PDA

View Full Version : Anyone See Paul McCartney?

Pages : [1] 2

GrumpyUTboi
10-29-2004, 08:30 AM
Yesterday I was strolling down Main Street DL and I looked over to my left and there was Paul McCartney walking with his wife and kids. He was carrying his young one in one of those snugli type things. I could have reached out and touched his wife, I was that close. A couple next to me realized who it was and tried to go and talk to him and security told them that they couldn't talk to him. I causually continued to walk next to his family with my family and listen to the CM that was giving a tour. I noticed that so many people were staring at them and either he was used to people staring at him or he hid it really well. My kids saw Star Tours and decided to tha they wanted to go on that ride and we parted ways. We spent about 5 minutes walking next to him and it was pretty cool. He does look really old.

rentayenta
10-29-2004, 08:33 AM
He looks old because he is old ;) He seems like a cool dude.

How was your trip? How was the weather?

GrumpyUTboi
10-29-2004, 08:36 AM
Rent,

I mean he doesn't look like he does on TV. The makeup makes him look younger. The weather since Wed has been nice. We leave back to UT on Tues and it it supposed to get up to 78 on Tues. The nights are suprisingly cool.

rentayenta
10-29-2004, 08:46 AM
Rent,

I mean he doesn't look like he does on TV. The makeup makes him look younger. The weather since Wed has been nice. We leave back to UT on Tues and it it supposed to get up to 78 on Tues. The nights are suprisingly cool.

I didn't know you were still there, very cool! How was Vegas? It has been raining here everyday, all day. The high yesterdy was 44*.

Any new experiences or cool things at the house of The Mouse?

stan4d_steph
10-29-2004, 08:53 AM
Someone I know said she saw Bono and wife at DL last weekend.

D-lander 1956
10-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Yesterday I was strolling down Main Street DL and I looked over to my left and there was Paul McCartney walking with his wife and kids.

Oh man, I knew there had to be a reason I had an overwhelming urge to go to DL yesterday. . . I am an all out fan! :D Wish I would have gone now!

And, yes sadly all the old time rockers are getting old. . .us along with them! :crying:

Hope you had fun Paul and family :p

rentayenta
10-29-2004, 09:11 AM

That can't be true because Bono and I weren't there last weekend :p

Uncle Remus
10-29-2004, 08:44 PM
when i was in disneyland in march i saw the monkeys walking through the exit of Indiana Jones. Me and my friend kind of just shrugged it off for a second... then we were like "wait... what!" we should of ran after them and harrased them because there was no security in site.

D-lander 1956
10-30-2004, 08:43 AM
the monkeys

:confused: :confused: The monkeys!!?? :confused: :confused:

As in 1960's bubble gum group or as in hairy apes?? :~D

Uncle Remus
10-30-2004, 03:29 PM
:confused: :confused: The monkeys!!?? :confused: :confused:

As in 1960's bubble gum group or as in hairy apes?? :~D
Hairy apes!

I Heart Disneyland!
10-31-2004, 01:30 AM
OH MY GOSH! I would have LOVED to see Paul McCartney in person. Old or not, it would be such a cool thing to say "I SAW PAUL MC CARTNEY!" I knew Beatles songs before nursery rhymes.....I am so jealous!!! :(

Opus1guy
11-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Wow! That was pretty strange. Right as I opened this thread, the radio here at this coffee bar started playing Paul (I've Got A Feeling).

BTW...that wasn't the real Paul McCartney at Disneyland the other day. The real Paul McCartney is dead.

I buried Paul. ;)

Mark Goldhaber
11-01-2004, 08:50 PM
28IF ;)

leeharrell
11-02-2004, 05:22 AM

The new US magazine has photos of Bono, Ali, and their two sons on the teacups.

rentayenta
11-02-2004, 07:09 AM
The new US magazine has photos of Bono, Ali, and their two sons on the teacups.

Please stop killing my buzz, pics of Bono and his other wife are more than I can take ;)

missuniverse78
11-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Now I know this isn't nearly as impressive as seeing Paul McCartney, but I did see Brandy with her kids? on Saturday. They were in Fantasyland on the carousel. I don't think too many people actually noticed her.

GrumpyUTboi
11-02-2004, 07:43 PM
I noticed her, but Paul was more impressive.

RStar
11-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Yes, not much of a comparison! But I have seen stars from time-to-time, and it is a little exciting no mater who they are. My mom saw Sting there once.

the mad hatter
11-03-2004, 12:17 PM
My mom saw Sting there once.

:|

RStar
11-03-2004, 03:49 PM
:|

:confused: Don't like Sting?

:eek:

That's Ok, because I just realized-

It was Rod Stuart.

I always get the two confused.

Come to think of it, you don't see them together at the same party. I wonder....

the mad hatter
11-04-2004, 06:57 AM
It was Rod Stuart.

:| :|

Pammer
11-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Yesterday I was strolling down Main Street DL and I looked over to my left and there was Paul McCartney walking with his wife and kids.

My co-worker has a friend whose two sons and DIL works for Disney. I just found out that one of the sons was the lucky CM to check Paul into the DLH! The CM automatically asked for a credit card during check-in, and Paul replied that he didn't have one on him! The CM had to confirm with his Manager that Paul was good for it (apparently they just billed him)!

Then, when Paul and his wife needed a baby-sitter one evening during their visit, the DIL was the lucky one to do it! I thought it was pretty cool...

JTSnowFan
11-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Corey Feldman from "The Goonies" was there yestarday. I heard he was a total *bleep*. He was trying to cut the lines, telling the CMs that he was a celebrity and that they should let him cut because of it (Most rides have celebrity access areas, but you need like a DL tour guide or PA with you to access it. He didn't have one). Not very celebrity-like to me. (If I were a celeb, why would you want to bring more attention to yourself by making a scene??) And if he came to me, which I wish he would have, then I would have just said : Who are you? I still dont know who this guy is!!

Lani
11-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Holy Moses.

I think I would have fainted (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=5283&highlight=mccartney).

...of course fortunately, I would have looked at his new wife, and rolled my eyes, and that would have prevented me from hitting my head on the ground.

Lani
11-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Wow! That was pretty strange. Right as I opened this thread, the radio here at this coffee bar started playing Paul (I've Got A Feeling).Technically, that is a Beatles song. :D