PDA

View Full Version : Question for all you AP'ers (Addicted to Disneyland, hmmmm?)

Pages : [1] 2

ppmuse
11-04-2004, 08:09 AM
My wife and I just got our AP for the Disneyland Resort. We have always had a desire to go to Disneyland. But now, that desire has gone to a need, almost an addiction. I HAVE TO GO. We can get in for free, why not? I live in Sacramento, and the desire to go down just to eat at Hungry Bear sometimes pops in our mind. Does this feeling of "I HAVE TO GO" happen to any of you? I guess I just want to hear that I'm not weird ;-).

sediment
11-04-2004, 08:12 AM
yeah! Answer THAT, APs!

Surfingstitch
11-04-2004, 08:36 AM
My gf has a need to go every three months. We live in Washington so we have to save for airfare to get there. Otherwise we would just drive down.

sunnyca
11-04-2004, 08:58 AM
all i know is that it's not christmas until i go to DL for the holiday, so i'm heading there this weekend just to watch the "Believe in Holiday Magic" fireworks.

JTSnowFan
11-04-2004, 09:05 AM
all i know is that it's not christmas until i go to DL for the holiday, so i'm heading there this weekend just to watch the "Believe in Holiday Magic" fireworks.

LOL. I did the same thing last year! I would leave work on the weekends and head over to DLR just for the fireworks!

BradysGirl
11-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Oh I remember when I first got my AP I felt I HAD to go every DAY!!! Of course, I had to limit myself. I now go almost every weekend. I've had my AP for three years now and I never ever get tired of going. It is fun EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!

Talking about it makes me want to leave work and rush right up there. But, alas! I am stuck here. (Sigh)

sediment
11-04-2004, 09:33 AM
My wife and I just got our AP for the Disneyland Resort. We have always had a desire to go to Disneyland. But now, that desire has gone to a need, almost an addiction. I HAVE TO GO. We can get in for free, why not? I live in Sacramento, and the desire to go down just to eat at Hungry Bear sometimes pops in our mind. Does this feeling of "I HAVE TO GO" happen to any of you? I guess I just want to hear that I'm not weird ;-).
Hey, this wasn't there when I made my post! There was nothing. You've ruined my joke. Stepped right on it.

In response to your question: you have issues. First, it's not free. It's $100 round trip airfare each (average), or an 800-mile round-trip, divided by 25 mpg = 32 gallons, times $2.50 = $80. plus an overnight stay.
Second, Hungry Bear ain't all that.

the mad hatter
11-04-2004, 10:30 AM
live in Sacramento

small world (disney pun intended), i live in the sac too. i wouldn't mind at all getting an AP and going down a few times a year...but my wife doesn't really care to go that often.

disneyperson
11-04-2004, 11:52 AM
We live in Sacramento too. I guess it is a small world after all. (sorry coundn't help it)We finally bought APs last summer. We love them! Now we can go to DL whenever we can scrape together cheapie hotel money.next visit Dec.11-13. Although while you are eating at the Hungry Bear, we'll be at the Carnation Cafe. :D

mystycalchyk
11-04-2004, 12:03 PM
I just love the fact that the thread title uses the term 'APers' when we know how much sediment hates that :p

Oh and I'm an APer and even though I dont have any blackout dates, there are so many rehabs going on I dont go all the time

:D

*runs*

the mad hatter
11-04-2004, 01:01 PM
I just love the fact that the thread title uses the term 'APers'

I see that and think of monkeys...APErs

sediment
11-04-2004, 03:01 PM
I just love the fact that the thread title uses the term 'APers' when we know how much sediment hates that :p

No hate. Just a suggested upgrade. At least there's a properly placed apostrophe.
(What does my sig line say again? Time for a change, me thinks.)

Photographer
11-04-2004, 03:28 PM
At least you're closer. I got an AP in Feb and I live in MA but 2 weeks ago I moved to FL. Yes, I got the WDW pass. OK, shutting up now. But I do miss DL, it's quaint and I can run around with all my friends.

