PDA

View Full Version : It's Christmas At Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

paulca
11-01-2004, 11:50 AM
This morning at 12:30 a.m. I saw the Christmas Tree on main street put into place. What a great site it was to see the 60 foot tree make its way down main street in the darkness. The tree with its many lights offers hope to all this holiday season. May your hoildays be filled with light and love!!

DISNEYloon
11-01-2004, 11:54 AM
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can't WAIT to see it............I need to see some pictures (for my fix)

...uh, hmmm, ..... darkbeer ??? PLEEEEEEEEEASE!

:-)

CarlieB
11-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Yay!:)

lynnspire
11-01-2004, 12:25 PM
I can't wait for the holiday fireworks show, I really don't like the current one. I really miss Believe. This new show that they have seems to encourage lude behavior among young couples...if you all know what I mean.Oooo... how do I say this nicely, well Believ was way more fun!! I loved the transition between Tarzan 'Two Worlds' and Hunchbacks 'Hellfire'!!! What great editing!!! Anyhoo, I look forward to the 'Old Smoker' woman narrator in the Christmas fireworks show. Geez, It seems like yesterday that I was in front of the castle listening to silver bells while watching the fake snow fall from the sky!!! I love the holidays!!

dlandnut
11-01-2004, 12:46 PM
This morning at 12:30 a.m. I saw the Christmas Tree on main street put into place. What a great site it was to see the 60 foot tree make its way down main street in the darkness. The tree with its many lights offers hope to all this holiday season. May your hoildays be filled with light and love!!

Happy Holidays to you, also. Need photos in a hurry! Echo other sentiments: DarkBeer where are you????? :)

rentayenta
11-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Very cool! I cannot wait to see it. We will be there from Dec. 20-26 and I can't wait to enjoy all the magic that DL has to offer during the holidays :)

stinkerbell
11-01-2004, 01:09 PM
....aaaand you just put a gigantic smile on my face. Thank you! :)

HorizonsA
11-01-2004, 01:32 PM
I've always wondered how they get the tree out. Do they drive it all the way from Small World to Main Street. How do they drive it? Anwyay, I might be going Wednesday. Even though 'Christmas in Disneyland' doesn't begin until Friday, at least the tree is out. I wonder what it'll look like this year?

Hakuna Makarla
11-01-2004, 02:50 PM
oh pleaseeee if any one can get a nice shot if it all lit up please post it. I am so happy about chrismtas and all the holiday cheer, I am looking forward to some nice christmas pictures. Ok, darkbeer)))))) I know you are out there some where, can you get some nice shots of lights and tree lit up??:D

Tinker Bell
11-01-2004, 03:30 PM
when do the santa's come out? My kids wnat their pix with goofy santa this year.

JTSnowFan
11-01-2004, 03:53 PM
November 5th.

MrsG
11-01-2004, 04:38 PM
Last Sunday on our drive home north on Hwy 5, we saw a HUGE tree headed south. Hubby and I told ourselves that it was the Disneyland tree!

Buzzisdaman
11-01-2004, 05:11 PM
I can't wait!!! we go this friday!!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!! thanks for the update.

Hakuna Makarla
11-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Last Sunday on our drive home north on Hwy 5, we saw a HUGE tree headed south. Hubby and I told ourselves that it was the Disneyland tree!
Does the tree in disneyland be a real tree? doesn't it lose all its needles by the time christmas comes? It must not be real right?

bandboy1985
11-01-2004, 05:38 PM
it's ALWAYS been a real tree, though it does receive some interior structural support.

i ran into it backstage tuesday at 2:30am. kinda freaky- you're not sure what exactly you're seeing at 2:30 especially backstage.

anyway- i'm in darkbeer's photo update on the fourth page! try and find me! ;)

SoCalSteven
11-01-2004, 06:51 PM
Cool!

We saw the tree backstage as we came into the park Sunday.

Esmerelda
11-01-2004, 07:16 PM
I never saw where the tree was backstage (sounds like some of you did, though!), but it sure did make an entrance last night. It was driven slowly on a truck right down Main Street standing right side up and all fully decorated. QUITE a sight to see! I know that I won't be forgetting it any time soon. Happy holidays!

Niwel
11-01-2004, 08:09 PM
KTLA showed the snowglobe commerical tonight (the one where Santa has to reshake it to get it to snow) --- my face lit up :D

BQ2
11-01-2004, 08:12 PM
We'll be up in two weeks, Can't wait :) BQ

lisap
11-02-2004, 06:06 AM
We'll be up in two weeks, Can't wait :) BQ

Nice avatar! Welcome to the boards. :)

Looking forward to the Christmas fireworks--my very favorite show. Karla--the tree drops needles here and there, but they coat it with flame retardant--last year it was green instead of white--does anyone know if it's going to be green again? It smells wonderful (the tree, not the retardant ;) .)

tstan70
11-02-2004, 07:04 AM
I found some photos of the tree and of the open castle!

http://www.dldhistory.com/gallery.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=119&Current=309

rentayenta
11-02-2004, 07:07 AM
Nice avatar! Welcome to the boards. :)

Looking forward to the Christmas fireworks--my very favorite show. Karla--the tree drops needles here and there, but they coat it with flame retardant--last year it was green instead of white--does anyone know if it's going to be green again? It smells wonderful (the tree, not the retardant ;) .)

I hope it's green because I don't like the flocked look. Oh heck, I don't really care because I WILL BE AT DISNEYLAND OVER CHRISTMAS. I feel better now :D My trip is so close it's almost painful.

tstan70
11-02-2004, 08:00 AM
I hope it's green because I don't like the flocked look. Oh heck, I don't really care because I WILL BE AT DISNEYLAND OVER CHRISTMAS. I feel better now :D My trip is so close it's almost painful.

Looks very green in the photos! Hurray!!! I love the natural look much more than the flocked look as well

Hakuna Makarla
11-02-2004, 08:28 AM
wow! it looks wonderful, and those ornaments are huge!!! I can not believe how big thattree is! I am praying rentayenta that you take night shots of it all lite up.,I love seeing lights on the trees!

rentayenta
11-02-2004, 09:22 AM
wow! it looks wonderful, and those ornaments are huge!!! I can not believe how big thattree is! I am praying rentayenta that you take night shots of it all lite up.,I love seeing lights on the trees!

Karla, I promise that I will take tons of pictures. We just got a new ditigal camera so now I need to learn how to work it. You'll be the first person that I send pics to!

Hooray! for the green tree :D