PDA

View Full Version : When will Space Mountain re-open?

SeaTheWorld
10-30-2004, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know when in 2005 Space Mountain will re-open after it has been renovated? What kind of changes are they making?

Thanks for the info.! ;)

Uncle Remus
10-30-2004, 07:17 PM
I believe they are currently trying to reinnovate the way they test a ride so they can bump up the opening date to may or june. (from an update on this website or miceage) But before i heard that I heard the November of 2005 is when it would open which would cause no space mountain for another summer. So to average it out somewhere between may and novemeber it will open :). The ride is suppose to be the same layout as before. (or different). It is suppose to have a new ending or change in story to it (or not) Its suppose to do a loop (definintly not). What I am bascially saying is, that it will defininitly be different but how different I do not know. All that i can say is that it will probably be awesome and i will probably ride it abunch when it reopens.

SeaTheWorld
10-31-2004, 07:50 AM
Thanks. I did see in the news on this site about it opening in November, 2005. I can't believe it'll take that long!! It's just WAY too long to have my favorite ride closed. I remember when it opened and have loved it since. Hopefully, Disney will get on the ball and get it done!

Any word on The Big Thunder Railroad?

SoCalSteven
10-31-2004, 07:53 AM
Big Thunder is open, and has been open for a while.

surfboy92683
10-31-2004, 08:12 PM
Actually, DL plans to open all the refurbishment rides like space mountain and matterhorn for the 50th. They plan to have it ready for DL birthday.

cstephens
11-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Actually, DL plans to open all the refurbishment rides like space mountain and matterhorn for the 50th. They plan to have it ready for DL birthday.

Yes, that's the plan, but Space may not make it until November. To be safe, CMs are telling people that Space will open in November so people won't show up in July and be disappointed if Space isn't open.

Patrick Stibbs
11-02-2004, 06:21 AM
Does anyone have any further information on when this will reopen? I was at the park on October 8th and several cast members told me they were actually ahead of schedule and that it may be in May, while others were still saying November. Anyone?

sdfilmcritic
11-02-2004, 06:27 AM
It's May. No wait, November. No wait, May.

My safest bet would be on November and will act surprised if it opens up sooner.

SoCalSteven
11-02-2004, 07:17 AM
Check out my thread here:
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=33721

I heard on Sunday that there were some delays, putting them back to "on time" for November.

bandboy1985
11-02-2004, 08:14 PM
they're right on schedule, according to the construction crew.

the rear of the building has been closed up and the track layout appears to be complete (from my inexpert knowledge). things seem to be going smoothly and according to plan, though it's difficult to judge what with the other backstage construction and refurbishing going on in the backstage buildings.