PDA

View Full Version : *Hi!* and Series of Questions!LOL ;)

Cinderellariel Beauty
10-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Hi everyone! :)

This is my FIRST post! *Yay!!!* ;D Anyhoo, I had a question for all of you DL 'pros.' ;) hehe. (Well, maybe more than one...hehe) I'm visiting the park this December during the holiday season *yay again* LOL and would really like to participate in a few character dining experiences: specifically, Ariel's Grotto and the Plaza Inn Breakfast.
I know there have already been a few threads on this topic, but seeing as how they are kinda "scattered" at the moment, LOL I thought I'd give it a try. :) hehe.
I know that there is talk the PI breakfast will soon change over to the princesses, but I was wondering when is a good time to make a reservation and also, if you tell them it is your birthday, do they do anything special? Or is that only involved when you pay for an extra 'package' or something. *I'm going for my birthday present. ;)* As for Ariel's Grotto, has anyone eaten there recently? What were your thoughts regarding the food, character interaction, price, etc...I'm still waiting to find a MENU for this place! LOL :)
Also, I know a lot of people have been discussing the various holiday tours and the dessert buffet at Fantasmic! I've seen Fantasmic! before, *love it!* but was wondering which of these two things people would choose over the other if given the choice and why?
AND FINALLY, to end my ever-long series of questions *LOL* I know the characters are 'scattered' throughout the park at various times of the day, and the princessess and Pooh characters are fairly easy to locate, but one 'pair' of characters I have yet to meet and absolutely HAVE to *LOL* is Peter Pan and Wendy!! Any tips/info on how to do this? LOL I thought I remembered someone mentioning that the Park added a mini character-spotting 'guide' to the programs, or that CMs at City Hall may be helpful in assistance in this department, and so on...!?!? LOL ANY help would be greatly appreciated! :)

WOW! That was a pretty long first post! LOL Sorry ;) Thank you to everyone who takes the time to reply. :)

*P.S.~ I wonder if they are any rules about 'getting to know' Peter Pan...LOL I know people have said they've asked CMs out before, but I'm not exactly that bold...hehe. He's just so cute! LOL ;)

"A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes..." ;)

Wendi
10-24-2004, 08:10 PM
I know that there is talk the PI breakfast will soon change over to the princesses, but I was wondering when is a good time to make a reservation and also, if you tell them it is your birthday, do they do anything special? Or is that only involved when you pay for an extra 'package' or something. *I'm going for my birthday present. *

Apparently the princesses are already in residence at Plaza Inn. You can order an "extra" Birthday Bucket (pretty cool) or Birthday Bag. The CMs will sing when they present it to you.

As for Ariel's Grotto, has anyone eaten there recently? What were your thoughts regarding the food, character interaction, price, etc...I'm still waiting to find a MENU for this place! LOL

Haven't eaten there yet, but I've got a lunch for 35 booked for Friday, November 5th, so I'll let you know when I get back. You can find the menu at www.colddeadfish.net

Also, I know a lot of people have been discussing the various holiday tours and the dessert buffet at Fantasmic! I've seen Fantasmic! before, *love it!* but was wondering which of these two things people would choose over the other if given the choice and why?

I haven't done the dessert buffet or the tour, but I think I'd opt for the tour... the buffet seems pretty expensive to me, but I guess that's all subjective. Check your dates to make sure F! is running during your trip, it may still be down (Columbia is in refurb currently).

AND FINALLY, to end my ever-long series of questions *LOL* I know the characters are 'scattered' throughout the park at various times of the day, and the princessess and Pooh characters are fairly easy to locate, but one 'pair' of characters I have yet to meet and absolutely HAVE to *LOL* is Peter Pan and Wendy!! Any tips/info on how to do this? LOL I thought I remembered someone mentioning that the Park added a mini character-spotting 'guide' to the programs, or that CMs at City Hall may be helpful in assistance in this department, and so on...!?!? LOL ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

I think you can ask a CM if those characters are scheduled to appear in the park and get the place and time.

cstephens
10-25-2004, 10:39 AM
I know that there is talk the PI breakfast will soon change over to the princesses, but I was wondering when is a good time to make a reservation and also, if you tell them it is your birthday, do they do anything special? Or is that only involved when you pay for an extra 'package' or something. *I'm going for my birthday present. ;)* As for Ariel's Grotto, has anyone eaten there recently? What were your thoughts regarding the food, character interaction, price, etc...I'm still waiting to find a MENU for this place! LOL :)

They don't do anything special for your birthday at the Plaza Inn breakfast, but there are other things that you can do for your birthday at the resort. I have a birthday page posted (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html) with information that you might find helpful.

I've got a lunch review of Ariel's Grotto posted (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrrests/arielsgrotto011903.html), and as Wendi mentioned, I've got both the lunch menu (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrrests/arielsgrottolunchmenu.html) and the dinner menu (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrrests/arielsgrottodinnermenu.html) posted, both of which are accurate as of this past April.

Have a great trip.

10-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Hi and welcome Cindarellariel Beauty! Don't forget to introduce yourself in the forum called Lounge. The introductions thread is at the top of the page.