PDA

View Full Version : season pass questions

jake99
12-01-2001, 09:23 AM
since everyone here oviously knows alot about a disneyland and probaly most of you have season passes I have a few questions for you guys

imgetting a season pass in a week or so and im not sure if I should get the 150 or 200 dollar pass
first off i have a high school income which isnt very much so cost is an object but i figure if i get the $150 pass that they just block out the days that are so busy that they arent fun anways but then i found out you have to pay for parking which adds $35 dollars to the $150 then im going to get the 2 park pass and all of this added together pretty much much equals the $200 pass which comes with free parking both parks right now and %10 off alot of stuff

so does anyone have any insight to which would be better it would be much appreiciated

EandCDad
12-01-2001, 09:31 AM
Jake, you are pretty much on the money with the details. A Delux Pass is $149. If you need parking and go more than five times a year, you should get the parking pass, so that would raise the Delux to $184. The Premium is $199. Total price difference is $15.

Now, some might say "what's $15, a mere pittance, get the Premium." Its really up to you. What else could you do with that $15? Would you just buy a CD? Would you save it for college? Buy a present for your girl? Feed a poor family for the holidays? Give it to the NYC Relief effort. These are the things you need to weigh when you decide. Ask yourself these questions.

1. Is it important that I have the ability to go any day I want to?
2. Will I be buying food, beverages, and souviners in the parks?
3. Is the ability to go every day more important than what I might do with $15.

If you answer yes to 2 of the above questions, then I would get the Premium pass. If it is no, then I wouldn't.

Not Afraid
12-01-2001, 09:57 AM
Good analysis E&C. We've had all three passes this year (kept upgrading) It was kind of like the story of the 3 Little Bears. We started out with the California Residents (too many block-out days) then moved to the 1 park Deluxe w/ 1 parking (actually quite fine until we started meeting at the park- @ $7 for 1 car - and decided we wanted to go for New Years. The difference was not that great to prevent the last upgrade - especially since they added DCA to the pot.

Of course, I'm closer the DL than you are.