PDA

View Full Version : Del Sol Inn

Zina
11-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Anyone stayed here in the last 3 mos??? I have reservations there in 2 weeks. I read nice reviews here, at tripadvisor and on Bret's geocities map page. I do not want to stay at a dive. My regular hotel is HoJo's...but, this place is closer has micro included and breakfast for $60 a night.
Please tell me what you know!

got2travel
11-04-2004, 07:38 PM
I haven't stayed there since they changed from Best Inn to Del Sol so I'm not sure what may have changed. I have stayed at Ho Jo too, so I can make some comparisons.

The rooms are about the same size. My preference is room 201, its right above the office, but still fairly quiet. Bonus, its the closest room to the park.

If you are interested in using the pool at all, Ho Jo wins hands down. The pool at Del Sol is very small and not very heated, but the spa is nice.

The breakfast is not much, but all I really need is some toast and coffee. Then I take some fruit for in the park later.

Hope that helps.

Pammer
11-04-2004, 08:15 PM
I just stayed at the Del Sol Inn 10/31 - 11/2. It was my 5th stay there in the past 2 years, so I guess you can say that I'm satisfied with it! I haven't stayed at the HoJo, but I think the Del Sol is a good value and great location.

The rooms are all non-smoking, and we have always found them clean and roomy enough for us. The sink and counter area are separate from the tub/shower and toilet, and you do have a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, which we always enjoy.

The breakfast is not much (coffee, juice, toast, cereal. milk, and usually some sort of fruit), but I agree with got2travel that it's all we need to get us going in the morning.

Our favorite rooms are above the carport area (231-238), and we'll be staying there again 12/4 - 12/8!

Hope you have a great time! :D

outlaw8
11-04-2004, 08:43 PM
SO...How do you "request" a certain room?
CAn you do it online or do you wait until you arrrive?

jrsharp21
11-05-2004, 06:55 AM
What ever you do, do not stay in the rooms in the very back. GROSS!! My brother and I stayed there in December 2001 and they were nasty. Ants in the toilet and shower, the lid to the toilet was cracked and didn't fit on the toilet. Also the carpet was extremely dirty. The walls were paper thin and we could hear everything going on all night long. Hopefully they made some improvements since then.

the mad hatter
11-05-2004, 08:46 AM
I would suggest the tropicanna if you're looking for a clean place that's right across the street from the tram drop off at DL. Alot of people swear by the HoJo but in all actuality it is way too far of a walk. I have never stayed at the Del Sol.

Christiii
11-05-2004, 09:00 AM
my friend just got the Hojo for this weeked at $58 a nite..and if yo have the Entertainment Book card the rate is $45 a nite which is what I usually get it for (Im going in three weeks and have it for then)..I havent found any hotel to beat that price...plus I LOVE the Hojo...if you dont have the Enterainment Book card, then go to Mouseinfo and check the rate thru them..Ill bet you can beat the $60 a nite..especially this time of year...I havent stayed at the Del Sol, but if you know you like the Hojo..just try to beat the $60 there!!

Emma
11-05-2004, 09:03 AM
I have a friend who had a really bad experience at the Del Sol Inn . She said it was dirty and there were bugs. That was 2 years ago, so maybe it's better now.

stan4d_steph
11-05-2004, 09:18 AM
The Park Inn is one hotel closer to the entrance to DL and I got a great rate for it through Expedia (about $70/night). Very clean, great soundproofing, comfortable bed. There was a small refrigerator and a coffeemaker in the room, but no microwave. Breakfast was included, but I only ate there once. Not all that great, but for what I saved on the room, I could afford breakfast elsewhere.

DISNEYloon
11-05-2004, 09:37 AM
For what it's worth, if we don't stay at a DLR Hotel, we always stay at the CANDY CANE INN! All updated, decent AM breakfast, clean and very friendly staff.

...........Just my input!

Sheila
11-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Here are the reviews for the Del Sol in our Review System:

Anaheim Del Sol Inn (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlranaheimbestinn)

Sheila

Emma
11-05-2004, 09:46 AM
The Park Inn is one hotel closer to the entrance to DL and I got a great rate for it through Expedia (about $70/night). Very clean, great soundproofing, comfortable bed. There was a small refrigerator and a coffeemaker in the room, but no microwave. Breakfast was included, but I only ate there once. Not all that great, but for what I saved on the room, I could afford breakfast elsewhere.

I second this. I think the Park Inn is the best hotel across the street. Very affordable too.

If you don't mind walking a couple of blocks, the Coast Anaheim is fabulous.

Pammer
11-05-2004, 11:58 AM
SO...How do you "request" a certain room?
CAn you do it online or do you wait until you arrrive?

I do it when I make the reservation - use the Comments section if online, or request it if you talk to them direct. However, I always find that I can get a better rate by calling them than using the online link, especially if you have AAA. Also ask for the second floor, because you can really hear the people above you otherwise!

And we've never had a problem with either ants or bugs...our first visit was in October 2002, so perhaps they've improved things since jrsharp21 stayed there. I think they remodeled the rooms a few years ago when they were still the Best Inn too.

stitchlvr
11-06-2004, 10:54 AM
This used to be my favorite motel. We stayed there at least 15-20 times over the years. It was originally the Days Inn, then Anaheim Best and finally Del Sol. After my visit in July 2003, I will never go back. This motel was always cheap, clean friendly and close which is why we liked it. I recommended it to all of my friends. During my last stay, we had two bee infested rooms. Now I understand that this can't always be helped, but the problem was the treatment we received when we complained. The front office acted first as if we were making the problem up and second as if we brought the bees in with us somehow. They were coming in through a bathroom light but only in the mornings. We were not treated well the rest of the visit. I wrote a letter to complain afterwards, but never received a response to it. It's a shame because we brought the motel a lot of business for years and years.

Leap for Joy
11-07-2004, 07:44 AM
We stayed at the Del Sol in September this year. It was fine! The rooms are basic, but clean. All of the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves which we use. The staff is friendly. We've stayed at the Del Sol several times because we like its location and price. Every time we've gone it's been the cheapest in that line of motels. If you only need a place to sleep, it's great. Do request an upstairs room -- it's a bummer to have noisy people above during an afternoon nap.