PDA

View Full Version : FastPasses - Yay or Nay?

MCComposer
10-26-2004, 10:42 PM
The last thread i posted sort of became a discussion of this so I decided to make a new thread.

Do you like Fastpasses?

I personally think that Fastpasses are a great idea. You have to know when to use them and when to wait in line; you've got to utilize the FastPass without using it exclusively. I can see that there are some hardcore FastPass haters. What do you think?

SoCalSteven
10-26-2004, 10:47 PM
I love the benefit of using the FastPass, but I hate standing in one place in the standby line while hundreds of people cut in front of me.

I think Disneyland could do without FastPass. It hasn't seemed to have caused much trouble over at DCA.

CoasterChickie
10-26-2004, 11:05 PM
I love the fast passes. I think they are totally fair to everyone since anyone can get one. I figure if someone has gone through the trouble of going out of his way to get a fast pass, spent an hour wandering around , then comes all the way back he has earned a spot at the front of the line. Either way you're both waiting about the same amount of time if the lines are long.

SoCalDude
10-27-2004, 12:03 AM
I like to get a fast pass then wait in line for the ride - most of the time when I get off my fast pass is valid so I can get on the ride again in just a few minutes.

ModHatter
10-27-2004, 12:12 AM
I like FP, but there are two things I would work on.

1) Your window is strictly enforced. I have heard the stories about abusing the system and using your noon-1 pass any old time after noon. That's not how the system should work.

2) If you have a FP for, say, noon-1, you should be able to get FPs for other rides, provided they do not coincide with your other FPs.

In fact, there should be kiosks where you can book your FPs based on availability. PotC at noon, HM at 1, Splash at 2, all FPed from one place. However, there will be certain rules, like you can only FP a ride once per day, and you can only FP X amount of hours ahead, so that people coming to the park later in the day have a fair chance to get passes.

Surfingstitch
10-27-2004, 08:05 AM
I love the fast passes. I think they are totally fair to everyone since anyone can get one. I figure if someone has gone through the trouble of going out of his way to get a fast pass, spent an hour wandering around , then comes all the way back he has earned a spot at the front of the line. Either way you're both waiting about the same amount of time if the lines are long.

I agree. That is how I get to spend time in the park doing other things.

One time we went to the park and went on splash mountain 5 times because we had a fastpass and stood in standby 4 four times.

sediment
10-28-2004, 09:09 AM
I don't like FastPass. Takes the queue story away. Takes away the socializing which can be the best part of the trip. (See Kevin Yee's article a few weeks back on miceage for my exact sediments, er sentiments).

If it is to be kept, then I suggest it be made available only for non-AP guests.

The old man
10-28-2004, 09:17 AM
Takes away the socializing which can be the best part of the trip.

Boy, one hour of socializing is a little much for me. FP forever!

David

sediment
10-28-2004, 09:18 AM
Maybe you're too old to remember the type of socializing I'm referring to. The type that makes us cringe now and shield our litte ones' eyes.

DISNEYloon
10-28-2004, 09:30 AM
I like to get a fast pass then wait in line for the ride - most of the time when I get off my fast pass is valid so I can get on the ride again in just a few minutes.

Excellent Idea! I'll try that one out!

Pirate Bill
10-28-2004, 09:45 AM
Excellent Idea! I'll try that one out!
It actually works quite well, although people do tend to look at you in a weird way when there is a 5 min wait on Indiana Jones and you're getting a fastpass. So yes, try that, then jump on the ride... use your fast pass later in the day. Early on, you can run around to collect lots of fast passes, but still use the standby lines. Then after lunch/dinner/whenever, ride 'em all again.

Flame me all you want, but I didn't make the rules. :D

HorizonsA
10-28-2004, 10:03 AM
I think the only attractions that really need Fastpass are Splash Mountain, Space Mountain (when it opens), Tower of Terror, Soarin' Over California, and Grizzly River Run (put only during summer).

Haunted Mansion (regular...Maybe Haunted Mansion Holiday needs it), Pirates, Star Tours, Autopia, Pooh and Indiana Jones really don't need it. Sometimes the line for Pirates will be five minutes long and I'll see people getting Fastpasses anyway. Is five minutes really that long. The line for that attraction is always shhort and rarely gets above 25 minutes.

I find Splash Mountain Fastpasses really useful. That line is always 2 hours long, so Fastapass is a good idea.

SallySkellington
10-28-2004, 04:42 PM
Yea for Fastpass!

Disneyfreak
10-28-2004, 05:23 PM
I like using them but I feel that they have more negative attributes then positive ones. I feel that they need to be reduced or taken away.

RemainSeatedPlease
10-28-2004, 05:36 PM
We like to collect a bunch of tickets in the morning and then use them later in the day like PirateBill says, Right On Fastpass!...But I still remember when it was brand new and when you were walking in the fastpass line people would give you dirty looks, almost like you were cutting or look like the want to know how to get to our line....

TempoNZ
10-28-2004, 05:40 PM
I really like Fastpass and it has added to the whole Disney experiance for me. It means when i head to a park i know I am not going to have to wait in line for 90 mintes just for one ride. I'm not big on queues and the less i have to stand ithem the better. Certainly I have met some great people in lines but at the end of the day I didn't come to the park to stand in a line. By using fastpass I know I will be able to get to go on 1 or 2 "headliners" and still have time to walk around the park, enjoy a bi of shopping and go on a few minor rides. Without fastpass he "free" time is taken up whch means everyhing is a bit more rushed which surely is nto the point of a holiday?

sediment
10-28-2004, 05:44 PM
You'd like my idea then Kiwi-dude, if I were in charge and forced to keep FastPass.