PDA

View Full Version : Election day crowds?

LoveDL
10-25-2004, 04:28 PM
We will be at DL on election day, just wondering if anyone else has been and if the crowds are light? I planned ahead and did an absentee ballot when I realized we would be gone on that day.
Dawn, 5 days, 9hrs left on the ticker for DL :)

Wendi
10-25-2004, 05:38 PM
I've got 5d:14h:24m:25s left... can't wait!!! Absentee here too... I haven't been there at this time of year before though. I don't think we'll see crowds just based on the season, part of the reason I like going in the fall (the weather should be perfect too!)

LoveDL
10-25-2004, 05:55 PM
We always go the first week of Nov. and there never is any crowds. I was just hoping that there would be even less crowds d/t voting, getting greedy I guess :D . Wendi are you leaving on the 5th? Last year we did a 6 day trip, the last day was the first day of the Christmas fireworks and snow, the park was SO crowded, I couldn't believe it, the lines to get into both parks that night almost ran into each other. We could hardly move in the park.
Looks like you are just a few hours behind us for the trip. I will be looking at the weather daily now that we are close enough.
Last year we were in the parade, yeah, they saw the 6 of us, each with our own character headband on(even dh, he wears goofy's, only at DL!), all in DL clothes rushing for the Matterhorn. They asked us and dh and I are like OH YES!, the kids were like, "uh, how long will this take because we only have a little bit of time to ride the Matterhorn!". I told them, "look at your father, he is in heaven, do this for him", and we had a great time! They loved it. Dh was very sore the next day from all the leaps he was doing :) .
Have a safe and GREAT trip!
Dawn

My2kidsrule
10-25-2004, 06:48 PM
My family and I are driving in on election day. Since we work at a newspaper, my wife and I found it fitting that on a day when the country is going to be a mess, we should be at the happiest place on earth.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Election day will be the first day of our trip, we get in late Monday night.
Wendi is leaving on the 6th, she wants to be there for the holiday decorations. I know this because we are going with her. LOL

Disneygirl65
10-25-2004, 10:00 PM
There will be less crowds due to the fact the democrats will be mourning the late John Kerry... just having fun..... don't hit me. Back to the thread.....

AliciasMom
10-26-2004, 07:46 AM
I was actually debating whether or not to go to the park on election day. I know I have to be out of the house or else I will be glued to the TV all day cheering or yelling and I don't feel like reliving the 2000 election all over again.

scrapandi
10-26-2004, 08:15 AM
I will be there on election day as well. OCT. 30 thru NOv. 3 ,did the absentee vote. I will be calling my cousin for updates though!