Disneyphile
11-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Yep. It's part of the reason we moved 5 minutes away from the place. I now get off work and think, "I feel like blowing off some steam and unwinding by taking a ride on PotC", and I do! :D

QueenAlisha
11-04-2004, 04:09 PM
i don't have an AP yet, but i will be getting one after christmas. Once i do my bestfriend and myself (she has one) will be heading down at least one weekend a month to go go. it will just be for a day or two but thats 1/2 the fun. we dont need to pay for a hotel, we have friends and family that live close. the drive isnt to long, about 3 hrs. (we live in las vegas) but to anser the question, yes i do just get the feeling on NEEDING to go to get a corn dog. and be a big dork. (yes i am a huge dork at disneyland)

RemainSeatedPlease
11-04-2004, 04:13 PM
My Family is all AP'd up and we usually go down for a weekend trip 3 times a year, if we lived closer, we would go all the time, I got my mother started and now I don't have to push everyone to go, my mother out of nowhere says "lets go to disneyland next weekend!"! So yea we ge the Just have to go right now mania!

MrsG
11-04-2004, 04:27 PM
Do we have to go? Are you kidding? We just get back from a 6 hour drive and that evening we ask each other "Are you ready to go back?" We could go every weekend!

kisroo
11-04-2004, 05:31 PM
We live in Oregon, so it's not a daily/weekly/monthly thing, but we have managed to make it down there pretty much 1-2 times each year since I "converted" my Disney Muggle hubby. (thanks to 3894 for such a great term for the 'uninitiated'!)

It seems like once you get an AP, it's just that much easier to go...even for us up here in the NW! ;) All I have to do is say to hubby: "It's *just* the airfare and hotel. And I KNOW I can get a good deal on those...it would be such a waste if we didn't get at least 2 trips in on this AP!" ;) He's putty in my hands once I can get him past the airfare! As much as he'd hate to admit~he loves going allllmost as much as I do.

I didn't realize I was an "Ap'er" though~or an "Ape". :D Just someone who has an AP. Person-first language please! ;)

RStar
11-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Yes, I do have to say that I'm addicted. If I haven't been for a while (say a few weeks) I get the "itch". I need my fix at least once a month, but just a few hours will do it. It's never a full day unless I'm with a paying guest. I have had a pass since 1984. I was there on opening day for Indiana Jones, the new new tomarrowland, Winnie the Pooh, DCA, Tower of Terror, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

disneyboy7
11-04-2004, 05:43 PM
I live in Folsom, and yes I feel often like getting in the car and going at the drop of a hat. I'll be grocery shopping in Raley's or going to a movie by the Outlets and feel like strolling through NOS instead.
I'm going skiing this weekend, but looking forward to going to DL on the 19th more than skiing.

Sean Menefee
11-04-2004, 07:18 PM
We live in Sacramento too. I guess it is a small world after all. (sorry coundn't help it)We finally bought APs last summer. We love them! Now we can go to DL whenever we can scrape together cheapie hotel money.next visit Dec.11-13. Although while you are eating at the Hungry Bear, we'll be at the Carnation Cafe. :D

<--- Also from Sacramento (Citrus Heights to be exact,) so the world keeps getting smaller. It looks like Sacramento raises some Disneyland freaks as well.

You have to be dedicated to make the drive down 5 but if you don't mind not sleeping you can pull of a quick weekend trip to DLR no problem for reasonable prices.

Glad to see you're going to enjoy your pass, a long freeway trip is no reason to not go to DL as much as possible IMO. ;)

Sean-

ae's mom
11-04-2004, 07:49 PM
:D I'm in Woodland (15 miles northwest of Sac.)....yes, it is a small world after all(couldn't resist!!) We are going in December and are seriously considering upgrading our tickets to APs. My husband says he knows we will want to go at least one more time next year.....he's right!! I would love to be able to go one weekend a month.... :p

sdfilmcritic
11-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Yep. Happens every so often. The need for DLR may be more common than you might think.

SoCalSteven
11-05-2004, 12:10 AM
I run into that often.

I live 90 minutes away from DL, but I go to school 30 minutes away, so sometimes after school I just figure since I'm most of the way there...hehe

11-05-2004, 04:58 AM
I'm so jealous I could spit! Why did I read this thread?

P.S. Props to Mamma Silva for "Disney muggle". Totally great term!