PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian Tour

kohl
11-03-2004, 09:18 AM
I've heard that the Grand Californian Hotel will give a tour to the people staying at the Hotel, of California Adventure before the parks officially opens.
Is this true? And if it is what is the tour like? Who do you ask about the tour? Thanks for any info!

stan4d_steph
11-03-2004, 09:21 AM
That sounds cool. I know they do an architecture tour of the hotel, but I have never heard of a tour inside DCA. I would ask the front desk or concierge about it. Hopefully someone who's been on the tour will share. :)

CarlieB
11-03-2004, 11:31 AM
I know that you can get early entry into DCA and the first ride of the day on Soarin' if you stay at the GCH:)

11-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Yes, one hour before DCA officially opens. It's a general overview and a ride on Soarin'.

TempoNZ
11-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Nice idea (Someone has to be the test subjects each morning :) )

I think it is actually a really good idea and might encourage me to stay at the Grand Californian Hotel (Actually it probably wouldn't but it would give me a reason to at least consider it.).

Jeremiah
11-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Yes they do a tour, I don't recall if it is done everyday or not. It used to be open to anyone then they changed it to guest staying at the GCH only. Also you don't get in an hour early to the park, you may get in early over on that side of the park but not for long if you do. Also I have stayed at GCH and DL Hotel and I would take the DL Hotel any day of the week over the GCH.

J

11-04-2004, 05:52 AM
they changed it to guest staying at the GCH only. Also you don't get in an hour early to the park, you may get in early over on that side of the park but not for long if you do.

That's a good point: this is for GCH guests only. Not sure if I'm misunderstanding Jeremiah's post but you do get into DCA one hour before the official opening time. You have to stay with the tour, of course.