PDA

View Full Version : Question about AAA park hoppers

tstan70
11-05-2004, 08:01 AM
I wish that we could go often enough to be AP holders, but since we live 750 miles away, we don't get to the parks enough to warrant the purchase of Annual Passes. Instead we go the Park Hopper route. The last two trips, we purchased Park Hoppers from the local Disney Stores, but sadly the two in our area closed earlier this year.

It looks like the best deal for us is to get park hoppers through AAA ($129 for a 5 day, free parking and $10 card to ESPN Zone) I am not a AAA member, but my mother-in-law is and has offered to pick up the passes at the local office where they keep them in stock, but she will not be going to the DLR with us

My question is: When using Park Hoppers purchased through AAA, does the DLR require you to show a AAA membership card or are we ok without one at the Park?

thanks!

the mad hatter
11-05-2004, 08:12 AM
I've bought park hopper tickets through AAA. When I bought mine it was in the AAA office and they gave me the tickets right there. I would assume that it is that way at all AAA offices that sell the tickets. Not sure about if you buy them online, i would imagine they mail you the actual tickets.
i would say go with the AAA tickets if you can.

Darkbeer
11-05-2004, 09:22 AM
My question is: When using Park Hoppers purchased through AAA, does the DLR require you to show a AAA membership card or are we ok without one at the Park?

thanks!
NO, once the tickets are purchased, anyone can use them..

By the way, Non-AAA members can use the Travel services at AAA with a surcharge, which is about the same price as an AAA membership.....

Matterhornman18
11-05-2004, 09:35 AM
I heard that there are "unlimied fastpass" options for AAA passes....Does anyone know what that means or what it is??

Emma
11-05-2004, 09:48 AM
No, you don't need to show an AAA card.

Unlimited Fastpasses through AAA are now only offered if you do a package staying at a resort hotel.

With unlimited fastpass, you can get as many fastpasses as you want at a time (one per attraction at a time)

Last year, all passes bought at AAA were unlimited fastpass, but it changed in 2004.

JEFFJAGUAR
11-05-2004, 01:27 PM
On this web site, it is indicated you can buy a 2 day flex pass at AAA but it does not specify this is a park hopper pass. Is it? I do know the web site indicates it includes free parking.

tstan70
11-05-2004, 01:32 PM
I talked to the local AAA office (I live in Salt Lake City and they have the passes at the office here). They offer two different passes. a 2 day Park hopper and a 5 day park hopper. Both have free parking

sediment
11-05-2004, 01:35 PM
I don't see much difference between AAA and Disney online in regards to parkhoppers.
If you have internet access, you can buy park-hoppers there.
If you don't, then how are you reading this?!!!

tstan70
11-05-2004, 01:39 PM
I don't see much difference between AAA and Disney online in regards to parkhoppers.
If you have internet access, you can buy park-hoppers there.
If you don't, then how are you reading this?!!!

I think the main difference is that the AAA comes with free parking, $10 ESPN Zone card and you don't have to pay shipping fees. The Disneyland.com offer is for the same amount and doesn't have the parking, the $10 card and you pay shipping

sediment
11-05-2004, 02:51 PM
5-Day Park Hopper® Bonus Tickets (valid from 01/06/2004 thru 01/03/2005)
Save up to $55 per person when you buy Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Tickets in advance on Disneyland.com---plus, get an ESPN Zone® Arena Game Card (valued at $10) with every Park Hopper® Bonus Ticket! Enjoy five full days of admission to both Disneyland® park and Disney’s California Adventure™ park for a great savings! This offer is not available at the Disneyland® Resort ticket booths.

Seems you get the ESPN Game card.

Shipping Method:Will Call
Delivery Time: Your tickets can be picked up at any Disneyland® Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booth.
Shipping Price: Included in your order
Seems there is no shipping charge if you do Will Call.

Really, you should get internet access.

Hmm, no free parking, though. Got me there.

tstan70
11-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Seems there is no shipping charge if you do Will Call.

Really, you should get internet access.

Hmm, no free parking, though. Got me there.

I wasn't aware you could do Will Call with them - good idea.
Thanks for the advice on getting internet access - Al Gore would be proud of you for advertising his idea! :fez:

The real advantage is in the free parking. I really don't mind where I get my park hoppers, I just want to get the best deal. Looks like right now the AAA deal is better, but thanks for all of the fine research you did on it!

sediment
11-05-2004, 03:23 PM
No problem. The snide remarks were free of charge, too!
It does depend on where you're staying that the free parking comes into play. Free shuttles from some of the hotels, walking-distance hotels, etc.