PDA

View Full Version : Jewel of Orleans

SoCalSteven
10-29-2004, 12:10 AM
I never see much posted about the Jewel of Orleans. Probably one of the coolest shops in the park, staffed by some great people.

Of course, it's not exactly something everyone can afford...but there are some beautiful things in there.

FYI, if you go in there (tell them Steven sent you ;)), check out the diamond and sapphire cufflinks, but keep your hands off! They are mine! :D someday

IndianaJenn
10-29-2004, 08:28 AM
I love Jewel! I stop by every visit. I happily own a few pieces from the store.

The staff there is awesome. You can try on anything! Last week, my friend tried on a $45k diamond ring.

Andrew
10-29-2004, 08:35 AM
Ah yes, the sparkly store. Several MP staffers have purchased various baubles from that place (with our extravagant dot-com salaries) and the people there are just great.

cstephens
10-29-2004, 10:07 AM
We pop in there periodically to look at what they have and to convince our friends to buy them...

SoCalSteven
10-29-2004, 10:07 AM
I love Jewel! I stop by every visit. I happily own a few pieces from the store.

The staff there is awesome. You can try on anything! Last week, my friend tried on a $45k diamond ring.
Which one is that!? How did I miss that!?

I'm paying on my g/f's engagement ring from there. Such a beautiful piece (for a beautiful woman), and I can't wait to give it to her!

itig
10-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Yeah - where is this store? Is it tucked back the POTC exit?

SoCalSteven
10-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Yeah - where is this store? Is it tucked back the POTC exit?
Between the French Market and Cafe Orleans, across from the crystal shop in NOS.

CoasterChickie
10-29-2004, 10:46 AM
The colored gemstones...they call to me.

They have the most beautiful necklaces there.

I love looking at them and trying them on, but I've noticed that I start to move slowly toward the door like I'm about to make a quick get away with the diamonds. :~D It's so hard to take them off and hand them back!!

SoCalSteven
10-29-2004, 10:49 AM
The colored gemstones...they call to me.

They have the most beautiful necklaces there.

I love looking at them and trying them on, but I've noticed that I start to move slowly toward the door like I'm about to make a quick get away with the diamonds. :~D It's so hard to take them off and hand them back!!
So I guess they shouldn't let you look at one of the pieces outside under natural light. :p

soccerlady16
10-29-2004, 12:02 PM

I'm paying on my g/f's engagement ring from there. Such a beautiful piece (for a beautiful woman), and I can't wait to give it to her!

Lucky girl.

adriennek
10-29-2004, 12:15 PM
(with our extravagant dot-com salaries)

WAIT A MINUTE! You're getting an extravagent dot-com salary?? Where's my check???

Oh, uhm, Sparkly Store.

We adopted my solitare sapphire in a 6-prong platinum setting from the Sparkly Store. She came home to live with her twin sister in my wedding ring set.

The Sparkly Store is actually a contractor to Disney, not owned by the Disney Company. It's run by Dianne's Estate Jewelry of San Francisco. All the little treasures in there are Estate Jewelry.

I'm not a jewelry person at all (in that I don't normally spend money on jewelry) but I fell in love and they gave me a good deal. (Or they had the ring priced for a good deal, I should say.)

Adrienne

IndianaJenn
10-29-2004, 01:37 PM

The $45k one has a big heart shaped diamond. It's been there a while. It scares my husband that the people that work there all know me by name!

cstephens
10-29-2004, 01:40 PM
We were talking to someone in the store a while ago, and she mentioned that after you buy your first piece, you get 10% off any subsequent pieces. I hadn't heard that before. Anyone else?

IndianaJenn
10-29-2004, 01:42 PM
It is absolutely true. And also, if you live out of state and have the item shipped to you, you don't have to pay sales tax.

SoCalSteven
10-29-2004, 02:25 PM
The $45k one has a big heart shaped diamond. It's been there a while. It scares my husband that the people that work there all know me by name!
They know me too. They are awesome!

SoCalSteven
10-29-2004, 02:28 PM
We were talking to someone in the store a while ago, and she mentioned that after you buy your first piece, you get 10% off any subsequent pieces. I hadn't heard that before. Anyone else?
It is true.

AVP
10-30-2004, 07:57 PM
I wrote about the store (http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/mer010713.htm) a while ago. Some of the info has changed, but the basics are the same. Alex got married and moved to the Bay Area with his bride, so they hired a new store manager. Alex and Dianne make regular visits to the store, and the staff is as wonderful as always.

AVP

SoCalSteven
10-30-2004, 11:27 PM
I wrote about the store (http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/mer010713.htm) a while ago. Some of the info has changed, but the basics are the same. Alex got married and moved to the Bay Area with his bride, so they hired a new store manager. Alex and Dianne make regular visits to the store, and the staff is as wonderful as always.

AVP
Awesome article. Thanks.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-31-2004, 01:22 AM
I've not had the honor of making a purchase there, however, I do always peek around in there (and feel like I have no business being there!) and the staff is amazing. They never make you feel like you are in the diamond section at Tiffany's where you have no business even setting foot in their store! (No offense Tiffany.....I do have a few things from there!!) ;) Silver, of course!!