PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland recipes

cstephens
11-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Found out something nifty tonight that I don't remember having read about so thought I'd mention it: a friend of mine really likes the mint juleps at Disneyland, and I mentioned that they used to sell concentrated mix there for it, but I wasn't sure if they still did. Asked a CM, and sure enough, we were told that the distributor no longer sold it, but the CM said that we could get the recipe at City Hall. Cool. So later in the evening, we stopped into City Hall, and I relayed the story to the CM there. She pulled out a binder that said "recipes" on the front, looked through it, and pulled out a copy of the mint julep recipe. I was intrigued as to what else was in there, so she let me look. They had, among other things, recipes for various dishes at the Blue Bayou, the fusilli at Pizza Port, the cole slaw at Plaza Inn, a dish from Casa Mex (sniff), and various sauces from Bengal Barbeque. They were divided into starters, entrees, desserts and miscellaneous. If there were extra copies in the binder, she pulled one out and handed it to us. If there hadn't been extra copies, she would have had to go make a photocopy for us.

Pretty spiffy!

SoCalDude
11-01-2004, 11:51 AM
ohh I wonder if they have those muffins.... man those things are good.

mmmmmmmmmmm

stan4d_steph
11-01-2004, 11:53 AM
I want to know what's in that chicken fusilli pasta from Pizza Port. I just know it's loaded with calories... but it's very tasty. :)

11-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Most if not all of those recipes have been posted on the web, sometimes called "copycat recipe for (your DL favorite here)".

MrsPooh
11-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Some of the recipes end up in the Disney Magazine. DL/DCA as well as all of WDW restaurant have been featured. I have the recipe for Blue Bayou's Monte Cristo sandwich, as well as the Caramel French Toast (forgot which restaurant in WDW!) and the Frunch drink. Good recipes! That is one of my favorite parts of the magazine when it arrives in the mail! I can't wait to try out the new recipes! :)

mystycalchyk
11-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Some of the recipes end up in the Disney Magazine. DL/DCA as well as all of WDW restaurant have been featured. I have the recipe for Blue Bayou's Monte Cristo sandwich, as well as the Caramel French Toast (forgot which restaurant in WDW!) and the Frunch drink. Good recipes! That is one of my favorite parts of the magazine when it arrives in the mail! I can't wait to try out the new recipes! :)

Me too! I was so excited to get the recipe for the Grapefruit Cake featured at The Brown Derby ...yummmmmmmm.
Just above it (in that same issue) they had a recipe for a yummy looking concoction from the Tahitain Terrace in Disneyland of days gone past. Looks yummy and fruity, I will try it this summer for sure :D

calguy77
11-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Maybe a Dole Whip recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Some of the recipes end up in the Disney Magazine.

Good point! Also, a Storytellers Cafe waitperson handed me the recipe for the roasted corn chowder about a minute after I requested it. The Disneyland Resort is justifiably proud of their food.

Disneyfanatic
11-01-2004, 03:01 PM
We used to sell Dole Whip at a delli that I used to work at. I'm not sure that you would be able to copy it, if it the same Dole Whip. It was a powder that came
in a package that you mix with water and put into the machine to harden it to frozen.

D-lander 1956
11-01-2004, 07:42 PM
I had the same experience recently at WDW at the Liberty Tree Tavern. I told the waitress how much i enjoyed the salad and she said,"Wait here, I'll get you the recipe." She came back from the kitchen with a nicely printed paper with both the salad and the dressing recipe!

I came home and googled "WDW restaurant Recipes" and found this UK site. (http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/recipes.html)
It lists quite a few of the recipes, some of which i am sure are used at DL as well.

Enjoy!:p