PDA

View Full Version : New Haunted Mansion Big Fig now Available!

Pages : [1] 2

SteveK
10-28-2004, 11:07 AM
I just got off the phone with the nice people at Delivears (800 362-4533) and they informed me that the Haunted Mansion Big Fig is now available at the Disneyana shop in Disneyland. Retail is $195. Not sure if it's in the World of Disney Store yet though. Now if they could just get the new e-ticket on the shelves I'd be a happy camper. Any idea when mouseshoppe will have the new e-ticket AVP?
-Steve

cstephens
10-28-2004, 11:10 AM
I just got off the phone with the nice people at Delivears (800 362-4533) and they informed me that the Haunted Mansion Big Fig is now available at the Disneyana shop in Disneyland. Retail is $195.

Wow, that's quite a bit more expensive than the Tiki Room or Splash. I wonder what kind of surprises it has. I'll be at the resort tonight so thanks for the heads up - I'll see if they still have any to look at.

Christiii
10-28-2004, 11:55 AM
I missed out on the Christopher Radko Haunted Mansion Holiday ornament...sold out the week before I was there. It was a limited edition of 500, and sold for $44..its now going for over $100 on ebay...sigh...guess timing is everything :rolleyes:

stan4d_steph
10-28-2004, 12:00 PM
I loved the Tiki Room big fig. I was very tempted to buy it. I can't wait to see some pictures of the HM version!

Kitsune_SD
10-28-2004, 05:50 PM
...I can't wait to see some pictures of the HM version!

Darkbeer? Got any pics yet?

Disney Vault
10-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Of all the rides I can think of, this is the one I would want a Big Fig of the most.

SoCalSteven
10-28-2004, 07:05 PM
That si so awesome! I'll have to check it out!

Mark Goldhaber
10-28-2004, 08:53 PM
Any idea when mouseshoppe will have the new e-ticket AVP?
Probably not until she returns from vacation.

cstephens
10-29-2004, 10:24 AM
I saw the big fig last night. They had display models up in Disneyana, Off the Page and World of Disney. The Disneyana one said that they were currently out of stock, and the World of Disney one didn't have any sign at all, so I don't know if they or Off the Page actually had any to sell.

While I do like the piece, and we do expect to get it, it's my least favorite of the three. It's basically a representation of the entire house, including the outside queue, the porch (minus the wheelchair ramp), trees around the front right and in the back, and a graveyard to the left. The graveyard has headstones, some of which are switches that turn on sounds like cackling, moaning, howling and bells that slowly play the first phrase of the HM theme. There's a gate in the front of the queue area, and the gate work and railings are pretty spiffy. There are lights that flash on and off in the upper windows.

We'll try to get pictures tomorrow if someone else hasn't already posted some.

SteveK
10-29-2004, 01:22 PM
^^
I went over at lunch today to see it was well. Not as "animated" of a look as the Tiki Room or Splash Mountain. Very much a clean copy of the actual building and surrounding grounds. Not a bad piece but not worth $195, especially when you consider Splash and Tiki are only $150.

They also now have the new e-ticket magazine in stock.

-Steve

cstephens
10-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Someone on another board mentioned that there are pictures up of the big fig in a discussion thread on doombuggies.com (http://p080.ezboard.com/fdisneyshauntedmansionfrm4.showMessage?topicID=189 2.topic). They are really nice pictures, showing a lot of the detail.

Disney Vault
10-29-2004, 11:38 PM
I dont want it anymore after seeing the pictures. It looks very cheap and not at all worth $195.

lisap
10-30-2004, 07:36 AM
Is it just me, or does the model look like it's made out of white chocolate.... :confused: Must be the lighting--or maybe I need breakfast.

rentayenta
10-30-2004, 08:08 AM
Is it just me, or does the model look like it's made out of white chocolate.... :confused: Must be the lighting--or maybe I need breakfast.

I thought the same thing. Sorta looks like a well detailed, spooky gingerbread house ;)

D-lander 1956
10-30-2004, 08:31 AM
^^^

I agree, I would expect it to be more greys, blacks and "dirty" looking as the Mansion should look.

Maybe this is the "Barbie version" . . . :~D

SoCalDude
10-30-2004, 08:58 AM
it looks cheap to me, not in price - but quality.

I am much more happy with my mini castle (http://maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=28665). They should have the same guy make these. If you consider they are both the same price but vastly different quality :confused:

Maybe the fact the HM building really does nothing for me has someting to do with it.. I dunno.

SteveK
10-30-2004, 09:13 AM

My daughter saw the picture and thought it was a neat looking cake. It does look better in person though.
-Steve

SoCalSteven
10-30-2004, 09:54 AM
Am I the only one who can't get to the picture? I'll have to check it out in person...

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
10-30-2004, 10:06 AM
Looks like a cake.

lisap
10-30-2004, 10:13 AM
It does look better in person though.

I'm sure it does. The coloring and texture looks off in the pics, but I've seen the other models in person and think they're very cool. :) Not something I have room for in my house, but cool all the same.

cstephens
10-30-2004, 10:25 PM
I am much more happy with my mini castle (http://maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=28665). They should have the same guy make these. If you consider they are both the same price but vastly different quality :confused:

Well, the big figs are much too big a scale for Oslewski (I can never spell his name) to make, and I would fully expect that the Haunted Mansion will be one of the pieces that his studios will release probably next year as part of the 50th anniversary.

Christiii
10-31-2004, 07:19 AM
it looks cheap to me, not in price - but quality.

Maybe the fact the HM building really does nothing for me has someting to do with it.. I dunno.
I have to agree..ive never collected thses..but thst castle is beautiful!! I bought the Haunted Mansion miniature model at the Character Warehouse for $12, and it doesnt lok much different than the big figure...it opens up, has little furniture and four sound cues. It doesn ave any landscaping..but the big fig landscaping doesnt look to impressive..My ansion has the same light coloring as the figure...I thought it should be darker too..but I guess if you really look at the building..it is that light..

cstephens
10-31-2004, 01:33 PM
We also have the toy mansion you speak of, and believe me, the big fig is very noticably different. Maybe it's just the lighting in the pictures. I'm not unhappy with the look of it, except for the trees to the right front, which I think are kinda weird. I'm just disappointed that it's not as "cool" as Tiki or Splash, imo. When a CM at Off The Page first mentioned that the mansion was being done, we were wondering how that was going to work because there's not anything especially cool about the outside. Most of the elements we know are from the inside. When they pulled elements to the outside of Splash, I was hoping they'd do the same thing with mansion. Even though they don't normally reside outside, I would have liked to have had some representations of the icons of the mansion.

SoCalSteven
10-31-2004, 10:19 PM
Saw it in person today. Not bad looking, but not worth my money.

mcampisi
11-01-2004, 07:29 AM
I am addicted to these things and I always seem to get the last one on the weekend they come out and that's without even knowing when they were put on sale! I am heading down there this Sunday most likely but I am afraid they will be out when I get there. I was wondering if anyone knows of any Disney sites that are selling these so I can just lock one up now, even for a small additional charge?

Normally I see the popular Disney fan sites selling smaller items like pins and mugs, so maybe this is too much to ask.