PDA

View Full Version : "rainy season"

kristinhawk
10-28-2004, 07:11 AM
I keep seeing people talk about the "rainy season" for DL. Being from Phoenix, where we hardly know what rain is it seems, could someone please enlighten me on when this is? We are headed to DL next week, rain or not, and we'll be prepared for anything whatever season it happens to be, but I am curious anyways...

Thanks!

duffman03
10-28-2004, 07:30 AM
Usually, rainy season in Southern California primarily hits in February and March, when it typically rains 7 - 8 days each month (LA usually has rain 25 -30 days per year).

Even then, only half of those are truly 'rainy' - the others are light drizzle.

But so far this month, we've been 'blessed' with rain that's been building up for the past 6 years and have had some days that have been pouring down in buckets. It's a rare occurrence and should not be an issue when you come next week. According to what I've seen, it should be nice next week.

On another positive note, even if it's pouring you can ride a lot of attractions multiple times with almost no wait time. The parks are usually pretty empty in the rain, so if you wear the right gear, you can still have a great time.

duffman03
10-28-2004, 07:31 AM
Wow, just noticed all the qualifiers I put into that response. I should be running for office.

kristinhawk
10-28-2004, 07:33 AM
Thanks! I was almost afraid to ask. We've done DL in the rain in Feb - it is a big chilly when wet, but if you can deal, you basically have the park to yourself! This time (next week) is for our daughter's 1st birthday, so I'd prefer nice weather, if I had a choice... But we'll have fun regardless. Thanks for the reassurance!

The old man
10-28-2004, 08:08 AM
It will not rain next week. When you say being from Phoenix you are not too familiar with rain haven't you heard of the monsoon season in the Arizona, and surrounding, deserts? The average yearly rainfall in Anaheim is less than twice Phoenix--and that ain't much.

David

kristinhawk
10-28-2004, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I am aware of the monsoon season in Arizona, living here and all. However, it's really not been all that monsoon-y the past few years. We definitely see more sunny, dry days than not. Though ironically, it is raining here today...

The old man
10-28-2004, 08:28 AM
Though ironically, it is raining here today...

That's the rain from here passing through to make you trip here next week clear. Expect highs in the low 70's and nights in the park around 60.

David

Andrew
10-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Wow, just noticed all the qualifiers I put into that response. I should be running for office.
Duffman03 for President! "He's no worse than anyone else!"