Priceline purchase I can't help you there. However, on both trips I had purchase the room through Hotwire and the hotel was very accomadating during the check in process when I requested a non smoking room with two beds.

Take note that Hyatt is currently remodeling several of their rooms right now. If I remember right they had four or five floors completely shut down during the remodeling process. I mention this because it does limit the amount of rooms they have available, so you might not be able to get an upgrade. However I did luck out when they offered a great room on the top floor without me having to ask.

mg194
11-06-2004, 04:16 PM
We stayed last week and it was nice.

They charged us $40 per night to upgrade to a kid suite and $50 per night to upgrade to a king suite. I worked the gal some on price and she wouldn't budge. It's probably worth a try. We took the kid suite and since we paid $33 on Priceline it was worth it for us even with the extra $40 to have a little peace from the kids.

The breakfast buffet was $15.25 or so and they told us that kids were half price. It was okay but it's hard to eat enough food to make it worthwhile. Next time I would try Coco's across the street.

The shuttle was great as stated above. It was always right on time and the Hyatt is the first of three stops.

Parking was $15 for valet and $12 for do it yourself per night. We used valet and it was very convenient.

Mark

sdfilmcritic
11-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Don't forget that the parking per night will be automatically billed to your room when you present the parking voucher at the front desk upon checking in to the hotel. They will times the parking fee by the number of nights you have booked. You will be handed a special card from the check in person that lists the number of days the parking pass is good for and an expiration date and time when the card will become worthless. Whenever you want to use your car during the stay you must insert this card in to the little reader when you are exiting. This card is like an ATM card that you use to enter and exit the parking lot. The scanners are identical on the entrance and exit ways and they are also the same unit that prints out the ticket you will take in to the check in counter. This is a key piece of information to know!

GoingSoon
11-07-2004, 07:50 AM
Thanks for all the great info, everyone!

I do think a buffet for $15 is a little steep as well. We aren't big morning eaters and usually some oatmeal and toast will do us. Won't be paying $45 for four of us to eat that! lol

Great tip on the parking card.

Glad to hear the shuttle has good service. nothing like impatiently waiting to get to the park, right? :-)

Thanks again!