PDA

View Full Version : No more appetizers for APs!?

skoolpsyk
11-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Hey, we went to Tortilla Jo's and were told that they recently changes the AP benefit (One (1) complimentary appetizer for each two (2) passholders with purchase of two (2) entrees for lunch or dinner).

The waiter said now it is just 10% off the bill. That is really disappointing.

I'm assuming it's the same at Naples too?! bummer...

I guess they aren't kidding when they say the benefits are subject to change without notice! we weren't notified and it still has the appetizer benefit on the DL website...

Anyone have info on this?
(cross posting on LP)

CarlieB
11-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Personally I think I'd prefer the 10% off the bill - it's easy, and a good discount. JMHO, though:)

lynnspire
11-01-2004, 11:50 AM
My friend and I recently (like the week before last) went in to Trotilla Joe's just for dessert, and when we whipped out our passes, the waiter told us, 'oh sorry that only is good for a complimentary appetizer with the order of two lunch or dinner meals'. I though it had changed to the 10% off, so I went home and checked on line, sure enough he was wrong. I was a little mad, but the dessert was GREAT!!! Has anyone else tried that Oaxacan Pastry? WOW! I didn't think Banana Cashew Ice cream would be all that great, but boy was I wrong!

cstephens
11-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Yes, it's a recent change. The DL website hasn't been updated. In the latest newsletter that was mailed out, it indicates the 10% discount rather than the free appetizer. The change is effective in all the Patina restaurants at the resort (Tortilla Jo's, Catal and Naples).

I don't mind the change, especially since Patina has no obligation to give APs any sort of discount. You now get the benefit even if you don't order an appetizer since it's a straight 10% discount.

averagedork
11-01-2004, 08:17 PM
I am probably the only person who doesn't like Tortilla Joe's. We got our discount last time we went, but personally I am not going back. That and Brennan's, gr... We had the Baked chocolate bread pudding and my friend found an eggshell in it and it wasn't good in general.

topdsnymom
11-02-2004, 02:09 PM
:eek:
I am probably the only person who doesn't like Tortilla Joe's.

NO, you are not the only one. There seems to be no flavor of any kind in their food.

disneyboy7
11-02-2004, 08:46 PM
I prefer the discount, as I am not coupled. I find two for one discounts to be less of benefit as they are reminders that I am single.

Alpha1mom
11-03-2004, 04:46 AM
So what? Why is it that AP's expect to be treated like Disney Royals.
Yea, your lucky to live by Disneyland, but to constantly complain when you have to pay a couple dollars more for something or you might not get a free appitizer, I think this is so pathetic!

I am sorry for my comment but I have been reading on these boards for quite awhile and "alot" of AP's (not all) sound like a bunch of spoiled brats!

I can only go to DL maybe once a year, and I treasure every moment!

Tutter
11-03-2004, 05:11 AM
I'm dead excited about getting my AP at xmas time. I will be more likely to eat in one of the nicer restaurants just to feel I am getting my moneys worth with the discounts :D - I guess that's why they do it.

bubsy
11-03-2004, 05:46 AM
Where can I find this list that shows the restaurants that Annual Passholders can receive discounts?

I thought I would get that info when I received the pass but nope.

VickiC
11-03-2004, 06:41 AM
They do it because people who live around here have a choice. Most of the AP holders I know go early and go home for dinner. DTD tenants want to encourage them to stay and spend $$$$.

Surfingstitch
11-03-2004, 07:39 AM
Where can I find this list that shows the restaurants that Annual Passholders can receive discounts?

I thought I would get that info when I received the pass but nope.

You can find the info on disneyland.com under the ap section.

skoolpsyk
11-03-2004, 11:28 AM
So what? Why is it that AP's expect to be treated like Disney Royals.
Yea, your lucky to live by Disneyland, but to constantly complain when you have to pay a couple dollars more for something or you might not get a free appitizer, I think this is so pathetic!

I am sorry for my comment but I have been reading on these boards for quite awhile and "alot" of AP's (not all) sound like a bunch of spoiled brats!

I can only go to DL maybe once a year, and I treasure every moment!

Geez, chill out lady! No I don't expect to be treated like royalty. There was a perk that we enjoyed and now it is gone and we're disappointed. I thought a forum would be a place to discuss this without having to be attacked.
It was nice to get a free appetizer worth 8-12 dollars and it would seem to make good business sense as it doesn't cost the restaurant that much, and it got us to eat there way more often. I can see how other people would like a different perk, but maybe they could have offered a choice...
Yes, I probably do live closer than you (a couple hours away), so I guess I can understand why you are so bitter with jealousy! :)

RStar
11-03-2004, 12:03 PM
It sounds to me more like a frustration over the lack of communication, because it's not a loss of benifit, just a change. But without notice, and being told two different things. It can be a problem when you don't know what to expect.

bubsy
11-03-2004, 06:37 PM
You can find the info on disneyland.com under the ap section.

thanks!

MrsG
11-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Personally I think I'd prefer the 10% off the bill - it's easy, and a good discount. JMHO, though:)

Totally agree. We never get appetizers so that discount never worked for us. The 10% is better.

averagedork
11-04-2004, 05:37 AM
We don't want to be treated like royalty. AP folks just... I maybe a snob, but I go to the DLR and spend money. I spend a lot of money there (not as much compared to a family going there once a year, but over the long run I spend more than the family easily.). I buy candy and such, I buy meals there, I spend my fair share. So I like things certain ways, I will still come back if they aren't the way I like (I have the burn marks on my pass to prove it). Discounts are nice. Very nice. It is nice on the rare occassion when my whole family goes to the parks to be able to bust out the pass and get a discount for the group of us. Makes me feel like a hero. I like feeling like that, better than feeling like "Kim, our dorky sister.".

There is my rebel yell for AP snobbery.

11-04-2004, 06:17 AM
Moderator's note: Attack the post, not the poster.

Thank you,
3894/Helen

AlohaJulie
11-26-2004, 08:57 AM
I prefer the discount, as I am not coupled. I find two for one discounts to be less of benefit as they are reminders that I am single.

I prefer the discount too, but for the fact that the free appetizer serves as a reminder to me just how HUGE portions sizes are nowadays. I can split one small entree with someone else and still have some leftover! It really shocks me sometimes how much people can eat.