PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report - Day Two

twinmama1999
10-28-2004, 05:33 PM
We entered the park as it opened. Right past the gates there were some characters from Alice in Wonderland (Tweedle Dee and Dum, the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts). We stopped to try and get some pictures, as I was trying to take a picture of the Queen of Hearts, the Mad Hatter grabbed me and pulled me into a dance (there was a band playing), he really scared me, I screamed pretty loud. As we headed under the train bridge we spotted Goofy and the kids got their pic taken with him. We then saw Sleeping Beauty, my daughter was in awe, we stood in line to see her, I think my daughter was so shocked to see her in person that she was practically speechless, it brought tears to my eyes the way Sleeping Beauty spoke with her, it was amazing.

We then headed toward Fantasyland and rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Peter Pan and Dumbo (the lines were pretty light still, thank goodness, because on Saturday they were really long).

We started walking towards It's a Small World and as we approached we saw that there were three princesses there, I think my daughter nearly passed out. We saw Belle and Snow White. Sleeping Beauty was also there as well. Belle made comments about how my daughter looked like her friend Snow White (my daughter has very dark hair). I was really amazed about Snow White, she had a really high pitched voice, she was perfect.

We then headed to Tomorrowland and my son and dh took a ride on Space Orbiter, my son loved it, this was all he really wanted to do. We then went on Star Tours, my son loved it, my daughter was a bit scared.

We then started heading towards Toon Town and saw that Ariel was in her grotto area (not sure what's it's called) so we stood in line to see her.

We then contined our trek to Toon Town and checked out some stuff there, we also got pics with Donald Duck and Chip and Dale while we were there.

We got on the train at Toon Town station and headed to the main street station and to the exit as we wanted to DCA. As we went under the bridge towards the gates we saw Cinderella and my daughter stood in line to see her. Cinderella is her favourite princess, it was absolutely priceless, again I had tears in my eyes.

We entered DCA and headed to the Hollywood Backlot and took in the Aladdin show. It was awesome, even though there were some sound difficulties. The genie stole the show, he also saved the show when the sound went down. I absolutely loved this show.

My dh got a fastpass for Tower of Terror and then we headed to Taste Pilot's Grill, for lunch. The line was really long and those computers seemed to be confusing some people, the food was good and we actually shared two hamburgers and fries amongst the four of us.

We headed to Bug's Land. We went to It's Tough to be a Bug, big mistake, my kiddos lasted less than five minutes in that show, I should have listened to everyone on this board. Oh well, of what I saw of it, it looked like it was a pretty cool show. We took in all the other rides in that land as well.

After that we headed back to Tower of Terror so dh could ride it. He loved it. His smile when he walked out of the ride said it all.

We then went back to DL and got on the monorail to Downtown Disney. We walked into ESPN with high hopes of getting in and unbelievably we did even though the World Series was on. We ate an awesome dinner (I had the steak salad, it was awesome) and the server was great and then dh and my son went upstairs to play games and my daughter and I went shopping in Downtown Disney.

We then took the monorail back to DL and I think this was one of the highlights of our trip. We got to sit in the front of the monorail with the driver, my son was so happy, his face said it all. The driver even announced over the speakers that he had a co-pilot named Jacob and that he was going to help him get the monorail to DL. When we got to DL he announced again that Jacob did a great job helping him. Again, tears in my eyes. I'm such a sap. That was such a special moment.

We headed to New Orleans Square, I went on Pirate's by myself because no one else wanted to go and the kids and dh went to Tarzan's Treehouse and Jungle Cruise.

We then went back to the hotel at about 9:15 PM.

CarlieB
10-28-2004, 05:37 PM
We then took the monorail back to DL and I think this was one of the highlights of our trip. We got to sit in the front of the monorail with the driver, my son was so happy, his face said it all. The driver even announced over the speakers that he had a co-pilot named Jacob and that he was going to help him get the monorail to DL. When we got to DL he announced again that Jacob did a great job helping him. Again, tears in my eyes. I'm such a sap. That was such a special moment.

I loved this - this is what trips to DL are all about. Sounds like you guys had a great time - thanks for sharing:)