PDA

View Full Version : Disney Family Holiday Party - Cast members

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

snappy
10-27-2004, 02:08 PM
Has anyone been to the Disneyland Holiday Cast Member Family Parties? This year they are on December 6th, and December 7th. One is Mix-In and the other is Private. What is the difference? I'm a (C.T) cast member, do I get to go?(mix in or private) Tickets will be available November 3rd, at the TDA office. Thanks...

bluepearl
10-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Those are SOOO fun!! On my first party, my friends and I got to ride Space Mountain with the lights on. We had so much fun and have such weird photos from the experience.

I'd definitely go to the private party; I love the feeling of being exclusive ;) . The private parties are held after the park closes; and Disneyland generally closes around 6PM for the day's guests. And then the CMs and their families get in around 8PM. There's also a toy drive, so try and bring something for that.

You shouldn't have any problems getting tickets to the event.

Andrew
10-27-2004, 03:03 PM
"Mix-in" means that although the park entrance will be closed, guests already in the park at official closing time will be permitted to stay through the party. They can be a lot of fun!

BradysGirl
10-27-2004, 03:25 PM
"Mix-in" means that although the park entrance will be closed, guests already in the park at official closing time will be permitted to stay through the party. They can be a lot of fun!

Oh! I want to be there!!! Which one is the "mix-in"? :fez:

bluepearl
10-27-2004, 03:32 PM
As I understood it, the "mix-in" parties were held during regular park operating hours, but that there were certain areas where you could pick up your ornament and purchase cast-exclusive merchandise.

Another fun thing is that the CMs that are working that night are usually kick-back. The downside to that is sometimes there can be people who are really rude... I've read some past posts where CMs would be really mean to the ones working.

DCAWhites
10-27-2004, 03:35 PM
Actually....
The mix ins for the christmas party are on 2 sundays 1 and 2 weeks before the private party, both in late november. The private party happens on monday and tuesday. They are definately not the same day, and guests are definately not in the private party, just cms and their guest(s). Don't know if they'll go by dependency numbers (like most cm screenings of movies, just one guest if you don't have dependents) or by main gate pass numbers (3 guests per cm, like tower of terror, but not snow white's preview). Last year it was just one guest, or both parents.

Its real fun at the private party. Starts at 7:30pm, 90 mins after disneyland closes. Runs past midnight. They offer most attractions (ones like innoventions and main street vehicles get cut out) and the "A Christmas Fantasy" parade. It is a really slow night crowd wise, last year the only lines were at the holiday themed attractions. They offer a 35% discount on food, with most places open (ie rancho del zocalo, redd rockets, club buzz, french market, etc). They also have a merchandise sale.

Cast member parties can also be really fun to work! They let you slide a TON and you can do stuff like go for lunch onstage and ride attractions on your breaks since most of the guests are cast members. You can work one night and get the other off, or somehow get someone to use their ticket on you and go both nights! You also get a christmas ornament and a polaroid of you and a character.

The mix in gives you tickets to the park without having to use your main gate pass. There are free character photos in the park, and you might get extra discounts on food.

Opus1guy
10-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Ahh...Cast Holiday Parties. I remember the good old days when Eisner and Katzenberg were standing side by side in their red-striped Coke Corner costumes, laughing and kidding with each other as they served the Cast Members weenies...just like good pals working together would do.

Just a couple of friends and top Disney executives (who both happened to be Jewish) wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. :)

How times have changed.

itig
10-27-2004, 04:39 PM
I'll be down at DLR on the 6th and 7th. Do you have to be out by 6:00 or can you meander a bit? Do the rides close at 6pm sharp? Just want to get the most out of each day...

DCAWhites
10-27-2004, 08:22 PM
When have the rides NOT closed promptly at park closing time??? Unfortunately I usually see them closing shop a few minutes early....

I think main street might be open for an extra hour (if that), but beyond that they probably will do a hard close, thats when security does their park wide sweep right away, instead of waiting till no one is around.

gr8onesgir1
10-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Actually, mix-ins means that the christmas party is held during park operating hours. The party is over when the park closes. I never go to mix ins. I prefer the private party just because the park isn't packed and you can do a lot more. I'm just happy the private party is held at Disneyland and not at DCA. I would hate to be working one while others are having fun. Don't get me wrong, I still my like my DCA but I don't want to be working till like midnight.

JTSnowFan
10-27-2004, 08:50 PM
So can someone explain to me: How much are tickets to this and when will they begin to sell? When are the party dates (I've read 2 different things in this very forum)? And any more stories anyone has to share would be great as well!

gr8onesgir1
10-27-2004, 08:53 PM
The tickets are free, but of course you have to be a cm. But the only downside of it, depending on your dependency is how tickets you get. For me, I only get one extra ticket. The dates haven't been announced yet.

