PDA

View Full Version : Annual pass (again!)

Nancy
11-05-2004, 09:41 AM
I have some friends going to Disneyland for the first time and would like to buy the $99 So. Cal pass. My question is, if they bought the one day pass and exchanged it for the pass, do they ask for local ID at the time of the up- grade? I know they didn't last year when we were there, but things do change. Thank You!! :)

Emma
11-05-2004, 09:45 AM
You will most likely be asked for ID if you try and purchase a So. Cal AP.

(I think)

Pammer
11-05-2004, 12:08 PM
You do have to show your driver's license for ID, and the CM will get your address off of it at that time.

My story: We upgraded to SoCal APs in June 2002, even though we live in Sacramento. Back then the policy was very lax, and they sold the pass to anyone who wanted it. We let that pass expire in June 2003 because we were not able to return until May 2004.

When we asked to upgrade last May, we were told that we couldn't get the SoCal AP because we didn't live in the right zip code. However, a very nice Supervisor made an exception when they verified that we had indeed had one previously. They can't guarantee that we will be allowed to renew it next year, but at least we can enjoy it for now.

Nancy
11-05-2004, 02:13 PM
You will be sent a renewal in the mail so you will be able to get one again. I was wondering if anyone had bought a pass recently that lives out of the area. I have one and we live up north. I also purchsed 4 for friends last April but the friends that are going this time will be there two days before we get there I guess we will have to wait and see.

Wendi
11-06-2004, 10:33 PM
I just got one Halloween night. I purchased a 1-day park hopper at the gate in the morning and used it all day. About an hour before park closing I went to the AP processing center and upgraded to a SoCal Select. The CM asked for my ID, which I showed him... however it has my San Francisco address on it. I told him that it was my old address and I had some mail with my So Cal address if he needed proof. He told me that he didn't really care for proof... just needed a So Cal address to enter into the database to purchase the pass. I've been told for a while now that they have not been enforcing the rules at all, and I have proof that it's true.

mousecrazy
11-07-2004, 09:28 AM
I live out of state and have a So Cal AP (for years). Now my three year old is ready for his first AP - will he be able to get one too?

Nancy
11-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Well we just got back from our 4-day vacation and I was UNABLE to purchase any So Cal passes. I have a So Cal, I've had one for many years, and live up north and have bought them for my friends 4 other times but for some reason they were very firm this time and wouldn't budge. I was so dissappointed. :crying: I recommend renewing though the mail. I think it's because of the upcoming 50th, they want to make as much $$$ as possible.

Dlandmom
11-13-2004, 06:50 AM
I recommend renewing though the mail. I think it's because of the upcoming 50th, they want to make as much $$$ as possible.

I wonder if mailing in the renewal will make a difference. I mean, they could easily not offer it to renewals mailed outside of the So Cal zip codes. Just a thought.

mousecrazy
11-13-2004, 07:44 AM
I wonder if mailing in the renewal will make a difference. I mean, they could easily not offer it to renewals mailed outside of the So Cal zip codes. Just a thought.

I was thinking the same thing Dlandmom. But, I received my renewal (I have a So Cal AP) in Washington, sent it in and received my renewed pass in yesterday's mail. I guess I'll find out if they give my 3 year old one in December.

Nancy - Did you try talking to more than one CM at the AP processing center? Sometimes you can find a 'sympathetic' CM who will give you a break - happened to me in May when one CM refused to give one to my daughter. We came back later in our stay and were given one without question.