PDA

View Full Version : Indy ride and Haunted Mansion Holiday

cstephens
10-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Just some things we noticed last night.

The new snake on Indy is really spiffy. It looks much more real, less blocky, and its hood is bigger and more rounded. It also moves a bit more right before it attacks. I ended up being the driver last night, which I haven't been in quite some time. I love looking at the snake - from the far left side of the car, that is.

Also, when we got to Indy hanging from a rope, I always remembered backing up a bit before we ducked under the boulder. Didn't back up last night.

We haven't been on HMH since the special event, and we noticed a few subtle changes last night. Oogie Boogie no longer talks at the end of the sequence in the stretch room. You can hear the creepy kids singing again. I really like this way better because I like being able to hear them. They've also taken Oogie out of the end, where Sally is sitting in Little Leota's place. They had still had Oogie instead of Jack's voiceover, but Jack's back.

And I noticed something I haven't seen before so don't know if it's been there the last few years. In the attic, right after you see Oogie clashing his symbols, there's a little monkey near him dressed in a bride's outfit with a bouquet. Really weird and funny. I'll have to remember to look and get a better view next time.

Oh, and New Orleans Square has gotten most of their Christmas decorations.

SoCalSteven
10-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Also, when we got to Indy hanging from a rope, I always remembered backing up a bit before we ducked under the boulder. Didn't back up last night.
I hadn't noticed that before, but now that you mention it, we didn't back up either. Wierd...

TrekkieDad
10-29-2004, 04:26 PM
I hadn't noticed that before, but now that you mention it, we didn't back up either. Wierd...

Actually, the car itself never backs up. The tunnel and ceiling wall slides forward, giving the impression that the car is going in reverse. :geek:

SoCalSteven
10-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Actually, the car itself never backs up. The tunnel and ceiling wall slides forward, giving the impression that the car is going in reverse. :geek:
Yea, I know. SOmething about the ride system can't do reverse.

It is still unexplicably missing from the ride. Odd thing to get rid of... :confused:

JTSnowFan
10-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Sometimes the wall room breaks down, so it seems like nothing is happenening. I'm sure thats what happened last night. I do know that the room was down on Thursday, so maybe it wasnt working when you went through. But I was on it last night as well, and it was working (I made a point to look at the wall next to me, instead of the ball and Indy, just to see if the wall really does move). Sometimes when you are in the front, you dont get the effect as well as you would any other seat, because you can still see the tunnel in front of you and notice that you do not moved forward.

Oh yes, and I love the new snake too! It is pretty neat.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-30-2004, 02:03 PM

AWW MAN! I didn't want to know that! I thought we backed up. Darn it! Now I am going to have to look at the wall! :mad:

JTSnowFan
10-30-2004, 02:41 PM
The best way to see the wall move is to look down. That way you can see it moving relative to the floor. Its a pretty neat effect.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-31-2004, 08:23 AM
DH doesn't believe me! I am going to have to show him!

uvsc_wolverine
10-31-2004, 11:42 AM
That explains a lot. I was at DL Wed, Thu, and Fri this last week, and Indy seemed dark in general to me, but I know that the boulder effect wasn't working at all. The boulder wasn't even lit up!

Dlandmom
10-31-2004, 12:00 PM
Okay, I went on HMH for the first time this year this morning...it was cool, and I didn't even think about it being Halloween until we were in the stretching room and a bunch of people shouted Happy Halloween!

I'll have to go back and check out the earlier threads about the effects. I don't even know what's missing since this was my first time. Overall, it was really neat, and I can't wait to go on it again to catch more details.

SoCalSteven
10-31-2004, 09:59 PM
The boulder worked just right today.

Pilot Mickey
11-01-2004, 06:35 AM

i don't get how that works because it is pitch black in the room when you are backing up right? or you can just see indy, cause i know you can't see the bolder when you are backing up. It's funny, even though i know now how that room works i still duck evey time we duck under it :rolleyes: :D

cstephens
11-01-2004, 10:33 AM
I went on Indy again Sunday night, and the jeep backed up. Yippee!

Also went on Haunted Mansion Holiday again on Sunday night, and based on something someone said on another discussion forum, I did notice the Halloweentown band (I think that's who they are) in the portrait gallery and the hitchhiking ghosts in the ballroom scene. I'm glad the hitchhiking ghosts are still there. I was kinda sad that they'd been displaced by Oogie Boogie in the final scene, so nice to see that they're still around there somewhere.

sdfilmcritic
11-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Was the lights on the boulder working? I went on Indy several times last week and the lights weren't on. The strobe lights worked just fun, but not the spotlights.

cstephens
11-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Was the lights on the boulder working? I went on Indy several times last week and the lights weren't on. The strobe lights worked just fun, but not the spotlights.

Couldn't tell you. I haven't been on the ride enough times lately to notice the lighting.

splashmtngurl
11-01-2004, 03:16 PM
some things i have never expierienced on indy include the bug room. It worked when i was in 3rd grade, unfortunetly i cant really remember that trip. But the past few times i have been it hasnt been working. What was it like? i forgot.

Also i cant ever remember the snake working, when you went by it you could hear the sounds but it didnt move and if i remember right the snake was fairly unrealistic looking. I am happy to hear that its fixed, lets hope it stays that way untill my next trip....why was it broken in the first place? i hear they had to re-imagineer it so that it would work.

Hayley

P,S. I have never seen the skeleton dressed as mickey before, anyone have pics?

JTSnowFan
11-01-2004, 03:47 PM
some things i have never expierienced on indy include the bug room. It worked when i was in 3rd grade, unfortunetly i cant really remember that trip. But the past few times i have been it hasnt been working. What was it like? i forgot.

Also i cant ever remember the snake working, when you went by it you could hear the sounds but it didnt move and if i remember right the snake was fairly unrealistic looking. I am happy to hear that its fixed, lets hope it stays that way untill my next trip....why was it broken in the first place? i hear they had to re-imagineer it so that it would work.

Hayley

P,S. I have never seen the skeleton dressed as mickey before, anyone have pics?

They actually put in a new snake a few months ago. Its a lot more realistic than before. Its head turns and is really creepy. And as for Bones, the skeleton, yes, he's possibly the coolest "non-official hidden mickey" in the park. Its right when you get to the mummy chamber and turn left. Next time you go, check it out. Its hard to see him, but if you look closely, you might catch a glimpse. Oh and yes, the bug room works now (I actually cant remember it NOT working, but hey, every ride has its technical difficulties).

As for the spotlights on the boulder, they werent on today, probably because the boulder isnt working right now. It makes sense.

sdfilmcritic
11-01-2004, 06:41 PM
The bug room, for those who don't know what it is, would be the part of the ride when the car enters a dark hallway and the vehicle headlamps are "turned on" at two seperate occassions to reveal several oversized bugs and scorpions crawling on the walls.

As for Bones, yes he's there, but I'm having a hard time seeing him because the vehicle moves so quickly. I know theoratically where he's located, but trying to experience it is difficult. To those who haven't tried looking imaging sitting in a vehicle on the freeway or highway going about sixty to seventy miles per hour and looking over your left shoulder blind spot as the car turns a sharp right corner. For disorienting.