JTSnowFan
10-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Ok, thanks! I'll be sure to check back for the dates (and yes, I'm a CM!).

itig
10-28-2004, 08:45 AM
When have the rides NOT closed promptly at park closing time??? Unfortunately I usually see them closing shop a few minutes early....

I think main street might be open for an extra hour (if that), but beyond that they probably will do a hard close, thats when security does their park wide sweep right away, instead of waiting till no one is around.

umm...that's why I was asking. I didn't know if they closed the rides promptly at closing.

thanks.

sediment
10-28-2004, 09:12 AM
The name sounds Jewish, but I don't think that Eisner is. I read that here, so take it for what that's worth.

cstephens
10-28-2004, 10:59 AM
When have the rides NOT closed promptly at park closing time???

Actually, in my experience, if you're in a particular line by closing time, they keep it open for as long as it takes to get through the existing line. I remember doing that on Space Mountain a lot - as long as we got there by midnight, we could ride, even if there was a line. And then there was the opening of Rocket Rods when the line extended so far that the park was actually open until 2am or something like that because it took that long to get through the line. The rest of the attractions closed at midnight and the shops on Main Street closed subsequently, but they didn't actually kick everyone out of the park until they'd gone through the line.

sediment
10-28-2004, 11:51 AM
I've been. A couple of years ago they had the lights on in Space Mountain.
It was a lot scarier, since you could see the cracks in the foundation and the frame and the rails.
Yes, I'm joking about it being scarier.

paulca
10-28-2004, 12:20 PM
the mix in parties are Nov 21 and 28th and the private parties are dec 6 and 7. What kind of ornament do cast members get? This will be my first party as a CM . i am at DCA

snappy
10-28-2004, 12:41 PM
We can begin picking up our tickets on November 3rd. Do we get tickets to both the mix in and private??? Someone help. THanks fellow cast members

bluepearl
10-28-2004, 01:36 PM
snappy: You can only get tickets for one date. If you decide to change your mind and go on a different date, you may be able to exchange your tickets, depending on the availability.

paulca: The last two years the ornaments have been glass with the year's logo on it. My first year it was a white (thin) glass ornament with Goofy strung up with Christmas lights. Last year it was Mickey and Minnie in ice-skating garb.

I've heard that in past years, the ornaments have been kinda cheap in quality. You know, those old-school ornaments that were a ball with string threaded up and down. Hard to explain.

Unfortunately, this year I have to rely on someone else to get into the party.

Opus1guy
10-28-2004, 02:13 PM
sediment writes:
The name sounds Jewish, but I don't think that Eisner is. I read that here, so take it for what that's worth.

Not worth very much I'm afraid. ;) He is Jewish. And he and his family are proud benefactors to many Jewish causes, charities and institutions. Here's just one:

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID10014610.asp

sediment
10-28-2004, 02:24 PM
I'll never believe anything ever again.
Especially after I Yahoo!ed "Eisner" and "Jewish." So much hate in the world.

rentayenta
10-28-2004, 07:45 PM
Ahh...Cast Holiday Parties. I remember the good old days when Eisner and Katzenberg were standing side by side in their red-striped Coke Corner costumes, laughing and kidding with each other as they served the Cast Members weenies...just like good pals working together would do.

Just a couple of friends and top Disney executives (who both happened to be Jewish) wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. :)

How times have changed.

I'm Jewish and I wish people Merry Christmas, but not while handing out weenies ;)

Opus1guy
10-28-2004, 10:49 PM
I'm Jewish and I wish people Merry Christmas, but not while handing out weenies ;)

And I don't think those tube-steaks they were passing out were Hebrew Nationals, either! ;)

I always wondered if one of them looked at the other at some point that evening and said, "What the heck are we doing here?" :)

DCAWhites
10-29-2004, 01:58 AM
Actually, in my experience, if you're in a particular line by closing time, they keep it open for as long as it takes to get through the existing line. I remember doing that on Space Mountain a lot - as long as we got there by midnight, we could ride, even if there was a line. And then there was the opening of Rocket Rods when the line extended so far that the park was actually open until 2am or something like that because it took that long to get through the line. The rest of the attractions closed at midnight and the shops on Main Street closed subsequently, but they didn't actually kick everyone out of the park until they'd gone through the line.

Yes this is definately true, I was stating that the gates to the entrance of all the rides shut promptly, but if you are in line you're usually safe unless the ride goes 101, then you'll get kicked out. I can see how you might have confused what I said in my post, its a tad unclear. Usually the only rides with lines at closing time in general, in my experience are autopia, splash mountain, peter pan, and space mountain. This depends on operating hours and crowds and scheduling of course.

I know at DCA, where I work, the parade being at 8pm means that paradise peir doesn't get cleared until like 8:50. Pretty crazy, huh. Some people don't seem to get the hint when everything is closed and they're the only ones there...