PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you have urges? (attractions, etc. you just have to get to)

HorizonsA
11-04-2004, 10:17 AM
Before you go on a trip to Disneyland, do any of you just get the urge that you HAVE to visit an attraction no matter what.

For ex. I was exploring this cool Disney website and downloaded a selection piece of Star Tours. It played from the C-3PO/R2D2 scene to the end of the attraction. Tomorrow I am visiting Disneyland and am going to make it an objective to ride Star Tours. Even though it's the same old 80s attraction, it's till a classic in my book and I will just have to rde it tomorrow! :D

the mad hatter
11-04-2004, 10:27 AM
i have obtained various audio from disney attractions. the 50th anniversary retrospetive 12 disc set keeps me busy. visionsfantastic.com is great for disney media.

slydini
11-04-2004, 10:32 AM
the 50th anniversary retrospetive 12 disc set keeps me busy.
Where can one obtain the 12 disc set?

11-04-2004, 10:35 AM
For the longest time, I felt that way about the Submarine Voyage. It made me beyond sad thinking how this classic attraction had been closed without an announced replacement.

It helped to learn a lot about the attraction by reading Mouse Planet, these boards, and E-Ticket magazine. It's also great to know that at least something is being considered for the lagoon.

SallySkellington
11-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Attraction urges? Always. HMH and Star Tours are always at the top of my list.

Mommy2NicknMax
11-04-2004, 10:48 AM
For me it would be Indy. Must ride it many, many times. :fez:

HorizonsA
11-04-2004, 11:06 AM
How about attractions in which you haven't visited in a long while, and you just get the urge to ride it on your next visit. Like I haven't ridden the Disneyland Railroad in a LONG time. I think about going on it, but I never make it to any of the train stations. The other day I wa thinking of Disneyland music and I just remembered the Grand Canyon ad the Pimeval World from the Railroad and thougt to myself, "You know, I have not been on that is ages." So tomorrow, not only am I going to on Star Tours and but must ride the Disneyland Railroad.

itig
11-04-2004, 12:00 PM
i have obtained various audio from disney attractions. the 50th anniversary retrospetive 12 disc set keeps me busy. visionsfantastic.com is great for disney media.

Wow - that's a very cool site! Thanks.

CarlieB
11-04-2004, 12:14 PM
In Dl - POTC, Splash & HM

In DCA - GRR - I love it!

the mad hatter
11-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Where can one obtain the 12 disc set?

you need to have access to newsgroups. i believe the name of the newsgroup i got it from was alt.binaries.multimedia.disney.parks (you have to use a newsgroup program that can decode the binary packages.)

ps-for all of you that are going to start flaming me cause i did this, just know that this is basically something that somebody put together. it's not something that disney sells or probably will ever sell. if they sold it then i would buy it.

RemainSeatedPlease
11-04-2004, 09:13 PM
matterhorn!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-04-2004, 10:24 PM
POTC and Matterhorn!!!

sdfilmcritic
11-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Yep, I know what your talking about. It's usually something like wanting to ride Matterhorn or any of the rollercoaster type rides at the park.

AprilShowers
11-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Since I live in Ohio (too far from DL) :crying: I'll probably NEVER get to ride it again but....the best ride I've EVER ridden was Indy!!!!
We might go to DW sometime next year, but I've heard they don't have an Indy ride :confused:

DISNEYloon
11-05-2004, 09:38 AM
POTC, it's the FIRST ride we hit!

disneyperson
11-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Must visit HM and Indie, many ,many, many times. Oh, and must eat chocolate mint fudge.

merlinjones
11-05-2004, 01:16 PM
My Disneyland urges:

...a Skyway ride
...an Adventure Thru Inner Space
...a Rocket Jet flight up high in the center of Tomorrowland
...a Submarine Voyage
...a Swisskapolka in a Treehouse
...a leisurely PeopleMover ride
...a visit to Princess Aurora in her castle
...dinner and a show at Tahitian Terrace
...a Space Mist punch
...painting Tomorrowland
...restoring Mary Blair's murals
...fixing the Pooh ride
...rewriting the script to Snow White; An Enchanting Musical :)

danyoung
11-05-2004, 01:31 PM
We might go to DW sometime next year, but I've heard they don't have an Indy ride :confused:

Nope, but they have Dinosaur in the Animal Kingdom that uses the same ride vehicle. Totally different experience (and not quite as cool as Indy, IMO), but still enjoyable.

MrsG
11-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Must ride PotC and Peter Pan every time. Seriously having Matterhorn withdrawals at the moment.

kisroo
11-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Splash, Peter Pan, and now, ToT :D

Lekta
11-06-2004, 02:44 PM
POTC First always!

Screamin, ToT, Splash Mt. are the must do's everytime!