PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks music outside the park?

WizKidRyan
11-29-2001, 01:54 PM
I've heard that there is some place outside Disneyland that Disney pipes the music to the fireworks. Anyone know if such a place exists? Something like near a pool at one of the hotels.

TimBuk2
11-29-2001, 02:16 PM
I really doubt it. I've watched them from many places, and have not found it yet. The best outside viewing I've found is behind the Hotel at Ball & Disneyland Way (Across from the AM-PM). You can see all of the high ones, and most of the low ones. No music there.

Ghoulish Delight
11-29-2001, 03:10 PM
DTD just continues to play its regular soundtrack (general pop music type stuff, if I remember correctly). There are some decent viewing spots (save for some of the lowest stuff) in DTD.

innerSpaceman
11-29-2001, 03:30 PM
Never heard the music outside the Park, but great viewing is available from the top floor outdoor walkways of the Park View International on Harbor Blvd.

(i used to bring a boom box with a recording of Fantasy-in-the-Sky and get it perfectly synced up with the show, but those days are gone:crying: )

tabacco
11-29-2001, 03:31 PM
The Paradise Pier's pool area seems to have the music. I've heard it several times while on break at Downtown Disney during Believe.

JeffG
11-30-2001, 02:05 PM
After having dinner at PCH Grill a couple months ago, my wife and I and some other friends went up to the pool area of the Paradise Pier Hotel to watch the fireworks. They did play the music over the loud speakers in that area. As far as I know, this is the only place outside of the park where they pipe in the music.

The audio wasn't quite as perfectly synchronized with the booms of the fireworks as you get in the park, though. I suspect that the audio was not being delayed to take into account the additional distance that the fireworks booms had to travel.

-Jeff

tabacco
11-30-2001, 02:20 PM
I think they preferred that the actual flashes sync with the audio, rather than worrying about the booms. Curse those slow sound waves! :)

WizKidRyan
11-30-2001, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by JeffG
After having dinner at PCH Grill a couple months ago, my wife and I and some other friends went up to the pool area of the Paradise Pier Hotel to watch the fireworks. They did play the music over the loud speakers in that area. As far as I know, this is the only place outside of the park where they pipe in the music.

The audio wasn't quite as perfectly synchronized with the booms of the fireworks as you get in the park, though. I suspect that the audio was not being delayed to take into account the additional distance that the fireworks booms had to travel.

-Jeff

How good is the view from this area?

zapppop
11-30-2001, 02:59 PM
I don't think they would play the music outside. It wouldn't make sense.

ripplededge
11-30-2001, 07:39 PM
As far as viewing the pyrotechnics, I got you all beat.
The best place to stand is either on the 4th Floor of the TDA building (big yellow building on Ball Road), or right outside the TDA mailroom, by the parade buildings (N-18 & N-19), behind Toontown (backstage). Alas, these 2 areas are not for guests. Although The 6th level of Mickey & Friends Parking Structure is pretty cool too.
I would encourage no CM to try that, because I almost got hit by fallout a few times, that is why we stop all foot and vehicle traffic in that area.

Here is a story that actually happened during pyro's one night.
Well that day, somehow a popcorn machine exploded, so we took it backstage and put it in a warehouse. Well, that night when the pyro's were going off some fallout hit the warehouse and broke through the roof. The fallout then landed on the exploded popcorn machine, and exploded it again! We then retired that machine and threw it away off property.

I wouldn't be surprised if some person found it and it is sitting in their garage as we speak.

tabacco
11-30-2001, 07:50 PM
For CMs, I have another good spot to watch from. It's behind the gate that leads onstage right next to the Mad Hatter on Main Street, next to the Lincoln theater. There's a breakroom there you can grab chairs from. If you sit out next to the service road, you get a perfect view and clear audio, thanks the a speaker that's conveniently pointing backstage :)

LIMANDL4EVA
11-30-2001, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by WizKidRyan

How good is the view from this area?
yeah, because why would people come indside the park if they could see it with music without paying.
although, they should play the soundtrack in the esplanade (big are between the 2 parks) that would be nice

WizKidRyan
11-30-2001, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA

yeah, because why would people come indside the park if they could see it with music without paying.
although, they should play the soundtrack in the esplanade (big are between the 2 parks) that would be nice

If not that, *at least* in sunshine plaza of DCA. The show is awesome framed in the golden gate.

LIMANDL4EVA
11-30-2001, 09:54 PM
i havent yet seen it from the plaza, but i hear its good

WizKidRyan
11-30-2001, 10:31 PM
OK Mouseplanet field trip to the espanalade. Everyone bring boom boxes and get ready to sync up to the fireworks :)

LIMANDL4EVA
11-30-2001, 10:32 PM
hahahahahhaha, im on the floor rolling in laughter, i did that onfce, but it was in the PP hotel, it was soo much fun