PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays at Disneyland

mikala
10-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Hello

Haven't been on here a while, but see lots is going on. Wondering if anyone has ever had the birthday celebration at the Plaza Inn, and if so can someone give me some insight...what to expect?

Also in all our days at Disneyland, we have never eaten at Storytellers before.
Info?

Thje scenario is that we are having a weekend celebration at the park for my niece who is turning one in November. Our celebration will take place the weekend prior to Thanksgiving (11/18-11/22). I have 28 people including a few kids for the party at Plaza Inn on 11/20, and a luncheon at ST Cafe for about 35 including a few kids on 11/21. Everyone is staying at the same hotel, and while the general schedule will vary according to everyone, my husband and I scheduled these two specifics to happen. I am extremely pleased with and impressed by the Dining Lead that I am dealing with. I even asked to print out our own menu for the ST Cafe, so that everyone wouldn't have free reign of choices, appetizers, etc. We selected 5 items off the menu for regular people, and 5 choices for children. They have been extremely accomodating. Since this is on our dollar, just wanted to get other opinions.

Also our selected hotel is at the newer Holiday Inn on Manchester. They also were great about no charge for parking, and group rates. You would think so since we have 28 room nights needed. We normally love Crowne Plaza always, but they were not accomodating about anything....Thanks in advance for the advice. :)

kristinhawk
10-24-2004, 03:02 PM
We're actually going to celebrate my DD's first birthday 11/3-7! Though our group is not as large - only 8 of us. We'll be celebrating with a birthday lunch at Goofy's Kitchen, area all staying at Staybridge Suites - they have really nice 2-bedroom suites, btw. Tip - they hand out birthday buttons and/or stickers at guest relations on Main street, which get you lots of treats and attention from staff and characters throughout the day.

Hope you have a great time!

Niwel
10-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Here's the info on the Plaza Inn :

"My Disneyland Birthday Party" at the Plaza Inn, Featuring a Guest Appearance by Mickey and Minnie - Spend your birthday with laughter and music, fun-filled cake decorating, plus a special guest appearance by Mickey and Minnie Mouse. The party starts with zany host and baker Pat E. Cake at "My Disneyland Birthday Party" at the Plaza Inn. For information and pricing call (714) 781-DINE.

mikala
10-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the responses. My Dining person already mailed me her birthday button. Came yesterday. It shall be fun. Hope you also have a wonderful time.

Thanks

heidiwhr
10-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the responses. My Dining person already mailed me her birthday button. Came yesterday.
You already got one? I thought you could only get them in person? I'd love to get one for my son ahead of time. Thanks for any info you can give!

Wendi
10-25-2004, 03:57 PM
We did a big 1st Birthday celebration 2 years ago at Storyteller's for about 10 babies and our families. We had about the same number of guests as you. It was one of the best experiences ever. At that time they didn't have the birthday party available in the park, so we just made our own plans with the Storyteller's manager. The staff was so wonderful, they gave us a special menu and even gave us better prices when the original plan was a bit too high. It was fantastic, I'm sure your visit will be just as enjoyable. We are having a 3rd Birthday lunch at Ariels in just over a week for 35 people... I can't wait!!!

MrsPooh
10-26-2004, 10:43 AM
I just did the Plaza Inn birthday in August for my birthday. We had a lot of fun. Pat E. Cake is wonderful, he sings and tells jokes and such. They give you undecorated mickey shaped cakes with three colors of frosting and three kinds of sprinkles to decorate them (they are individual size.) You get punch in a souvenier cup, and there are additional birthday items you can get at the Plaza Inn birthday cart outside. I got the Mickey Mouse birthday pin and the matching frame.

Mickey and Minnie make an appearance, they also do a "conga line" with the guests, and you can line up for pics with them. The DL photographer takes pics that you can purchase.

We signed up for the party when we entered the park, I think there are two seatings. We also pre-paid, it was $10 per person for the party. I don't know if you can get reservations ahead of time, we didn't try.

It was great, I would recommend it to everyone, including adults! As long as you have a child-like spirit (and what DL freak doesn't?) you should be fine!

Have a great time!

Oh, and you get a birthday sticker at the party. I had gotten mine earlier at City Hall, but it was great to have another one for when I changed into warmer clothes for the evening! :)

KC

wenderella
10-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Be sure to have your camera and camcorders ready. Happiest birthday on Earth at Plaza Inn is something to remember. You'll have a great time! Defininetly worth going. Have fun!

tlovesdis
10-26-2004, 11:41 AM
I can't wait! I am celebrating my 36th birthday while at Disneyland December 4-8 and I made reservations for our party of 8 to celebrate my birthday there! I have heard wonderful things about it!!!

heidiwhr
10-30-2004, 11:38 AM
After much debating, I finally booked the B-day party at the Plaza Inn for my son. He turns 3 on Nov. 9, and we will be at DL Nov. 8-10 (leaving at noon on the 10th). We already have a b-day breakfast at the PCH Grill (with Stitch - one of his faves) on the 9th, a b-day dinner at Goofy's kitchen (with Goofy - another of his faves) on the 9th, so we opted to book the party at the Plaza Inn on the 8th. It's not his actual b-day, but the whole trip is for his b-day anyway. While my friends think I'm nuts for doing this for a kid who is only turning 3, I think he will LOVE it, and remember it for quite a while. :)

rentayenta
10-30-2004, 12:53 PM
We are having my DD's 6th birthday party at The Plaza Inn too. She thinks we are spending her birthday in Las Vegas so I have a mini party set up at The Rainforst Cafe in Vegas-against my better judgment. Their service is craptacular but she loves the scenery.

I have to throw a fake birthday party to throw her off the scent of her real party. Oy vey :rolleyes:

Nancy
10-30-2004, 03:18 PM
Is the Rainforrest Cafe in Vegas diffrerent than the one in Downtown Disney?

VickiC
10-30-2004, 03:35 PM
They are all about the same. Overpriced chain food with mediocre service.

rentayenta
10-30-2004, 07:15 PM
They are all about the same. Overpriced chain food with mediocre service.

Exactly as Vicki said it! My dd loves the jungle theme however and they aren't picky so they'll share an overpriced mediocre entree ;)

RemainSeatedPlease
10-31-2004, 01:13 AM
I like goin to the Mission Tortilla Factory, They will give you a whole stack of tortilla's if you have your b-day button on and wait around a bit!