PDA

View Full Version : Does the TOT facade fit the inside decore?

redgryphen
10-24-2004, 01:48 PM
When compaired to the inside of TOT does its facade seem too new looking?

I think that they should have made the facade look older and more rundown then it is now. It need more mold and spider webs on the outside walls. And I also think that the neon "hotel" sign should flicker when lit up at night. It would give the impression that the hotel isn't as new as it seems to be.

AaronInCal
10-24-2004, 02:22 PM
I would bet they just won't paint the outside of the Tower any time soon to let it look old and run-down naturally over time. About the neon sign, the "W" in the word Tower does flicker, and the 3rd "O" in Hollywood is not lit. But if you watch the sign long enough, that "O" will flicker on, and the entire sign will then flicker very bright, then dim way down, then go back to normal. A nice touch geeks like me might only notice. :D Also the purple lighting will change a bit to greens and "shimmer" a bit. It's really pretty cool and gives the building a kind of eerieness at night. Check it out if you aren't afraid to look strange staring at the building for a long time. This seems to happen every 10 minutes or so, but I have not timed it..

Hakuna Makarla
10-24-2004, 02:31 PM
I think they did a grand job on it and I love the purples and flickering lights!

Little tod
10-24-2004, 09:19 PM
I saw pictures (from this very site, mind you) of lightning striking the sign opening night and it was an incredible effect. I think the facade is well done, but I wish I could put an accent mark in facade.

Disneyfreak
10-24-2004, 09:22 PM
I agree that it needs to be aged.

DCACM
10-24-2004, 10:17 PM
I'm ok with the condition of the exterior, its the interior I don't like. The lobby is way too bright and shiny. I'd also prefer more realistic lighting in the boiler room to the current cartoonish, colored lighting design. My two cents.

10-25-2004, 05:19 AM
I wish I could put an accent mark in facade.

On your keyboard, activate Num Lock
Holding down the Alt key, type 135 on the number pad. That gets you the ç for façade.