PDA

View Full Version : Weather next week???

livinglighthouse
11-29-2001, 04:43 PM
Anyone know what the weather is supposed to be like for the next week or so? We just got snow up here....we are about 9 hours north of Dland. I'm worried its going to be cold and rainy, not that that would stop us but still. I'm trying to figure out what kind of clothes and jackets I should pack so any help would be great.

Not Afraid
11-29-2001, 06:07 PM
I don't know when you're arriving but Saturday is supposed to be beautiful, Sunday colder (40-60) Monday rain, then high 40s to mid 60s the rest of the week. I gets cold and damp at night and cool and breezy during the day. Keep in mind that I'm at the beach and I'm thermally challenged.

Bring layers. I actually wore mittens the last time I was at DL, but I'm a wimp. I wouldn't be comfortable during the day with just a t-shirt but I saw people doing it. I depends on how you handle temperature. My Sister-in-law lives near Yosemite and thinks its been hot here.

mad4mky
11-29-2001, 06:09 PM
I've been going onto Weather.com....

Pretty good updates.

innerSpaceman
11-29-2001, 10:04 PM
Well, whomever has good weather info sources (and keep in mind that most weather info is competely off the mark), please keep us informed on this thread. I know there is a major MousePad meet on Dec. 2 for a pot luck lunch and it would be a big drag if it rained on that. More of a bummer, IMO, would be rain on Walt's Birthday Dec. 5, when there is another MousePad meet.

Rain or shine, the show must go on. Keep positive thoughts.

zapppop
11-29-2001, 10:05 PM
Be prepared for rain.

innerSpaceman
11-29-2001, 10:30 PM
Thanks for that positive thought.

tabacco
11-30-2001, 12:54 AM
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USCA0027

Crazytigger
11-30-2001, 01:52 AM
Here is a good website:

www.acuweather.com

DLR zip code is 92801.
Sirry to say but they are saying rain on Sunday people.
It rained real hard and long yesterday.

zapppop
11-30-2001, 04:29 AM
I told ya.

Be prepared for rain.

Ace
12-01-2001, 09:07 PM
what's wrong with rain? do they close splash in the rain? I know they close alice.... thunder or matterhorn?

livinglighthouse
12-01-2001, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry it looks like rain tomorrow for you guys going, but I'm jazzed that it looks like its going to clear up for the whole time we will be down there. We are leaving at 5am Monday morning, we'll hit some rain along the way......pray that the Grapevine doesn't get snow! Looks like its clearning up though......ole Walt must have ordered some sunshine for his birthday! I'm so excited I can hardly wait......then we'll be down there for 4 days before we actually go to DLand, that should kill me. Hope all have fun tomorrow......after tomorrow I'm off and I'll be back in 10 days to tell you all how it was.

Ace
12-02-2001, 12:28 PM
which rides get closed if there's rain?

Julie
12-02-2001, 08:12 PM
Pretty much everything that is outside/or where part of the track it outside.

From what I've seen, it looks like the rain will be out of SoCal by Wednesday morning. :)