PDA

View Full Version : Have you tried out the Taste Pilot Grill's new ordering system?

CoasterChickie
10-28-2004, 04:58 PM
I cannot figure out why they implemented this system. It is so time consuming and an employee still has to stand there to wait on people when the computer program malfunctions. It took us 3 tries to get our order in the system because the first two times the computer wouldn't take our cash and make change. The third time we gave it our Visa debit card instead and it worked.

Anybody else had any good lucl/bad luck with it?

sami869
10-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Bad expierence here. I went with my little brother who insited that we use the stupid new machines because they were "cool". There was a long line for them even though there was an actual human being working the register (with no line at all) who kept saying that anyone who wanted to order through her and not the machines could do so. The machines themself are slow and so we the people in line in front of us. Never again!

itig
10-28-2004, 08:37 PM
A bit off topic, but is the food good at this place? How about the prices? We usually get a burger at the Bear restaurant (the real name escapes me at the moment) in DL. Lot's of food at a decent price.

CoasterChickie
10-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Taste Pilot's Grill is my favorite place to eat lunch in DCA. I love the popcorn chicen sald. It costs about $7 and is big enough for two people to share. They also have good burgers, fries, onion rings and milkshakes.

biolabetty
10-28-2004, 10:35 PM
We really enjoyed our burgers and fries at Taste Pilots. I like the condiment bar that was available since I like to use BBQ sauce on my burger. We did use the new system and both we, and the person in front of us had a difficult time getting a receipt from the machine. Without a receipt, you have no number unless you happen to remember the number you saw on the screen before it was supposed to start printing your receipt.

The cast member that was helping with the machines had to get a manager to get us a receipt and check out why the machine was not issuing receipts. It did seem that this system still has some bugs to work out, but I could see it working. However, I would not recommend this system for people who are uncomfortable with computers, I think they would find it frustrating. I still prefer a real live person to deal with.

DCAWhites
10-29-2004, 02:04 AM
Pretty intresting that they never asked us for ID or for us to sign a reciept... Is that the norm? This usually isn't how it goes at the live cm kiosk.

Anyways I thought the computers were ok, but I didn't like how it kept on asking if I wanted chili on my burger, chili fries, etc etc. I'm glad I can upgrade to onion rings easier though. Is it THAT hard to figure the system out though? Really shouldnt take more than a minute and 15 seconds if you are a group of two paying with credit card, even if you have an annual pass. I can understand if the machine wouldn't print reciepts or take cash though.

I also find the supermarket ones to be good, especially at wal mart. As long as you OBIDE by what the computer says to do you're fine.

Maus
10-29-2004, 07:13 PM
I found it very simple to use, but then I'm very used to using the machine at my local Ralph's supermarket. I like the fact that I can insert my AP to get the discount. I don't like the fact that they try to sell you all the "upgrades" but don't allow you to elimnate something like cheese on my burger.

Andrew
10-29-2004, 10:16 PM
You mean you can't even get a cheeseburger without cheese anymore?

Maus
10-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Nope, it's only Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger!

AVP
10-30-2004, 07:51 PM
You mean you can't even get a cheeseburger without cheese anymore?You actually can, (or at least I was able to - maybe it's changed?), but the process for modifying an item is not very intuitive. There's a "Modify" button on the right side of the screen, and it's just not very obvious.

AVP

Maus
10-30-2004, 10:10 PM
There's a "Modify" button on the right side of the screen, and it's just not very obvious.
Thanks, AVP. I didn't notice it but it's helpful to know.

rentayenta
10-31-2004, 09:07 AM
I hereby promise not to let my little angels enter our order if there are guests in line behind us if we use the machines at all. I probably will just order through a CM. I am eager to try Taste Pilot's and WhiteWater Snacks!

Wesley815
10-31-2004, 10:45 AM
Although I wish they posted a sign "Parents, please don't let your children order for themself". I saw two or three families the other day who would let their kids touch EVERY ITEM on the screen as if were a game, when in fact it just totally screwed up their order and a CM/lead had to help them.

Of course don't get me wrong, I totally understand if parents "help" their kids order by asking what they want or showing them the pictures of food and everything; but it's not touch screen toy... you are ordering food, buying a meal, *causing the line to almost backup out the door* by letting kids mess around with the system.

Overall I think it works ok to self order... however since Disney's attendance is made up of a huge diversity of guests, any type of computer system is going to be hard for everyone to understand.

Kitsune_SD
10-31-2004, 01:20 PM
I also find the supermarket ones to be good, especially at wal mart. As long as you OBIDE by what the computer says to do you're fine.

I always prefer to check out by machine, though I had an awful time on my most recent trip to Wal-Mart... problem #1 - I was getting a calendar that had 2 upc codes on the thing, one pre-printed on the calendar and one that was the actual Wal-Mart coded price (took a few swipes to get it to read the Wal-Mart upc only), someone should have thought to put the WM tag over the other... problem #2 - I was buying packets of Kool-Ade which were not heavy enough to trip the sensor under the bag, so the machine kept telling me to put my item in the bag when I had already done so!

sdfilmcritic
11-01-2004, 11:24 AM
A bit off topic, but is the food good at this place? How about the prices? We usually get a burger at the Bear restaurant (the real name escapes me at the moment) in DL. Lot's of food at a decent price.
Hungry Bear Restaurant and the burger at Taste Pilots reminded me of a cafeteria burger. The chili fries were awesome.

lynnspire
11-01-2004, 12:29 PM
I LOVE the automated system, mostly because they have pictures of what you are ordering. I prefer to know what the meal looks like before I order it. I don't know if I'm the only one who does this, but I am more likely to order something that is pictured in a menu, rather than something that is not pictured. I love ordering by picture. PORPS to the taste pilot system!!!

Saratoga75
11-01-2004, 04:42 PM
I also enjoy using the automated system, the times I have used it i've never had any problem. I thought it was very clear in its layout, and will use it again in the future.

cstephens
11-01-2004, 04:54 PM
I LOVE the automated system, mostly because they have pictures of what you are ordering. I prefer to know what the meal looks like before I order it. I don't know if I'm the only one who does this, but I am more likely to order something that is pictured in a menu, rather than something that is not pictured. I love ordering by picture. PORPS to the taste pilot system!!!

I love pictures too, but since I don't much care for the food at Taste Pilots, I doubt I'll get to try this system.

CoasterChickie
11-01-2004, 05:21 PM
I love pictures too, but since I don't much care for the food at Taste Pilots, I doubt I'll get to try this system.

The boards above the registers have pretty good descriptions of everything they sell. One place I don't want to see pictures of the food ahead of time is a sushi restaurant because they don't do the fish justice. However I do like cookbooks that have pictures with the recipes...I need all the help I can get!!! (LOL)